1 (2.2%)
Razzid Wearat
3 (6.7%)
Sawney Rath
6 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

rrrrr

The Rogue Crew was awesome, and it was fun to read, also. :) ;D

Razzid was kind of stupid too, but I guess that was just villain character development.  :-X :P
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Banya on May 18, 2015, 02:52:15 AM
Quote from: TheTaleOfSierra on May 16, 2015, 05:08:05 AM
Somehow, I was expecting it. Oh well, I think that I'm going to skip "Mattimeo" entirely, then.

If you're going to continue to judge the characters, deaths, action, and other elements of the story, give the book a chance.

Maybe one day, although I don't see that happening anytime soon. I'm not very fond on reading things on another language because it drains all energy from my head and it is generally a pain (plus, it has been already demostrated that Jacques' works are not enjoyable outside their original environment). I would probably re-read Redwall in English just for the sake of comparison, though.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Hickory

Cluny, on the other hand, had excellent combat skills but died in a bad way. It seemed like the bell was more of a metaphor for, like, the spirit of Redwall Abbey.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Skarzs

Never thought of it that way, as a metaphor. (Now I'll never read it the same way again.) Rather fitting, though, that he was beaten by the same thing he desired to take. Wasn't it mentioned in the book that he wanted to use the bell for instilling fear into the hearts of woodlanders? Another reason why his death by the bell would be fitting.

As for the worst death, I'm thinking that one of the lesser villains in the books would hold that title, because I'm having a hard time thinking of a main antagonist having a pretty lame death. I think Slagar would take that for me.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

rrrrr

Quote from: The Skarzs on June 12, 2015, 05:02:06 PM
Never thought of it that way, as a metaphor. (Now I'll never read it the same way again.) Rather fitting, though, that he was beaten by the same thing he desired to take. Wasn't it mentioned in the book that he wanted to use the bell for instilling fear into the hearts of woodlanders? Another reason why his death by the bell would be fitting.

Aren't all villains like that? Gabool.
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Ashleg

He isn't up there, but I would have to say Vilu Daskar had the worst death because it changed my perception of Luke. I really liked him at first and since he was the hero he should have been able to show some mercy to the stoat ('cause wasn't Vilu begging for it?) instead of dying to ensure Vilu's death.

The Skarzs

Well, it wasn't very lame though; sure, drowning isn't the most colorful way to die, but there were worse (kinda).

Luke had to make a decision at a moment's notice, and being tied to the wheel he couldn't do much. He was distraught at the loss of his tribe, angry at the beast who had started it all, and hard pressed to do anything to save his friends.
  Of course, that's not exactly an excuse for revenge, but my point is, put in the most innocent of ways, that Luke couldn't do much else other than make sure that Vilu would never harm another life,
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: James Gryphon on May 18, 2015, 03:33:59 AM
I read The Rogue Crew the other day, after putting it off for over a month. In many ways it was a classic. The end for the allegedly fearsome Razzid Wearat was more than a little anticlimatic, though. An otter hit him over the head with a club and he dies. I already knew how he died before I read the book, and I was still left thinking, "That's it?" I guess not everybody can have a dramatic death, though, and it's not like Razzid ever did anything before that to impress me in terms of combat skills.
I always thought Razzid's death was lame.

Death
I mean, after nearly being burned to death and being regarded as the most terrifying villain of all time, he's ultimately killed by an old otter whacking him over the head with a stick? Laaa-aame.  Although, I guess Jum had the right to kill him in revenge for Wullow's death...
[close]
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

JangoCoolguy

Quote from: Scartooth on June 29, 2015, 04:00:40 AM
He isn't up there, but I would have to say Vilu Daskar had the worst death because it changed my perception of Luke. I really liked him at first and since he was the hero he should have been able to show some mercy to the stoat ('cause wasn't Vilu begging for it?) instead of dying to ensure Vilu's death.

Vilu had spent who knows hoe many years sinking ships and destroying coastal communities, killing all who stood in his path...and those who hadn't. He was one of the most evil vermin to ever (dis)grace the series. He had it coming and Luke had every right to take him down so he'd never do wrong again.

"The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace knowing your time has come."

Hickory

Excluding the fact that Brian wrote a chiildren's book and that having the hero decapitate the villain would scar the children, the deaths are almost always NOT by the hero. Doesn't it seem that the villain is purposely attacked and killed by a side character? I mean, a perfect example is in Mattimeo. Slagar fell to his death, and Matthias and Orlando stated pretty clearly that they were disappointed that they couldn't kill Slagar themselves. In other books, the heros DEBATE over who gets to kill the main villain! And guess what? None of them get to. *sigh*

The Skarzs

Revenge isn't always a noble pursuance, so perhaps Brian was trying to show that while intending to keep the children away from goriest death. (Aside from Urgan Nagru's death; that was pretty hardcore. :P)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Hickory

Marthimeo

I think it was slagar. He survived so much and then just fel into a hole ???

Jewel Thief

For me, if the villain wasn't  killed by the hero in an epic showdown, it was a lame death.
Hey Jewel thief where do you get, all those silver pistols?
Hey Jewel thief where do you get, all those arrowheads?

Ungatt Trunn

I forgot his name, but that one rat from Loamhedge who was the main villain... his death wasn't very climatic and all that interesting (I sound weird saying that  :P ;D)

Life is too short to rush through it.