News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The North Spur

Started by Wylder Treejumper, April 12, 2014, 05:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wylder Treejumper

The sun set over the western seas, its molten orb extinguished in unfathomable deeps. Fal walked the North Spur of Salamandastron with his patrol of three other hares, none of which he knew. Two were veterans, Shan and Landon, and his third, Fenn, was a rather pretty haremaid who was a recruit like him. His paws trembled in anticipation as he recalled this was his first real patrol! He didn't speak much, as the veterans only spoke of necessity and he became completely tounge-tied when he talked to Fenn, so he mostly looked out to sea. He noticed a low gray shape riding the surf on the spur. Just as he was about to show it to Shan, he heard a whistle and a cry. He turned around and saw Fenn go down with an arrow to the shoulder. He turned back to sea and froze when he saw vermin pour out of a small ship, the gray shape he had noticed earlier.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Dannflor

"Arr at em my trusty crew" a stout weasel called Vennesa shouted. "Leave dat long eared rabbit to meself buckoes"
     Drawing her two katana's she approached the Hare coolly as she smirked.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Wylder Treejumper

Vermin arrows whistled and cut down Shan and Landon. Fal froze. This was his first patrol! This was Salamandastron! This was not supposed to happen!. Just then, the words of the weasel jarred him into action. Thoughts raced through his mind. He could not run, and if he fought he would be killed one way or the other. He would have to win by strategem. Luckily, this was his strong point. Raising his sword so that it glinted in the last of the evening light, and Let out a mighty yell:
EULALIAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

He drew his sword and feinted a weak slash at the legs, then twisted upward into a powerful thrust straight at the weasel's stomach.

"FOR FENN!!!"
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Dannflor

Dodging the blows Her Katana's whirled as Vennesa approached the hare. slicing down as she tried to behead him.

Wylder Treejumper

OOC: I just attacked you... How do you respond?
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Dannflor

Wylder Treejumper

Fal slipped to the side and lashed out with his powerful hind legs, aiming for the weasel's stomach. He doubled his attack with a low slash with his sword.
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Dannflor

Vennesa shot back as the hare's kick connected, trying to get the wind back into her she rolled the hare's blade nearly missing her neck. Jumping up she flung herself at the hare yelling as she slashed at his midrif "blood an guts".

Wylder Treejumper

Fal took a step backwards, but tripped and fell. This misfortune saved his life, as the weasel jumped over him. Unfortunately, he dropped his sword, and the last of the sun dived into blue-green waters, plunging the world into darkness. He groped for his sword but was unable to find it. He did, however, find Fenn's body...

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Dannflor

Vennesa flew over the hare and landed face down in the sand. leaping up as the sun went down she charged at the spot where she thought she saw the rabbit. Swinging her katanas wildly she charged in the darkness.

Wylder Treejumper

OOC: Huh? What just happened? I tripped and fell and the weasel jumped over me. Then... what?
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Dannflor

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on May 05, 2014, 08:05:03 PM
OOC: Huh? What just happened? I tripped and fell and the weasel jumped over me. Then... what?
Huh You fell into the ocean and I just told my crew to slay the other hares that you brought along with you????????????????

Wylder Treejumper

OOC: I didn't fall in the ocean! I just tripped and fell, and you jumped over me. I'm still on dry land. The other hares are already dead, anyways, shot up with arrows.
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Dannflor

OOC: WHOOPS! reading mistake changed

Wylder Treejumper

Fel rolled over and dodged the weasel. He drew Fenn's weapon, a dueling saber, with a thrum. He settled into a fighting stance and took a few quick swings to test the balance of the weapon. Satisfied, he waited for the weasel to attack.
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington