The Fights of the Centuries

Started by The Skarzs, September 19, 2014, 01:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Okay, go ahead and name two creatures or groups, like armies, that you think would cause the greatest battles ever to be fought by any in Mossflower. Also, tell why you chose whomever you did, as well as discussing the choices of others.

I would like to see a fight between the Deepcoiler and the Slothunog. Two underwater monsters, both of huge size fighting for supremacy of the waters. But, who was the larger, or have some advantage? (Or were they the same species, and  not care to fight?)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

Baliss vs. Asmodeus would be really interesting. It said that Asmodeus was larger, but he made a much bigger deal of Baliss's size.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Jetthebinturong

Adder showdown, Baliss vs Asmodeus vs Zassalis vs Harsaccs vs Sesstra
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Delthion

But it said only that he RIVALED the size of Asmodeus, but that he was still smaller.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Gonff the Mousethief

The hamster from Triss and Gonff. They are both about the same size. Plus, they are both really awesome!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Delthion

Cluny and his horde vs. Ungatt with the Blue Hordes

The Skarzs

Cluny's horde was pitiful in size to the Blue Hordes; if they were the same size, maybe that would work.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

Quote from: The Skarzs on September 30, 2014, 04:28:54 PM
Cluny's horde was pitiful in size to the Blue Hordes; if they were the same size, maybe that would work.

But it seemed as if Cluny's horde was more competent then the Blue hordes. Maybe with the Blue Hordes defending a castle, nullifying the numbers advantage.

Captain Tammo

I think the Blue Horde would be more even against Damug Warfang's army. That'd be one crazy battle!!!

What about Tsarmina and her armies vs. Cluny and his horde???
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Izeroth

Tsarmina would lose. She was a far worse leader than Cluny ever could be.

James Gryphon

The Rapscallions were the real deal as far as vermin hordes go. They accomplished multiple remarkable things in their prime: they had the resources and the ingenuity to allow them to choose between sailing or marching, they were able to give an attack on Salamandastron a good go (against Lady Cregga's Long Patrol, which was possibly the largest and most powerful Patrol ever), they actually escaped the battle without being totally wiped out, and they had a relatively stable transition of power. Few vermin organizations have been able to do more than one of these, and no other group I'm aware of has done them all.

The Blue Hordes had numbers, and little else. They did successfully take Salamandastron, but with more than 100-to-1 odds against ancient defenders, that should have been a given. Plus, the whole part where they got starved and whittled down by the same defenders acting as guerrillas is not that impressive.

In spite of the overwhelming numerical odds, I like the Rapscallions' chances against the Blue Hordes. If they play it smart, I think it's quite possible they could wipe the larger army off of the field.

The Thousand Eyes Army was a professional and organized force, at one point, but they were basically coasting on Lord Greeneyes' successes by Mossflower. Cluny's horde was apparently very experienced with siege warfare, and might be able to take the fight to Kotir more effectively than the woodlanders did (at least, until the catapult came along). However, I don't think that they would be able to do as well as the woodlanders once the army is outside the gates.

Ultimately, I think it comes down to generalship, and few can match Cluny in that regard. I think Verdauga would beat Cluny. I'm not sure that's true with Tsarmina. With no disrespect intended to her majesty, she didn't have nearly as much experience or fine control over the army as her father did, and those things are essential to winning this kind of fight. I think the Horde wins, but it'd be a huge fight well worth watching -- especially when Cluny's troops are faced with the problem of bringing down an angry wildcat. For whatever her military credentials, Tsarmina's still a killer, and I'm not sure if Cluny himself could take her, one on one -- provided there's no river handy for her to fall into.
« Subject to editing »

Albrithr

This wouldn't necessarily take place in Mossflower country, but a naval battle between the Goreleech and the Greenshroud could be pretty cool.

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Delthion on September 30, 2014, 03:08:13 AM
But it said only that he RIVALED the size of Asmodeus, but that he was still smaller.
Baliss would still win. #gottalovebaliss.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

JangoCoolguy

Gulo vs a Badger Lord (take your pick)