News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Fights of the Centuries

Started by The Skarzs, September 19, 2014, 01:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

Yeah gotta say Riggu Felis's catguards vs. Tsarmina's horde, in a plain fight, no castle or defensive position. Really this is a goof battle, since Felis definitely had his catguards in line (Scorecat Fleng still returned after being abandoned) and he is a smart commander. Unfortunataly, since many of his techniques involved slaves, Tsarmina wouldn't care if a hostage hordebeast was captured and killed. But, as I recall, Tsarmina's troops started to desert when the siege was winning. Plus, Tsarmina was no great military commander, but Felis is previously proven to be a better one (but not as good as Verdauga). So kind of evenly matched. But I feel that felis would still win.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Skarzs

That would prove interesting for sure.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Hickory

Little side debate with a post by James Gryphon, i think it was cregga, mandoral, melesme, russano (mentioned to be in the thousands) and brocktree that actually had larger armies that normal. I think that the lowest number is 32 for urthstripe and 140-150 for stonepaw

Skyblade

Very creative thread.

I agree that seeing Gulo fight a badger lord would be engaging. I think wolverines are larger and generally more powerful, but badgers have Bloodwrath on their side.

The snakes would also be cool! And how about General Ironbeak versus Korvus Skurr? I don't know much about them (such as the size of their hordes), but the battle appears interesting to me.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Hickory

Hmm. Balis vs. Asmodeus? Just wondering...

SoranMBane

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on April 13, 2015, 03:06:51 PM
Hmm. Balis vs. Asmodeus? Just wondering...

I'm thinking that would end in a mutual kill (adder venom being the super instant death serum that it is in the Redwall world). It would probably be pretty cool to watch, though.

The Skarzs

That would only work if the adders were affected by their own venom. (I should think that since it is in their bodies, they would be immune to it.) However, simply beating each other with bites and whatnot would probably end with a mutual kill, or at least leave one nearly dead, since Baliss was described as being the biggest adder since Asmodeus. If I'm not wrong in that Baliss was the biggest in the series, than he would have that edge whereas the other would be able to see.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

LT Sandpaw

Lord Brocktree vs Lord Rawnblade, both are mighty Badger lords whose chosen weapons are giant war swords. In a one on one duel it would be very close.

Also another interesting battle would be between Martin the Warrior from Legend of Luke and Buckler from the Sable Queen Both were said to be true masters of their swords and a battle between them would be very exciting to watch.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

SoranMBane

Quote from: The Skarzs on April 13, 2015, 04:47:15 PM
That would only work if the adders were affected by their own venom. (I should think that since it is in their bodies, they would be immune to it.)

Not necessarily. Now, I can't seem to find any information anywhere on whether or not European adders are immune to their own venom, but if they follow the precedent set by the poor cobra in that Wikipedia article, then they'd most likely have some resistance to their own venom, but not be completely immune. And since a fight between two very large, angry adders would probably result in a lot of bites on both sides, both snakes would most likely end up dead, even if it takes significantly longer for the venom to kill them than it would with the creatures they prey on.

Hickory

In Redwall Cap'n Snow states that if he fought Asmodeus, "The snake and I would end up dead."

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on April 13, 2015, 07:16:41 PM
In Redwall Cap'n Snow states that if he fought Asmodeus, "The snake and I would end up dead."

That was probably because they are both about equally powerful.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

rrrrr

Though I think Snow would win if he's careful to stay away from the fangs.
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Skyblade

I think I would like to see Martin VS Tam. They're both clearly great warriors. I may be missing something here, though.

Quote from: rrrrr on April 19, 2015, 06:50:32 PM
Though I think Snow would win if he's careful to stay away from the fangs.

True. Although it may be hard to do so if Asmodeus is quick.

Welcome to the forums, rrrrr! You have a cool name! :D If you introduce yourself in the Introduction Topic in the Front Lawns, you'll be greeted by a lot of friendly forum members.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

rrrrr

Thanks Skyblade!

Another interesting battle would be Asmodeus vs. Lord Brocktree...
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Lady Ashenwyte

Lord Brocktree would win, I think Asmodeus's fangs would have been crushed when contacting the armour, and for the fact that Lord Brocktree would probably promptly behead the snake.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.