The Fights of the Centuries

Started by The Skarzs, September 19, 2014, 01:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vilu Daskar

I'm talking about when Skor is tired and knows Finnbarr will win he might do that in a final hope to beat Finnbarr.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Hickory

Like i said before, Finnbarr has a bit of experience. It's also shown implied that he doesn't always relie on his swords. But it depends.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Delthion

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on August 18, 2015, 05:59:50 PM

Well one can certainly tell Skarzs knows what he's talking about,

On the flipside though Axehound was said to have a round shield, probably like a Viking's shield. Such a piece of equipment would be very effective against a curving sword, curved swords like claymores (I believe that's what Galedeep used) are ineffective in thrusts and used more for cutting and slicing then stabbing. Such blows take a small amount of time to wind up and with that time Axehound could easily bring his shield into play. With Galedeep unable to land a blow without going around, over or under the shield Axehound can bully forward and deal some serious damage with his war axe. Not only that but he can circle to Galedeep's weak side (His bad eye) and force Galedeep to face him up front instead of trying to get around the shield.

I see this fight ending in Axehound's favor.

Claymore's aren't curved...
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Skarzs

Cutlasses were the swords you were thinking, Sand. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Hickory

Finnbarr did use curved swords, though. I'll check.

Quote from: Redwall WikiFinnbarr Galedeep was a large male sea otter and an excellent boatsbeast. His body was covered with many scars, he had only one ear, and one eye. The other socket was covered with an eyepatch. His weapons of choice were two basket hilt curved swords that he kept strapped to his back.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Jetthebinturong

Yes. Claymores aren't curved. He was using cutlasses.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

LT Sandpaw

Ah my mistake. :-[

Well there is no difference in the explanation besides the fact that cutlasses are generally shorter swords. Which in all technicality makes Axehound even more likely to win.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Vilu Daskar

I thought of them more saber like.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

LT Sandpaw

What about a battle between the two escaped slave armies The Fur n' Freedom Fighters VS The Terramont Resistance Against Gabool TRAG.

Both armies have roughly the same numbers and are in a beach setting giving neither really much advantage over the other.

TRAG has Dandian and Mariel along with their companions from Redwall except for Rawnblade because that would make them OP so he's not in this fight.

The Fur n' Freedom Fighters have Felldoh, and the Rosehip players. Martin and his armies would make them OP so he's not in this fight. Deja vu.

From the book I would assume that the TRAG fighters are slightly better armed and have steel weapons along with a selection of ranged weapons. They are lead by several powerful fighters and good leaders such as Joseph, Dandian and Mariel. They are very determined and capable though they had little combat training. They number a little under a hundred warriors and have the war cry "TRAG TRAG TRAG!" Which in my opinion is flippin pathetic

From the book I would assume that the Fur n' Freedom Fighters have very few quality weapons but they make up for that with their javelin throwers and slings. They too are very determined and have a little more training with their weapons. They are lead by the Rosehip players and Felldoh whom could kick all three of the other teams leaders tails single pawed but is admit ably a bad leader. The Rosehip players are slightly better in the leadership department but lack good combat skills. they have roughly eighty plus warriors and they have the battle cry FUR N' FREEEEEEDOOOOOM! Which is so much better!

After thinking about how this fight would go I decided I couldn't decide, both armies are well matched, I feel that TRAG "might." Have a slight advantage with better leaders superior weapons and numbers. All of which is countered by javelin throwers and Felldoh the one beast army. :P  Anyway what about you guys? Thoughts?

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Vilu Daskar

I wouldn't have added Felldoh since he's dead bit I think TRAG would win.

clunylooney

Quote from: Hickory on December 02, 2014, 10:37:41 PM
Little side debate with a post by James Gryphon, i think it was cregga, mandoral, melesme, russano (mentioned to be in the thousands) and brocktree that actually had larger armies that normal. I think that the lowest number is 32 for urthstripe and 140-150 for stonepaw
Don't forget, Boar the fighter had about 10 under his command.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Sebias of Redwall

I liked the underwater battle between the water rat and the pike.
Rakkety Tam vs Gulo was also pretty good.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!