News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Skarz's Sketches

Started by The Skarzs, September 29, 2014, 03:32:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

I don't think it was over-the-top. I think art is tricky and so you certainly did a better job than I would have done!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Much muscles. What mouse normally has that many muscles?? Also your legs look. . Slightly odd, but I think practice would make perfect there. Again, though, very muscle-y. Mice usually have tiny stick-thin legs. Other than that, pretty good. :)

The Skarzs

<.< I have no experience with skinny bodies either. Time to practice more.

Also, you should look at some of the drawing helps for human bodies. The guys are ripped and the women are supermodels. -_-
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Yeah, skinny is hard. Is it realistically skinny, or way too skinny? Part of the fun of being an artist I suppose.

Hah, I'm sure. >_<

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

They look good. Just a note about thigh gap. Not all women have it. Most larger women don't, but if you are drawing skinny women then yes... I don't know if skinny guys have thigh gap. XP. Also a note on the waist. The curvature comes from the larger hips in comparison to the ribcage. the waist does not get smaller after the ribcage ends unless a restrictive corset is being worn. It wasn't too obvious in your drawing but it is just something to keep in mind.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

The Skarzs

Thanks! I will keep that in mind.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Skarzs

In continuing my efforts to improve, I remembered I have done very little drawing with motion in it. So I decided to try something with some good movement.

Dancing!

The posture and position of the limbs is important to give the illusion of movement, like feet that aren't in the most stable position for standing, but only because it is between steps. The tail on the mouse was originally hanging down, but it looked too stagnant, so I changed it to look as if it is swinging a bit. Clothing that is flowing to one side, like on the female squirrel, also helps with this in showing the direction they are moving.
The male mouse seems a bit stiff to me, unfortunately, and that may be how straight his back is. If I had drawn him leaning back a little it probably would have looked a bit less motionless.
This also brings to light another shortcoming of mine in how limbs can sometimes look as stiff as a board. Joints are not always straight. In fact, they're bent most of the time, even when resting. Just one more exercise to work on.

Any comments or critiques are appreciated!
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

The Skarzs

THAT'S IT?

RIP MY PIECE APART AND GIVE ME FEEDBACK.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

Cornflower MM

The ballerina in me is cringing at the mouse's outstretched hand, but thats just because that would get me beat over the head with the roll call folder. :P

Drawing him bent slightly forward would be more realistic, actually. Also squirrel tails are generally more curved.

Other than it looks nice.