News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Manga/Anime

Started by Maudie, November 29, 2014, 06:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetthebinturong

Okay Light is a total creep. L is pretty adorable though. L is kind of creepy though, I don't think he solves the cases because he cares, I think he just wants to prove he's the best. He doesn't seem fazed by the amount of people killed and he seems willing to expend lives just so he can figure out what Light can do.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rainshadow

Yeah, I like the fact that you watch the show from the "villain's" point of view, but at the same time, it's really hard to try and root for the "hero" when he's trying to catch the main character.  Still, I like L a lot more than Light.  Light's just a jerk.  A rather insane jerk.

What episode are you on?
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Jetthebinturong

Just finished episode 7.

Rainshadow

Nice.  You're probably gonna catch up to me quick, and you're also probably gonna finish before me.  Oh well, I'll get there eventually.  :P
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Jetthebinturong

Death Note got REALLY disturbing. Glad that only lasted one episode.

Death Note episode 16

Sane!Light sitting in the cell screaming his head off was just horrifying. And L became a lot more creepy. His creator has described him as slightly evil, I see that now.
[close]

Banya

I'm not nearly as far into the show as you two are (somewhere around episode 7 or so), but I too prefer L over Light, though both can be likeable.

Jetthebinturong

Okay the worst thing in Death Note just happened. The only reason I'm still watching is to see Light die. Like, that sounds morbid but after episode 25 you'll feel the same way.

Jetthebinturong

Death Note was a work of art. I need time to recover.

Banya

I just watched Death Note in its entirety this weekend, and I'm still in severe emotional turmoil.  Jet, have you recovered?

Jetthebinturong

Yes. It took a long time.

Banya

I'm still screaming internally.  What a show. 

Rain, have you completed it?

Lady Ashenwyte

Going to start watching Yona of the Dawn. Should be interesting.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Rainshadow

@Banya:  THAT'S the anime I forgot to finish!  I made myself go and finish up till the end of at least the first season of most of the anime I've seen before starting a new one, and I forgot Death Note.  Wonderful.  :P

On another note, I randomly decided to start Trinity Blood a few days ago because it was mentioned on WatchMojo.  It's a pretty interesting anime!  I'd type out what it's about right now, but it's rather late and I'm on my Kindle, so I'll save the description for later.  Just know that it involves an awesome vampire priest who fights other vampires and is equal parts dork and sweetheart.

The Mask

So not sure where else to put this, as I couldn't find any gritty comic book threads, and I can't be bothered making one.
The Walking Dead.
Oh my gosh, it's incredible. It has the unfortunate habit of killing off all my favourite characters. Seriously, everyone dies. Anyone read/seen it?
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: The Mask on August 02, 2015, 12:45:53 PM
So not sure where else to put this, as I couldn't find any gritty comic book threads, and I can't be bothered making one.
The Walking Dead.
Oh my gosh, it's incredible. It has the unfortunate habit of killing off all my favourite characters. Seriously, everyone dies. Anyone read/seen it?

Too scared to watch it. (I have kinemortophobia.) Also, Game of Thrones.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.