Pumpkin-pickers
2 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

Rusvul

Quote from: Delthion on December 23, 2014, 04:41:39 AM
Warm-up. Basically; "Aim, pull trigger, *high-pitched whine* fire."
Ah. In that case I'll stick to the beam weapons, if you've ever played a MOBA you know just how long 2-5 seconds can be...

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Faiyloe

Oh.. I can see my Character clashing with the first officer.  ;D
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Delthion

Yep, hopefully yours will clash with the captain and the first officer. ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Izeroth

Just how powerful are Ion weapons? Would they be capable of killing an unarmored enemy with one shot, or would it take several?

Søren

Delthion

Yes, but armor significantly affects the number of shots required.

As soon as Jett makes his character, if he is willing to be the doctor.

Jetthebinturong

Hm, I don't really want to be a doctor, I'll make two characters. Are there any spaces available other than just random grunt?
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Delthion

You could be Ops, basically sensors and the like...

Jetthebinturong

Delthion

You could be the ops officer, basically you would be in charge of reading the sensors and getting things back online.

Søren

Look up Commander Data and get back to us.

Jetthebinturong

The Star Trek wiki is frustratingly vague

Rusvul

You could be the Doctor, or the Ops officer (Monitors sensors, accepts hails, basically is the computers guy) I don't think we have a Tactical/Security officer either (not sure what we're calling it) but if you did that you'd be the guy to lead security teams (if someone boards the ship or something,) you'd probably lead away missions, and you'd be the one to monitor weapons and fix them when they break.

Also, if we were to break away from standard Star Trek ranks and positions a little, you might be in charge of some other thing. Crew's mental health, routine maintenance, you could be a xenobiologist, xenosociologist, xenoarchaeologist, xeno- anything standard.... You might be in charge of fabricating parts to repair, or food to eat, or you could do any number of things that might make sense on a starship.