News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

[CRAFT] "Published" a book!!!

Started by Captain Tammo, December 30, 2014, 05:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maudie

That's so cool! You should like, put it on the kindle store for free. ;D
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Captain Tammo

Thanks guys! I'm holding off on any distribution for now. I don't want to run into any copyright issues (I will look into this some more, though, and see if there's a way around it so I can share the physical copy)! But parts I and II of the book are on the forum, and have actually gotten some really nice feadback so far! I'm actually in the process of going through and making a bunch of grammar corrections, so they'll read significantly smoother :)
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Dannflor

Woah Dude this is AWESOME link to the page where I can buy!!!! :D
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Dannflor on January 27, 2015, 11:18:51 PM
Woah Dude this is AWESOME link to the page where I can buy!!!! :D

It isn't for distribution.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Dannflor

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Dannflor

Yeah, But It would be Cool to have it in Book Format!

Summer Tleo

winifred

Tammo, that is amazing!!! Having you book in your hand must be exhilarating. Good job and congrats!
I'm gonna go read it now.  ;)

I published a friend's book online a couple years ago with lulu.com. It was around the same price but the book was significantly smaller, so I'll look into your website.
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Captain Tammo

Quote from: winifred on February 10, 2015, 07:12:05 PM
Tammo, that is amazing!!! Having you book in your hand must be exhilarating. Good job and congrats!
I'm gonna go read it now.  ;)

I published a friend's book online a couple years ago with lulu.com. It was around the same price but the book was significantly smaller, so I'll look into your website.

Thanks so much :)

What was the book called?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

winifred

By the way, just to be perfectly clear, the book isn't an ebook (meaning online) I just meant I published it using a company online.  :D
The book is called James and the Fairy Queen. I believe said friend actually posted the story in the fan works since it did have Redwall elements to it. Lemme see if I can find it...
Moved: http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=1631.0
Forewarning: It was written a couple years ago and it's the unedited version.  :)
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Gears

Wow! This looks, really, really good. Keep it up! I would like to see more. :D

By the way, you can get your book published through Amazon very cheaply, but I'm not sure if that would infringe upon Brian Jacques' copyright...

EDIT:

Everyone's said what I came to say...
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

Captain Tammo

It's been a while since I first posted this and I've since updated the story's grammar and such, as well as the cover. Here's a picture of what it looks like now! (I switched the name for obvious purposes)

Front Cover

Back Cover

You can check out the story right here on the Forum!

Jukka the Sling

Awesome!

If I could write a long enough story, I'd love to be able to do this.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on June 16, 2015, 02:16:17 AM
Awesome!

If I could write a long enough story, I'd love to be able to do this.

Thanks :) It took a pretty good chunk of time to do. In fact, I never really thought I'd finish it in the end. It just turned into one of those hobbies that I did on my spare time and one day I realized I was finished!