News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

[RECIPE] Deeper n' Ever Pie

Started by Wylder Treejumper, May 08, 2015, 04:39:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wylder Treejumper

From The Redwall Kitchen

Deeper n' Ever Pie

Ingredients:

-One quart each of turnip, potato, and beets diced small.
-Herbs of your choice
-for gravy: 1/4 cup flour, salt and pepper, 2 chicken bouillon cubes, 2 and 1/2 cups veggie broth.
-for pastry: 3 cups flour, pinch of salt, 1/4 tsp. powdered sugar, 4oz. shortening, 1/2 cup water, 2 Tbsp milk.

Directions:
To make pastry: mix dry ingredients. Boil together shortening, water, and milk. Pour over dry ingredients and mix as quickly as possible. Set aside 1/4 of dough, put the rest into a large straight-sided souffle; dish and press onto bottom and sides. To make filling: cook beets and turnips for 15 min. each, save cooking water. Mix all 3 veggies with whatever herbs you like. Mix flour with enough water to make a smooth soupy paste. Add bouillon cubes salt and pepper. Stir in juice from cooking veggies and cook to make gravy. Add to veggies and put into crust. Roll out remaining crust and put on top. Cut slits in top of crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 min. and then at 300 degrees for 1 hour.

This recipe donated by Teaselpaw.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.