Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 22, 2011, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Before asking a question, consult the help findable at the top of the forum.

You can post any questions you might have about the rules, or anything to do with the forum and its works in general.
If you have a question, ask here and (hopefully) get an answer.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Songbreeze

I just have a small question I was wondering about. How do you cover up your email so that not everyone can see it?

~Song
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
"Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that is why they call it the present!"

Matthias720

There's a setting on your profile page that changes that. Under "Account Related Settings" click on the "Hide email address from public?" check-box, and click on the "Change Profile" button at the bottom of the screen.

Redwall Musician

Quote from: Songbreeze on June 23, 2011, 05:30:19 PM
I just have a small question I was wondering about. How do you cover up your email so that not everyone can see it?

I can help with that. I just checked your profile, and it was hidden. It shows when you look at it because it is your profile. Hope that makes sense.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Osu

Just curious, are there any plans in the works to help prevent spammers? A captcha or two, maybe? Can't post until email address has been verified? Or, I dunno.... anything, really? ^^;
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

The Lady Shael

Trust me, we want to fix it as much as you do. As mods we don't have that privilege. There is a captcha already on the registration form, but bots can pass that on the highest setting with no problem. Email verification would be a good next step, and I've found a simple verification question keeps most of those bots stumped.

I haven't seen Redwall Abbey around lately, but we'll try to get a hold of them as soon as possible.
~The Lady Shael Varonne of Mossflower Country
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/

Osu

Ahh, good to hear. I experienced a few minutes of pure, unbridled horror when I saw the adult link, haha. Here's to hoping our admin pops on again sometime soon. ^^;

Another question: is there a way to report specific users - or really, can you guys ban users? It probably doesn't make a huge difference for the bots, but getting rid of the spam accounts themselves might not be such a bad idea - especially if they link to inappropriate content. So if there isn't an automated way to report user accounts, would we be able to PM or email a mod or something like that?

The Lady Shael

Again, unfortunately, we don't have privileges to do that. Next time the admin comes around, we can ask for the privileges to gag or ban users, so that we can at least prevent their username/email/IP from being used again. For now all we can do is delete the spam as we come across it.

Matthias720

And that would make our job so much easier. ;)

DanielofRedwall

Just wondering where the introduction thread went? I've looked in all the boards but I couldn't find it. Maybe I just didn't look hard enough.
Received mostly negative reviews.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

As it states in the rules, if you see a page that's nothing but links or check the link's address and dinnae recognise it as something with Redwall or somthing that's ok, just don't click the link.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Temperance Macayle

I have a question; is there a place for a body to introduce oneself?  I am sort of at a disadvantage here.
"Protect what matters with everything you have. Or you'll have nothing. And deserve it." -Aveline Vallen

Osu

There used to be two threads that I knew of -- but one appears to have been deleted, and the other looks to be locked. I haven't a clue why, though! D:

The Lady Shael

Yep....the previous Introduction thread accidentally got deleted. >.< I just made a new one in Off-Topic discussion. =)

Temperance Macayle

"Protect what matters with everything you have. Or you'll have nothing. And deserve it." -Aveline Vallen