News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Is Redwall as safe as they say it is? (OOC And Sign-Ups!)

Started by Ashleg, September 01, 2015, 11:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

I'm going to stop being so shy and attempt another roleplay...Hopefully this one won't fail! ;)
It was the Autumn of the Quiet Moon. Redwall Abbey had been flourishing in the past few years of peace they've very well deserved, and it stayed that way until one afternoon a young haremaid, Mixy, and her friends discovered a seemingly abandoned house in the middle of Mossflower while she was collecting berries to bring back to Redwall.
Upon going inside, they found out that somebeast had lived there not so long ago. A note rested on the table, reading only the words "Rapshade the Swift". Who could that be?
Mixy and her friends took the note with them but didn't say anything about it to anybeast except eachother.
As it turns out, Rapshade is a pirate ferret who had arrived in Mossflower by complete accident--his steersrat had decided to go "exploring" one night while everyone rested, and changed course without his Captain's consent. After being in Mossflower for a while, Rapshade had taken a liking to this new land.
While getting used to the land, he and his crew plundered any woodlanders they could find...Until one day they wound up at Redwall.
Of course, as most vermin do, he wanted it to be his.
Alas, the poor Redwallers don't know about Rapshade and his nasty crew yet.
Both Redwall and the vermin be in for a big "surprise" once they do.

Available Positions/Character List:
Spoiler

(Redwall)
-Abbot/Abbess (taken)
Grant
-Badgermum (taken)
Ava
-Cook/Friar (taken)
Ruck
-Cook's Assistant (taken)
Murph
-Infirmary Sister (taken)
Rayne Hummingwolf
-Cellar Keeper (taken)
Fergbar
-Abbey Warrior (taken)
Brandon
-Other Redwallers (always open)
Mixy Winterberry II (deceased)
Bracklew
Duncan Winterberry
Muddle

(Rapshade's Crew)
-Captain (taken)
Rapshade the Swift
-Steersrat (taken)
Saltooth
-Cook (taken)
S.L
-Bosun (open)
-Seer/Healer (taken)
Vadoma
-Slavemaster (taken)
Jetfur
-Second in command (not open, chosen in rp)
-Random crewmember (always open)
Fangfang
Slimepaw (deceased)
Halfear (deceased)
Blackclaw (deceased)
Goddith (deceased)
Tinygut (deceased)
Frogeye
Duskfur

(Rapshade's Slaves)
-Open (unlimited)

Loners
-Open (unlimited)

[close]

Okay! Now that the plot's out of the way, here's the forum!
Please be a Woodlander and a vermin to keep it even...Though if you can't handle two characters I understand. :)
Vermin should start out evil and woodlanders good, but if something that happens in the roleplay causes them to change then that's acceptable.
Rapshade's horde/crew should consist of only vermin, as Redwall is with Woodlanders.
Oh, and please only use animals in the books.
Have fun!! ;)
Forum
Spoiler

Name:
-Nickname? (optional):
Age (Not in years. Dibbun, teen, young adult, adult, middle-aged, senior--you get the idea.):
Side (Vermin or Woodlander?):
Species:
Appearance:
Personality:
Anything else I should know about them?:
[close]

My forums-
Spoiler

Name: Rapshade the Swift
-Nickname? (optional): Pirate, Murderer, Rapshade Quickblade, and Pitiless One are things his victims have called him before. His crew generally refers to him as "Captain", and his close friends and allies sometimes call him "Captain Swiftshade".
Age (Not in years. Dibbun, teen, young adult, adult, middle-aged, senior--you get the idea.): Adult.
Side (Vermin or Woodlander?): Vermin.
Species: Ferret.
Appearance: Rapshade is quite thin and has the markings of a common ferret, but his fur color is a bit more uncommon: black, with gray around his eyes, and brown on the ears and tail. He has amber eyes that sometimes appear red depending on the lighting, and he dons a purple pirate coat with a dark velvet sash tied around the middle. He can always be seen carrying around his trusty sabre, but keeps three sharp daggers just in case.
Rapshade is missing a tuft of fur from his right elbow and a bit from both shoulders as well. He keeps this hidden by always wearing long sleeves.
His left ear has a nick from an earring tearing out. (Oh, vermin and their jewelry!)
Personality:
Rapshade prides himself with his ability to surprise other beasts. At first glance, he just looks like this tall, random ferret that decided to become a captain overnight, since he doesn't exactly come across as strong. Others soon learned to fear him once they realized what he was capable of--And thus learned the lesson of not letting a creature's looks fool them.
Rapshade is a fast runner, and is quite nimble in battle. He's been known to be lacking in mercy towards both his crew and woodlanders, and is very manipulative, though he's terribly afraid of dying.
•Control •Sailing •Plundering/slaying •Causing trouble •Watching others suffer •Night time •The color purple
-Dislikes:
•Green •Losing •Sweets (pie, cake, scones...any kind of dessert) •Woodlanders • His father •Getting sick
Though he attempts to hide it, Rapshade is very sickly, and it had become a well-known fact around the crew. He's missing some fur because he's sick.
Sick, but not contagious. It's a disease he inherited, and it's not deadly as long as he and the seer take care of it.
Name: Mixy Winterberry II
-Nickname? (optional): Mixy
Age (Not in years. Dibbun, teen, young adult, adult, middle-aged, senior--you get the idea.): Teen
Side (Vermin or Woodlander?): Woodlander
Species: Hare
Appearance: Mixy is normal sized for her age and species. She has fuzzy grayish white fur and lively blue eyes. Mixy usually wears a navy blue dress around Redwall, but when she goes out she wears her mother's old cloak.
She owns a small sword, but has never used it in real combat.
Personality: Mixy is not one to shy away from danger, she's just good at avoiding it. When it all comes down to things, she can be a bit shy and isn't very open minded until she gets to know somebeast.
•Cherries •Redwall •The spring •Going on crazy adventures
-Dislikes:
•Anyone or anything that threatens her home, family, or friends •cold weather •seeing blood
Her parents were in the Long Patrol, but she chose to live a different lifestyle and remained at Redwall.

Name: Fangfang
-Nickname? (optional): Fang
Age (Not in years. Dibbun, teen, young adult, adult, middle-aged, senior--you get the idea): Young Adult.
Side (vermin or Woodlander?): Vermin.
Species: Rat
Appearance: Fangfang is a short but skinny rat with dirty looking yellow fur. He has two sharp teeth that usually stick out of his mouth, and large brown eyes. His tail is long.
Personality: Fangfang is...The ditzy one. Rapshade hates him and views him as basically his scapegoat, but Fangfang still views Rapshade as his hero, since they were childhood friends.
•Grass •Sailing •Dibbuns •Talking about things that are completely off topic •The captain •Whatever the captain likes
-Dislikes:
•fighting •Seaweed grog ("Aggh! Yuck!") •Disobeying the captain
Horde rat. Basically the crew's "omega". He's easy to take advantage of.
Anything else I should know about them?
Rapshade doesn't know why he even keeps him around.
...That, and I got his name from a vermin name generator and was like "Fangfang?!"
I thought it could make for a funny character.

Name: Duncan Winterberry
-Nickname? (optional): n/a
Age (Not in years. Dibbun, teen, young adult, adult, middle-aged, senior--you get the idea.):
Side (Vermin or Woodlander?): Middle-Aged
Species: Hare
Appearance: Duncan Winterberry is a large, formidable looking hare with gray fur and blue eyes. Many would describe him as hardy looking, since he used to be a part of the Long Patrol but now resides in Redwall with his daughter, Mixy.
Duncan's garb is simple: a plain red tunic with a belt around the middle, and a small metal charm he wears around his neck. It was a loving give from his dearly departed wife, Millie, whom their daughter is kind of named after. He is strong looking especially given his age, with long, pointy ears and a hefty build.
Personality: Duncan Winterberry is very kind and gentle with his family, but if somebeast messes with them or anything he loves he'll throw all compassion to the wind; he's similar to Martin or Luke in this way. The only problem with this is that he's very judgmental against vermin. Though the hare wished not to become the Abbey Warrior because he wanted to focus more on his child than his title, he's skilled in sword fighting and isn't afraid to held out if help is needed.
On a less serious note, Duncan's a funny gluttonous hare! Aren't they all? ;)
•Friendly creatures •His family •Redwall •The sound of rain •Hotroot soup •Salamandastron
-Dislikes:
•Vermin •Rude creatures •Not being able to go outside
Abbeydweller
His wife was killed by Rapshade back when he was in the Long Patrol.

Name: Vadoma
-Nickname? (optional): n/a
Age (Dibbun, teen, young adult, adult, middle-aged, senior--you get the idea.): Middle-aged.
Side (Vermin or Woodlander?): Vermin.
Species: Fox (vixen).
Appearance: Vadoma is a gray fox who dons a cloak and usually smells like the herbs she is well accustomed to using, the main one being rosemary. Her eyes are green and give off the essence of somebeast who is all knowing. She has three golden earrings on her left ear, each studded with some kind of jewel. She usually wears a tattered red skirt and a brown tunic, with a beaded necklace. Her tail is long and plumelike and she carries a short curved cutlass wherever she goes.
Personality: Though he is still her captain and she still has to obey him, Vadoma is somehow able to get Rapshade to listen to her. The moment he became captain he practically entrusted his life in the vixen, flat out telling her that he was sick and needed her help. It may seem like they're best friends, but perhaps it's one sided. Yes, Vadoma cares for the ferret, but she simply views him as the captain and nothing more. This is all a profession to her. She served his dad, who barely needed her, and now she's working for Rapshade. Vadoma is the only one allowed in the captain's bunk and she gets fed better then the other crewbeasts, so she kind of enjoys her job.
The only one who really knows her is Rapshade, and even though the others have tried to ask what goes on in there every night she keeps everything a mystery. Though there is a rumor going around the ship that Rapshade couldn't live without a healer's help, she always denies it.
...Even though it's true.
•Her job •Having friendly duels with the captain •The sea •Mossflower •Fancy trinkets and jewelry
-Dislikes:
•Nosy creatures •Being out of stock of something (particularly an herb or medicine) •Woodlanders
Anything else I should know about them?
Though she mainly treats Rapshade, she sometimes helps the others if the ferret's doing better.
[close]

LT Sandpaw

I could dig this Scartooth, your last RP was without much of a plot but still worked so this could certainly be interesting. I'm going for Steersrat and Abbey Warrior if that's okay. I still have to finish the sheets but they should be up fairly soon. ;)

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Ashleg

LT Sandpaw

No problemo comrade- See what I did there ;)

Anyway I got them all finished I hope they work with your plans, also I have three characters and as my RPing nature goes I might make NPCs throughout the RP. I know now that I need to make sure that is okay with you.

Alrighty here they are Brandon, Saltooth, and the young Bracklew

Name:Brandon
-Nickname? (optional): None officially
Age (Not in years. Dibbun, teen, young adult, adult, middle-aged, senior--you get the idea.):Middle-aged
Side (Vermin or Woodlander?):Woodlander
Species: Wood Mouse

Appearance: Brandon is of stocky build and a creature of pleasant features. Although slightly aged he has not a single grey hair on him and is still as strong as ever. He wears the simple green habit showing he is a mouse of the Redwall order which is belted with a simple black girdle. His muzzle has a squashed look like it had been broken several times and never healed properly. He is covered in light brown fur with a white stomach and chest. His eyes are a dark black and have swirling eddies of some secret long past.

Personality: Brandon is very animated and clever, though he is still energetic he is growing long in the tooth and often likes to sit back and remember old friends. He enjoys telling stories but never of his past which is marred by his own mistakes. He can be logical and animated with seasons of wisdom making him a dangerous warrior and a good friend.

-Dislikes: Lazy beasts, disrespect

Anything else I should know about them?: although he is the wielder of Martin's sword Brandon still does not believe he is worthy. He made a horrible mistake in his past which most creatures have long since forgiven him for, which still haunts him every day and night.
Deceased.

Name: Saltooth
-Nickname? (optional):Salty
Age (Not in years. Dibbun, teen, young adult, adult, middle-aged, senior--you get the idea.):Young Adult
Side (Vermin or Woodlander?): Vermin
Species: Searat

Appearance:Saltooth is a big searat and a typical pirate scum. He is still young and ambitious with shiny black fur and a long grey tail. His eyes are large and he has a tough exterior like that of an experienced mariner. He wears a ragged grey tunic with a broad leather belt. This is paired with some large sea boots and a bright red bandana that is tied around his ears. On his left cheek is a tattoo of a barracuda and on his right ear is a large golden loop-earing. Tied around his waist is a red silken sash where a selection of curved daggers and a scimitar is thrust.

Personality:Saltooth is a greedy and self-centered pirate from his ears to his tail-tip. He is known for being very polite to his victims before gutting them though the heart and loves to cruelly joke with those who are weaker than he is. Although he isn't very bright Saltooth has a particularly good luck and considerable skill in steering ships. He is ambitious and is just as likely to start a mutiny then to follow the captains orders to the letter.

-Dislikes: Woodlands, woodlanders, and marching. :P

Anything else I should know about them?: He is very Anti-Mossflower and would much rather return to the sea. He is a good liar though and has kept his distaste of his captain's decisions secret.

Name: Bracklew
-Nickname? (optional): Lew
Age (Not in years. Dibbun, teen, young adult, adult, middle-aged, senior--you get the idea.):Teen
Side (Vermin or Woodlander?):Woodlander
Species:Red Squirrel

Appearance: Lew is a small and cheery looking young creature who always has a smile. He is slightly plump but this does little to slow the youth down. His fur is a fiery red, almost gold color, which is paired with large green eyes. He wears a yellow smock and a beret that he wears at a cocky angle.

Personality: Lew is a cheerful creature and very inquisitive. He is often asking more questions than could be answered to the point where it could be annoying. He is very bright and an excellent actor and has a talent for mimicking creatures. Although he is often laughing at other creature he can't stand it when others laugh at him unless he was trying to make them laugh. He is also easily frustrated and a bit of a pushover.

-Likes: A good meal, being the center of attention, asking questions
-Dislikes: Creatures laughing at him, work, and silence

Anything else I should know about them?: He is one of Mixy's friends and enjoys tagging along with her and typically agrees with whatever she says.

Hope their all accepted, just give me a shout if you want me to change something ;)

Ashleg

Great! You're in. Sounds like Rapshade better watch his back, eh?
And it's perfectly fine with me that you tend to make NPCs, I sometimes do that too. ;)
If they ever become one of your characters, that'll be okay.
Characters are unlimited, you just have to know how many you can handle. ;D

I'll make the roleplay thread in a little bit.

rrrrr

rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Ashleg

Awesome!
Thanks for wanting to join, I can't wait to see your characters. ;D

Ashleg

Cornflower MM

LT Sandpaw

Hey Corn, glad to see your joining too, It might have gone a little slowly with just me and Scar. :)

Cornflower MM

:)

Name: Rayne Hummingwolf
-Nickname? (optional): Ray
Age (Not in years. Dibbun, teen, young adult, adult, middle-aged, senior--you get the idea.):Adult
Side (Vermin or Woodlander?): Woodlander - Redwall's Infirmary Sister, if that's alright?
Species: Squirrel
Appearance: thick gray fur mottled with cream and black
Personality:

I'll finish later.

Ashleg

I'm not in a hurry, I'm just excited.  ;)
Thanks for joining and reminding me what that was called--I knew there was a healer of some sort but I forgot what they referred to her as!

LT Sandpaw

The Infirmary keeper I believe. But Cornflor already has that covered ;)

Gonff the Mousethief

I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Ashleg

Sure thing!
Do you know what spot(s) you'd like me to save for you?