News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Jar-Jar Binks Thread

Started by Groddil, December 26, 2015, 05:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your opinion of Jar-Jar?

Jar-Jar is the best character in Star Wars. Ever.
2 (11.1%)
I like Jar-Jar.
2 (11.1%)
I refuse to participate in this poll because it has Jar-Jar in it.
3 (16.7%)
KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE!
6 (33.3%)
Who's Jar-Jar? The prequels never existed.
5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Groddil

Welcome to the Jar-Jar Binks Thread, a thread for Jar-Jar Binks memes and other Star Wars stuff!

Don't hate, appreciate!

James Gryphon

I think the hate on Jar Jar is overdone. He might be childish, but he's not as bad as all of that. It's also tragic how he indirectly plays a role in the destruction of the Republic and the Sith's rise to power.
« Subject to editing »

Hickory

Have you ever even heard of he original Phantom Menace script? Jar Jar spoke perfect English in that.

Actually, it was Amidala's poor decision to make Binks the representative that did it.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Groddil

This Anti-Jar-Jar propaganda is to be destroyed at once! 10000 Credits shall be rewarded to whomever destroys this picture.

Hickory

Quote from: Groddil on December 26, 2015, 05:59:07 AM
This Anti-Jar-Jar propaganda is to be destroyed at once! 10000 Credits shall be rewarded to whomever destroys this picture.

Groddil

*Scurries in and places poster on wall*
*Hands Sagetip 10000 credits and runs off*

Hickory

Groddil

Lady Ashenwyte

Apparently Andy Serkis will be playing an evil (!) Jar Jar Binks in the future.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Groddil

But he's already playing that giant sith guy with the crack in his head...
Unless...
Star Wars episode X to XII trilogy confirmed.

In other news, who bets they'll split episode IX into two parts like every other last movie in a series. (For now)?

LT Sandpaw

I don't like Jar Jar because he is the definition of bad story telling. For some reason he makes major changes in the movie by blundering around, his character is there solely for comic relief but instead of being just comic relief he actually pushes the plot forward which is really just lazy writing.

Not Only that but seriously who makes a blundering fool a general? Seriously who in their right mind does that! And who in their right mind makes that same blundering fool a senator who can convince a whole galactic senate to hand the Chancellor war powers?

I mean at some point one of the producers had to have asked themselves why Jar Jar was the most pathetic yet powerful character in the Star Wars prequels.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Lady Ashenwyte

There's this excellent theory that Jar Jar Binks is evil (!), and he is the one manipulating Anakin and Palpatine. A good read it was, but there's swearing in the comments section.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Groddil

@Sandpaw:
He might have done some stupid things, but he managed to help nonetheless, and who doesn't like comic relief? I do agree, making him a chancellor was a bit extreme, but if he never convinced the senate to blah blah blah, then the good Star Wars movies never would have happened, so you really should be thanking him!

*Bonus quiz!?!?*
1. What species is Jar-Jar?
2. What planet is Jar-Jar from?
3. Who saved Jar-Jar's life?
4. Who played Jar-Jar?
5. True or False: Jar-Jar appears in episode VI.

LT Sandpaw

Ooh Ooh I'll try!

1. What species is Jar-Jar? Gungan
2. What planet is Jar-Jar from? Naboo
3. Who saved Jar-Jar's life? Everyone, and Dumb luck. But I think you mean Qui Gon.
4. Who played Jar-Jar? The devil
5. True or False: Jar-Jar appears in episode VI. False

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro