OLD FORUM BACK UP! Or not...

Started by Jukka the Sling, December 23, 2015, 11:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonff the Mousethief

It may be a payment issue since it happened at the end of a month.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Skyblade

How can we get the webmaster to remember to pay every month?

Or some other solution?

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Jukka the Sling

I don't know.  I wonder why it only became a problem now, after all these years.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Wylder Treejumper

Well, it could be that they are working on whatever caused the crash in the first place, if the first fix wasn't thorough. I am glad I found out about this, though. Now I'll have to go through and see all of what I missed...
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

rachel25

So, what exactly is being done to get it back this time? And why is it only happening now when it's been fine for years?

Skyblade

^^^ What they all said

Is there any way a member could help?

Kitsune

Well, I suppose one could hack into the site and fix it that way, resulting in gratitude and a possible ban. :P

Lutra

Just my two cents....

I don't know who exactly is in charge of the official domain, but there's a real issue if they can't keep making payments to keep the site up all of a sudden.  Hopefully its nothing long term.

James, who runs the servers this forum is on?  Can't say I know what a soopergrape is.  :D
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Jetthebinturong

The forum is once again back.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Ashleg

Kitsune

It appears to be down again.

Maudie

Maybe they're fixing it!

That'll be the day.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Kitsune

Ashleg

Maybe it's just having trouble with the server...?

Skyblade

It's a different error message this time, I believe. We really need to fix this situation... it's not convenient to have the forum go down on a monthly basis. I know there are people working to solve the problem, so I hope that goes well.