News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Zootopia?

Started by Ashleg, January 05, 2016, 02:33:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeadowR

Quote from: Ashleg on October 13, 2017, 10:30:51 PM
Last night, after I saw the MLP movie, driving home with my mom I commented how I liked that it had a real villain and not somebody like Bellweather.

To prove my point, she went "Who?"

Whereas I had no problem with that reveal, I do think there can be too many 'shocking twist! this person's a baddie' outcomes these days (Disney having done it a few times now). I'm ready for a sort of villain for villain's sake again. ;D Or a Claude Frollo 'believable character with depth yet still clearly a villain' styled one.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Ashleg on October 13, 2017, 10:30:51 PM
Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on October 13, 2017, 04:54:57 PM
*Revive*

Because it's better than MLP!

Who are you and what kind of beating did you order?!

Quote from: KoudoawaiaVortex on October 13, 2017, 07:11:11 PM
I love them both so there. Mael's family was moving the rest of the stuff from the old house here a week ago and I set his sister's boys up with Netflix and Zootopia is what they chose to watch.

Haha.

Zootopia would have been better had it followed a more traditionally "Disney" route, I feel.

Last night, after I saw the MLP movie, driving home with my mom I commented how I liked that it had a real villain and not somebody like Bellweather.

To prove my point, she went "Who?"

I mean come on.

MR.BIG SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE VILLAIN AND HAD A VILLAIN SONG.

Okay I haven't seen Zootopia, but from what I've absorbed about it from this forum and also pop culture, Bellweather as a villain seems perfectly fine and makes a lot of sense? And it ties into the movie's core themes?

I'd be bored if the mob boss turned out to actually be the villain. How much more obvious can you get?

Red herrings and fake-out villains with shadowy figures manipulating everything from behind the scenes have been a staple of fiction since fiction had a name. I do not understand your problem at all. It's definitely not a recent thing. For another animated example, take Hoodwinked, one of the greatest films ever.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Ashleg

I had typed something out, but I don't feel like getting into another argument with you, so I'll just say that my opinion still stands.

And yes, I love Hoodwinked, but Hoodwinked did it right.

Okay.
No argument. Don't have the time nor need for one.