News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by Kitsune, February 10, 2016, 02:33:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Kitsune on November 28, 2016, 02:14:26 AM
...Anyone have any good multiplayer servers they could recommend?

I really like the one I frequent. I really haven't been able to find one like it; it's wonderful. However, people there have been treating me like garbage recently and I just don't feel like I'm having any fun there anymore. And that's why I play, to have fun. I realize it's just a game, but many people take it way too seriously. :-\

What server do you go on? PM me the link.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Kitsune

Done.

On another note, I'm considering starting my own crew/faction/guild on my regular server. I've already tried this before, and it wasn't successful, but I didn't have enough resources or organization,  which I now have. Anyway, I don't know what to name it or what theme it should have. I don't want to lead a pirate crew. Elves and several real life nations are taken. I tried to start a Dragon themed crew in the past, so I don't want to do that again, as I'd rather have a fresh start.

Here's what I'd like:
-A self-sufficient, more reclusive group (until we become stronger)
-A group with political organization of some sort, like a monarchy or republic
-A group that utilizes all forms of Minecraft technologies (minecarts, redstone, etc.), but a futuristic or technologically-themed crew wouldn't fit well on a pirate-aged server.
-A group with a certain level of fantasy would be nice. I could incorporate RP and holidays to boost morale.
-An honorable, respected group
-An original group on the server

So, I guess why I'm posting is to ask if you had any suggestions for a name/theme. Anything helps!

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Kitsune

._.

Well, I guess that's a thought. :P

Izeroth

One idea that comes to mind is a merchant guild. You could establish a self-sufficient base (preferably on an island or similarly isolated location) and conduct trade with other factions from there. The faction would be led by a "viceroy" or similar figure, with a command structure containing everything from soldiers to indentured servants. Since you would be an isolated, non-confrontational group, the chance of conflict with other factions would be minimal. And if your server has a marketplace, you could make dominating that the primary goal of your faction.

LT Sandpaw

Yeah, like a trade federation. Driving politics by staying neutral and controlling the market. It'd be like Switzerland.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Kitsune

That was one of the ideas I have been toying around. Regardless of what my crew may become, I want it to be involved in trade.

It's just that a "Kingdom" seems like a stronger presence (maybe just to those who don't know any better, but still). I wouldn't call myself a kingdom or an empire unless I had the numbers and land.

LT Sandpaw

A Principality perhaps?

Kitsune

Hmm, that could work.

I'm more concerned about a theme though. :P Right now, I'm considering either reviving the Dragon-themed crew or creating my own generic kingdom, unless there's some other theme I haven't thought of.

LT Sandpaw

When you say dragon theme, do you mean our building designs or something else...?

Kitsune

Well, there would be lore and such. "There were dragons long ago and now there are not" or whatever. The bases would all be floating islands, and there would be traditional roles that people could hold that represented ancient dragons. Something like that.

LT Sandpaw

Hmm, an interesting idea, I can't really think of anything better. I mean I could throw some ideas out if you want.

BTW could you PM me the IP?

Kitsune

I'd be open to any ideas!

And most certainly.

Rusvul

Be like Venice! It fits well-ish with the Age of Sail thing, as well as the "not immensely powerful but still influential" thing.

Rosie Willowwater

Quote from: Rusvul on December 01, 2016, 01:30:16 AM
Be like Venice! It fits well-ish with the Age of Sail thing, as well as the "not immensely powerful but still influential" thing.
That sounds interesting Rus!

Hey, would you be willing to PM me the server name?