News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by Kitsune, February 10, 2016, 02:33:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

Hm. So a city on water or filled with canals? That's an interesting thought.

See, I'd really like a theme, but themes can be so limiting. If I didn't have a theme, I could have a majestic floating city as well as a canal city like Venice. You know what.... that sounds like a good idea. :P

I think I'll revive something I started before, known as the Avari - the wild Elves in Tolkien's lore. The name was solely to represent the separation from the Elven Empire after the revolution, it was not a roleplay crew and didn't have a theme as it's main focus was to help players have the safety and freedom to play Minecraft (on that server) as they wished. With a theme, players have to conform to it and creativity is limited, I've found. Also, the thing about cities is also true. While having a vast kingdom of cities of the same theme is impressive (and must have taken a lot of work), it is very limiting as to what you can accomplish. You need all sorts of cities to be successful, like naval bases, mining and gathering cities, residential and governmental cities, and the like.

@Rosie Willowwater: Of course!

Just an FYI for everyone: I'm currently not in my own crew, I'm in a bigger, already established crew working as a redstone engineer, just to keep myself safe for a while. The crew has a lot of allies and keeps people off my back when trying to figure out what I want to do. :P

Oh... And don't expect too much if you get on. I haven't had much of an opportunity to build as I've been keeping my head down from rogues on the server. >.> Doesn't help that a certain dingus painted me as a scumbag just to get their way.

Lady Ashenwyte

How about a group of warriors who fight to preserve knowledge? They have a ton of artefacts and historical texts, and they have an Egyptian theme.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Kitsune

Ah, that would be cool. But Egypt already existed and was put to rest in this server :-\

Lady Ashenwyte

They wouldn't be Egyptian. They'd have the theme, but they'd have magic and other cool stuff.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Kitsune

Hm. It's worth a thought; I'll definitely think about all of my options first.

Here's a potential government setup. It's a rough draft, and it has a few obscure server references because it was posted on the server forum.

Spoiler
The Avarian Kingdom is a crew that was created as a result of the split of the EE, like the Roman Republic and the Ebonheart Empire.

The goal of Avaria is to let people have the freedom and the safety to play [server name] as they wish. The Avari will be free people, so save for the server rules and the few rules that will be in place to help ensure safety, they will be allowed to do as they please.

The Avarian Kingdom will be a constitutional autocracy. There will be one overall leader, but a constitution that the leader and everyone else will abide by. There will be a council of four known as the Elect that will, with the leader, discuss and vote on all decisions. The leader will serve as a leader of the council and will vote on decisions last, breaking any ties. However, decisions regarding the change of the constitution must be accepted by the leader, or they will not be valid. These members of the Elect will be elected into their positions by the votes of the people, and will serve their duty for six months. As of now there is no limit to how many terms the Elect may serve.

The Elect will each have their own respective duties.

The Air Elect will be in charge of foreign relations, the voice of the people, and recording history. When voting on decisions, the Air Elect must take these things into account.

The Earth Elect will be in charge of resources and animals, as well as providing for the Kingdom. When voting on decisions, the Earth Elect must take these things into account.

The Fire Elect will be in charge of defense and security, and will be the leader of the Army. When voting on decisions, the Fire Elect must take these things into account.

The Water Elect will be in charge of trade and exploration, and will be the leader of the Navy. When voting on decisions, the Water Elect must take these things into account.

The First Elect will have to be chosen by me due to the lack of members. Their duty will be to help build the new kingdom, a kingdom who's members will be safe and free. If anyone is interested in joining the Avarian Kingdom as a member or as one of the Elect, or if you would like to pursue an alliance, message me on the forum or in game.
[close]

I like this form of government as it gives power to the voice and wills of the people, but I still have overall control of the crew. Regardless of if it has a theme or not, I'd like a government setup like this.

Hickory

Kingdom implies dominance.

Perhaps a name like Barony, Earldom, etc.

Another idea is to have a (similarly exclusive) group of explorers. You'd be hired to survey new areas for other factions, perhaps eliminate other areas, with a light military based around speed and long distances. Your island could be mysterious, full of hidden structures and blocked against non-members. It'd be a fun faction, albeit with little reward.

Also, I'd like to join when you start one.

EDIT: A little late. :P
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Kitsune

Thanks for the ideas! ^_^

And it's not too late for anything, nothing's set in stone yet. :P

Groddil

@Kitsune:

Can you gimme the server deets? Might be a week or two before I join though, as I might wait until my new PC arrives.

Hickory

Kitsune

Hickory

Joined. Are you active?

Myrel

Are there any tekkit classic servers?
I am become death, Destroyer of Worlds.

Kitsune

Lady Ashenwyte

Myrel

I am become death, Destroyer of Worlds.