News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Redwall Isn't Safe Anymore! (Is Redwall as Safe as they Say it is? Part Two)

Started by Ashleg, February 18, 2016, 09:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

Rusk glanced out of the window. "Hmm? Oh, that's snow. It comes around during winter. Fun to play around in, but dreadfully cold. Sometimes it builds up against the doors and we can't get out until it melts."

He turned his eyes on the ferret. "Huh, I suppose you know nothing about cooking, eh?"
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Ashleg

Rapshade raised an eyebrow.
"So it's dangerous, aye?" He dropped his gaze when Rusk looked at him and made a comment about cooking, drawing the ferret back to his current situation. He pawed at the chain that bound him to the oven and tried to adjust himself to be comfortable, but it didn't seem like it was going to happen.
"No...sir."

--

Duncan spotted Mortembell in the hallway and ran up to her, tilting his head.
"Do ya know where Drubble is? Grant wanted me to see if the drinks were ready...I think."

Hickory

The mouse waved a paw. "Not life-threateningly dangerous. Now, if you can't cook, then I don't know why Mortembell brought you down here."

The Friar called out to the fox in question. "Mortembell! Can you come here for a minute?"

Ashleg

Rapshade looked down and shuffled his paws.
Now Mortembell was probably going to drag him back into that damp cold cellar and chain him up again. He'd be stuck having one-sided "conversations" with Drubble.
He had to think fast.

Groddil

Damien vaulted over a low branch and swung through the trees. He called over his shoulder to Asher.
"Ever been t'Redwall? I lived there 'til me an' One-Ear ran away and founded the Vigil. I bet they're sitting there Feastin' rather than keepin' their guards up."

Mortembell stopped and looked around Duncan.
"Yeah, I'm on my way to find 'im before those Dibbuns drink everythin' in sight."
The vixen's ear was caught by Ruck.
"Yeah, what is it, Friar?"

Hickory

Asher responded to his companion. "Yeah, a long time ago. Different Abbot. Different time. Feastin' is pretty much their profession."

<O>

Rusk pointed to Rapshade. "He knows nothing about cooking. And I can't have him move things around with that lame leg of his. Is there anything else he can help out with? Certainly not in the kitchens."

Groddil

Mortembell grinned cruelly. She unlocked Rapshade's chain from the oven and clipped it to a nearby sink.
"He can wash the dishes!"

Damien halted in the outskirts of the woods. He clung to a branch and peered at the Abbey below.
"Okay, go knock on the gates. I'll see if Charm and Rivertail are here yet."

Hickory

Asher dropped to the ground in a shower of leaves, walking toward the big Abbey gates. Keeps a reverse grip of his dirk, he pounded in the door with the hilt. "Hello? Anybeast hear me?"

Ashleg

Rapshade didn't protest although he was fuming inside.
He glanced at Mortembell, frowning and shooting her something similar to a glare.
"Who knows," he said, trying to keep the venom out of his voice. "Maybe I'm not bad at cooking...?"

--

Grant heard the knocking and raced straight to the gates.
He pressed an ear to the wood and then called out, "Who is it?"

Hickory

LT Sandpaw

"Those creatures that run around with One-ear. Excuses me Abbot." Bracklew had heard the knocking as well and had come across the lawns behind Grant. The hollow-eyed squirrel attempted to lift the bar that held the door shut with one paw. Grunting he almost lost control of the heavy wooden beam.
"On the other paw Father. If you would be so kind as to grab the other end."

~*~*~*~*~

Shaking his head Aver waved a spoon at Rusk's back. "'Ow many times do I 'ave to ask ye to call me Ave. Skipper was me father, aye an' a hundred times better Skip then me." Spooning down a mouthful of the hot soup, and crunching on the shrimp Aver listened to the conversation with interest.

"I'll keep an' eye or two on th' ferret mates. Least I c'n do." He offered as he continued eating his soup.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Ashleg

Grant smirked to himself and grabbed onto the other end of the beam, lifting it with Bracklew's help. "Why're you out here when you should be inside, getting ready for the feast?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at Bracklew. The Abbot had to be honest with himself; he wasn't too happy about the squirrel's new demeanor. It was like he had come back from the battle as somebeast completely different.

He opened the gate and smiled at Asher, dipping his head in greeting.
"It's nice to see you again, Asher. Come on in." He glanced around curiously, shivering as a cold gust of wind burst through the gates, which had been acting as a barrier from the worst of the weather when closed. "Brr! It's mighty cold. Is One-Ear with you?"

--

Rapshade glanced at Aver. He didn't know the otter, at least not directly.
He'd heard his name but had never seen him up close. The ferret narrowed his eyes.

Hickory

Asher's eyes roved over the small squirrel next to the Abbot. He hadn't been here last time. The little whelp looked like a wannabe warrior. Turning his gaze back to the Abbot, he made a quick bow to show his respect. "One-Ear isn't joining us for this meeting, no. Although there should be some other of our number arriving soon..."

LT Sandpaw

OOC: FYI Bracklew never really forgave One-ear after he cut down the mast. His dislike has only grown as the fox continued making a name for himself with the Vigil, and attacking vermin. Its not hate, its just dislike and a little bit of jealously.

BIC:

"You got here just in time to stuff your faces." Bracklew commented tactlessly crossing his arms. "Huh couldn't expect anything else from the Vigil. What's One-ear up to now? Murdering some more creatures that irritate him?" The squirrel warrior's ears flicked back in a sign of boredom.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

Asher scoffed. "Ha, you wish. As a matter of fact, there's some bad news that I've been sent to tell you Abbeybeasts."

Asher was tempted to say it then and now, but decided to wait for Damien.

OOC: Wait, so was Grant Abbot at the same time as the events of Welcome to Redwall?