News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Most memorable book

Started by Cornflower MM, February 21, 2016, 10:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banya

Makes sense to me. You're not alone in that. I've unconsciously divided the universe into four parts in my mind. There are the ancient, pre-Redwall Abbey times, including the events of Lord Brocktree, Martin the Warrior, the middle third of Legend of Luke, and the untold stories of Spearlady Gorse, Ceteruler, and others mentioned in a couple of the Salamandastron-centered stories. The consecutive books in the series are divided into pre-Redwall and post-Redwall, probably because that's where the series began. The fourth part of the timeline are the books following Triss that aren't connected to each other through anything but familiar tribes (like the Guosim) and landmarks (like Redwall and Salamandastron). I too think of events or things that happened as being "after Redwall but before Triss," for example.

alexandre

Quote from: Banya on September 21, 2016, 09:23:50 PM
Makes sense to me. You're not alone in that. I've unconsciously divided the universe into four parts in my mind. There are the ancient, pre-Redwall Abbey times, including the events of Lord Brocktree, Martin the Warrior, the middle third of Legend of Luke, and the untold stories of Spearlady Gorse, Ceteruler, and others mentioned in a couple of the Salamandastron-centered stories. The consecutive books in the series are divided into pre-Redwall and post-Redwall, probably because that's where the series began. The fourth part of the timeline are the books following Triss that aren't connected to each other through anything but familiar tribes (like the Guosim) and landmarks (like Redwall and Salamandastron). I too think of events or things that happened as being "after Redwall but before Triss," for example.

Glad someone gets my thinking :)

Why they try to tear the mountains down to bring in a couple more
More people, more scars upon the land

~ John Denver

And daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenberg County
Down by the Green River where Paradise lay
Well, I'm sorry my son, but you're too late in asking
Mister Peabody's coal train has hauled it away

~ John Prine

Delthion

The most memorable books to me are Rakkety Tam and Mattimeo. ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

alexandre

Quote from: Banya on September 21, 2016, 09:23:50 PM

Banya, why is your font so small? Also, I was thinking of writing a fanfic about an "untold story" Lady Sable Brock perhaps?
Why they try to tear the mountains down to bring in a couple more
More people, more scars upon the land

~ John Denver

And daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenberg County
Down by the Green River where Paradise lay
Well, I'm sorry my son, but you're too late in asking
Mister Peabody's coal train has hauled it away

~ John Prine