News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Video Games

Started by Gonff the Mousethief, February 24, 2016, 04:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonff the Mousethief

I know a few of you here play video games. What is your favorite genre? What are you playing right now?

I myself just beat Shadow of Mordor, and it is either my second or third favorite game behind Ocarina of Time. Right now I am playing Fallout 4, Dark Souls 2, Desiny the Taken King, and Battlefront, along with a few others. And I gotta say, Dark Souls is not for the faint of heart I tell you. I have put a couple hours in and have died at least 100 times.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Groddil

Hmm, 7 days to die, Deus ex Human Revolution, Skyrim, Fallout 3 (don't have 4), and Tomb raider 2013.

Lord Daskar

My favorite types are Strategy Games (I think that's what it's called) like Age of Empires.
Currently I am playing Empire Earth, which is similar to Age of Empires.
When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.

Perifaen

I played a little Skyrim until our X-box stopped working.
"Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile and finds in your presence that life is worth while. So when you are lonely, remember it's true, somebody somewhere is thinking of you :)" I don't know who wrote this but I really like it.

Ashleg

My favorite games lately have been Animal Jam and Feral-Heart. They're both really fun animal roleplay games for the computer.  ;D

Banya

Bioshock: Infinite is my favourite.  Though I prefer watching the games as my brother plays them over playing them myself.  He's a much better gamer, and I like the games with a good story and good visuals; I don't care for the challenge myself.

Groddil

Quote from: Banya on February 25, 2016, 03:08:04 AM
Bioshock: Infinite is my favourite.  Though I prefer watching the games as my brother plays them over playing them myself.  He's a much better gamer, and I like the games with a good story and good visuals; I don't care for the challenge myself.

I haven't played Bioshock: Infinite in a while. I've never actually played 1 or 2. Need to rectify that.

Eulaliaaa!

Halo is definitely one of my favorites. Especially Halo 3. Bunjee really did a good job on those games. Tomb Raider (the newest one) is also a good one, though I haven't finished it. Fallout 4 is fun too, though I've not played much of it.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Groddil

I dug out some old N64 games recently. Awesome.

Feles

Ive played a lot of Dragon Age: Inquisition and Garry's mod recently, though I played 860 hours of skyrim

Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on February 24, 2016, 04:27:21 AM
And I gotta say, Dark Souls is not for the faint of heart I tell you. I have put a couple hours in and have died at least 100 times.
I feel your pain, ive played Bloodborne myself
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Rusvul

I've a friend who got stuck on the first boss in Dark Souls. He loves the game though :P

Rainshadow

Quote from: Inquisitor on March 05, 2016, 02:11:40 AM
Ive played a lot of Dragon Age: Inquisition and Garry's mod recently, though I played 860 hours of skyrim

A member after my own heart.  *Clutches chest*  (DA:I and Skyrim just happen to be two of my favourite games of all time.  ;D)

Who's your Inquisitor?  Who did you romance?  Did you choose the templars or the mages?  Have you played any of the DLCs?  (Sorry, I just don't get to talk to a lot of people who've played a Dragon Age game before.  :P)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Ashleg

Feles

1. I have two main profiles, one is a human that is a cunning politician and tactician and the other is a Elf the just wants the breach out of the sky and those responsible to be caught
2. no romances, yet
3. both, but i chose templars first
4. fraid i havent played any dlcs
also, i just got the game a few weeks ago, dont spoil too much  ;)
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Rainshadow

Quote from: Inquisitor on March 11, 2016, 03:49:57 AM
1. I have two main profiles, one is a human that is a cunning politician and tactician and the other is a Elf the just wants the breach out of the sky and those responsible to be caught

If you ever get an inkling to take screenshots of your characters, please send them my way so that I can fangirl over them and probably doodle them.  ;D  And as this is a video game topic and you have no way to stop me, I shall share about some of my Inquisitors:

Kestrel Lavellan:  My "first" (technically second, but I didn't like my first so I got rid of her) Inquisitor and the only one I've completely beaten the game (and Trespasser DLC) with.  She's a mage who lost her memory when she got the mark and is genuinely very confused with everything going on around her.  She romanced Solas, though.  (My sweet, sweet egg who's actually pretty annoying now that I think about it.)

Kenira Adaar:  A dual-wielding rogue who's actually fairly sweet for being a towering, terrifying person.  She believes the best about everyone and is currently dating Iron Bull.  (I don't like his romance as much as Solas'...)

Anya Lavellan:  One of my other rogues, this time an archer who really, really hates her clan and wants to go see the world, but not in the way the Inquisition has her seeing it.  She just wants to get this whole mess over with so she can go adventuring (and visit every tavern along the way).  She also kinda really likes Blackwall because he's a challenge (and his beard is really cool).

Silas "Si" Lavellan:  My second favourite Inquisitor after Kestrel, Si's a dual-wielding rogue (I really like rogues, okay?) who is just happy to be apart from his clan, who he finds no kinship with as he believes in the Maker and not the elven gods.  (Hence his lack of vallaslin.)  He has a major crush on Josephine.

...I really like making Inquisitors.

2. no romances, yet

;A;  Do you have any idea who you might want to romance?

3. both, but i chose templars first

Mm, yeah, my brother and I played the game at the same time, so we agreed that he'd go with the mages and I'd go with the templars and we'd see who was better.  While I really liked the templar quest (because Cole is amazing), now that I know more of the lore of the franchise, I pretty much go with the mages every time.  :P

4. fraid i havent played any dlcs

Well, if you ever decide you wanna get one, go with Trespasser.  It's the official ending to the game (kinda annoying that they made you pay extra to see the end...), and it's really good.  Make sure you're high level when you do it, though; I was level twenty-something and I still really struggled with it.

also, i just got the game a few weeks ago, dont spoil too much  ;)

Oh, okay, I won't spoil too much.  (Cullen is the real villain, Dorian is secretly plotting to steal your power and use it to rise above the other magisters in Tevinter, and the dragons are actually quite friendly if you feed them elves.)

;D
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!