Logo Contest

Started by James Gryphon, April 01, 2016, 02:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

We've been alluding to this for some time, and now that Season Nameday is well past us, I've decided that now is the time to get it into the open. The forum is in need of a new logo for the header. We feel this will help add to the presentability of the page, and that it also gives y'all a great chance to get further involved in the community.

The logo will replace the "simple machines forums" gif at the top-right of the page. The height should be no greater than that picture, which is 30 pixels high. The width should go no further than the middle of the bar, and should probably not be much longer than the text reading "Loamhedge Abbey Forum". I'd recommend keeping it to 400 pixels or below. The current logo, for reference, is 258 pixels wide.

The picture should be in .gif or .png format. It should look good over the menu bar. Here's a picture that y'all can download:
When you're done with your logo, you can try pasting it onto the red space in this picture to make sure that it looks okay, before sending your work in (send only the logo itself; not the logo on top of the above picture). There is the possibility of a new theme based on the old Redwall page being released sometime in the next few months, so if it isn't too much trouble, I recommend also creating a version of the logo that would look okay overlaid on that green background.

The deadline for submissions is April 15th. I feel this gives y'all a fair amount of time to work on this and get it done. Logos should be PMed to me, not posted on the forum. Once the deadline is passed, I will post a topic displaying the choices and allowing y'all to vote. The poll will conclude at April 23rd, 12:00 AM CST, and the winning logo will take its place at the top of the page as soon as possible.

Finally, it's worth noting that this contest is not a one-and-done deal. We plan to run more like these in the future, to give people a chance to stay involved, and to keep the menu fresh. So, if you don't win this time, don't feel too bad about it; you should get another chance later.

Thanks for being a part of the Loamhedge forum community.
« Subject to editing »

James Gryphon

Before I say anything else, I have to admit I'm disappointed by the lack of participation we've experienced in the contests the forum has run. I don't know whether it's because there's no interest, or because none of you have any confidence in your work, but this is the second time in a row that an entry has won by default due to a lack of opposition.

That said, the credit goes to Soren for putting in the time to make this happen. It's an obvious improvement over the generic logo we've had, and will have a chance to become an iconic (icon-ic? get it?) part of the forum over the next few months.

Depending on how things go, Soren may have the chance to defend his title sometime later this year. We'll see where we are then. In the meantime, congratulations to Soren as the contest winner, and thanks to the community for helping have a forum to make a logo for, even if most of y'all didn't make the picture itself.
« Subject to editing »