News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Do you see yourself as a particular Redwall species? Why?

Started by W0NWILL, April 13, 2016, 03:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W0NWILL

Calling all furries! (Sorry, that joke's a little insensitve)

Up until a little bit ago, I always saw myself as a hare, bravely fighting danger and always loyal and perilous. But then I started thinking. I, as a person, do not closely align with the archetypical hare personality. I am a coward, I am a hypocrite who doesn't hold herself to any form of moral code, and I am a very light and picky eater. The only thing that's really hare-like about myself is my incessant and annoying optimism. Rather, envisioning myself as a hare was a form of wish-fulfillment. I would like nothing more to be that loyal and perilous fighter. But I'm not. I'm okay with that. Hares may be my favorite Redwall species, but I'm not one of them.

So I started thinking about what sort of species I would be. Mostly when Gonff first put up his "forum fanfiction" topic. What would I be? I wanted to say hare at first, have myself portrayed as such, but I didn't really want to lie. So I started thinking about my other favorite species. Shrews stuck out in my head for some reason. There's a lot of different kinds of shrews. They tend to be much more varied in personality than hares, badgers, even most mice. There are evil shrews and good ones, they are very erratic creatures and tend to be unpredictable. So I decided that a shrew fit me far more than a hare. I tend to be a an argumentative jerk, as well as a bit contrary. I've also grown up around water, and, while not being a natural swimmer, I quite like boats. And boats is the most important part of being a shrew.

So yeah. Even though I would honestly prefer being a hare in the Redwall universe, if I'm not lying to myself to fulfill my wishes of being someone I'd like to be, I'm a shrew through and through.

And also, apparently, a really bad poet.

The Skarzs

Quote from: BatLord on April 13, 2016, 03:03:14 AM
Calling all furries!
Ugh.

In regards to the animal I would want to be/aspire to be, it would be a cougar.
But if we're only dealing with animals mentioned in the Redwall series, I haven't really thought about it. I'm analytical up to a point, formally polite but often blunt and willing to offend people since I don't care much. Definitely not a super outgoing person, though I'm far less introverted than many of the people on here. I can take command easily. If it were a fight or flight situation, I would likely fight, after assessing the situation of course. I'm not a small person, but not the largest.
Of all the Redwall animals, I guess I might be a ferret. (This is talking personality and physical traits, not purpose.)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Groddil

Ashleg

I'm either a ferret or a weasel, a vermin definitely.
It'd take some explaining and I don't like talking much about myself, so I'll leave it up to your imaginations.  :P

* Ashleg mysteriously slithers away.

Vagueness.

LT Sandpaw

I wonder if I even have to mention what I'd be? What species is a patriotic and loyal, military minded fighter, known for liking their food, and being overly flowery and extroverted with little regard of political correctness with a take control attitude, a mind for logistics, and are also fluent in a thick accent? (Granted mine is southern)

Preferably animal wise, I'd be a rat, but understandably my personality fits rather well as a different species, and I'm okay with that.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Feles

I can't narrow it down to any one species, but a vermin species certainly
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Cornflower MM

@LT Sandpaw: Southern? *Sidles over* We must talk. The only person in my state that I know of and like has deserted me. (Drat you Conny.)

Hmmm. I've taken a quiz several times, and I came out as an otter and mole once, and a mouse the rest of the time. While I'd love to be a squirrel. . . . More than likely mouse. Sadly. Nothing against mice, but squirrels are the best.

Eulaliaaa!

I would probably be a bird of some kind. I've taken several tests and usually come out as an otter or wild cat, but birds have so many different personalities in the Redwall series (Pandion, Brantalis, Sircolo, Skarlath, Rocangus, Warbeak, Sir Harry the Muse, Captain Snow, etc.) that I could be one... And they have wings.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Faiyloe

I want to be a squirrel and I have wrestled with the idea for a long time, personality wise I think it fits but am no where near as athletically fit as a squirrel. Though I do prefer fight over flight when I think I have a chance of winning. 
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Dannflower Reguba

I can happily say that what I would be mirrors what I would want to be, and that's a squirrel (because obviously no one knew that already  ::)). I tend to be goofy before anything else (for better or worse), and when night time hits,I turn into one of the single most hyper people on the planet (seriously, you should see what happens when the older members of our family are gathered in the kitchen after 11 o'clock at night -_-). On the other hand, when someone can actually calm me down for a more meaningful conversation, I can be as serious as need be. I'm more than willing to talk to my friends about quite literally anything, and seeing them go brings a misery that goes deeper than anything the physical world could do. But my sarcastic exterior can make me rather difficult to deal with... So yeah, I A SQUIDDEL!  ;D

@Faiyloe: Not all squirrels were master athletes (Broggle for instance, and most of the other Friars I believe).
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Faiyloe

I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Dotti Dillworthy

I would probably be a hare (even though I secretly would want to be a stoat or a wildcat for some reason) for my humorous and comical approach at things, my voracious appetite for not just food, but everything else in general, and what else...? *giggles*
I tend to giggle and snicker much when it comes to talking about myself, so...

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Badgersword1

Well I believe that I would be a badger, because I spend a lot of time on more combat originated things

Rosie Willowwater

I have had other people see me as a Hedgehog, but if I could choose, I would be a squirrel