News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Colloborative Writing! (Planning and Signup)

Started by Blaggut, April 30, 2016, 05:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaggut

~Just a soft space boi~

Eulaliaaa!

Good idea, I like it. Maybe the badger could be the one to step up and lead the woodlanders into battle.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

The Skarzs

Cool.

Shall we create characters for the story, or will Bonaparte be taking care of that entirely? I feel that every writer should at least make some character, no matter if they don't do anything with them.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Blaggut

Anyone can present a character, but we need to agree on the character that is presented.
~Just a soft space boi~

Hickory

Since this is more than an RP, I feel that we should write a short excerpt using the character that we submitted, to see them in action and if they would fit in with the story.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Eulaliaaa!

That would be a good idea.

And, if no one else wants to claim him/her, I would love to be responsible for the coyote and his/her backstory.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

The Skarzs

Quote from: Sagetip on May 27, 2016, 07:19:40 PM
Since this is more than an RP, I feel that we should write a short excerpt using the character that we submitted, to see them in action and if they would fit in with the story.
Perhaps that can be the way we can also familiarize ourselves with each others' writing.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Bonaparte on May 26, 2016, 07:48:08 AM
Does anyone wanna co-host this with me?

I can step up and help out a bit more if you'd like. I love doing these sorts of things! You just have to keep the ball rolling and not let things lose steam.

Quote from: Skarzs on May 26, 2016, 05:01:05 PM
Perhaps the coyote murdered the badger lord, which is why the Long Patrol is so bent upon chasing him? That would add another end to the story, the finding of another badger.

I'm not as big of a fan of killing off a badger lord, but maybe the badger lord is getting old and a successor is expected to pop up sometime soon? I dunno, I usually prefer to stay away from having too many badger-slayers and such. I feel like it sets the scene for some sue-like villains (if that makes sense)
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

The Skarzs

True, that, but a coyote is bigger than a badger, so it's not completely inconceivable.

In the books, I can only recall one badger who was killed in beast-on-beast combat, and that was in The Bellmaker. Other deaths were due to inability to defend themselves, like stories of old badgers being killed, or a badger leaping off the side of Salamandastron to kill his nemesis, one dying peacefully, another jumping in water of his own will and drowning, and at least one died from the onslaught of masses and masses of vermin.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

James Gryphon

Quote from: Skarzs on May 28, 2016, 09:21:12 PM
True, that, but a coyote is bigger than a badger, so it's not completely inconceivable.
Well, it depends on the coyote and the badger. As far as length (potential height) goes, the coyote is usually longer, but European badgers aren't so far off from the midpoint of the coyote's weight range. Pound for pound, badgers are more durable and probably more muscular, although I guess the coyote probably has a reach advantage.

Quote from: Skarzs on May 28, 2016, 09:21:12 PMIn the books, I can only recall one badger who was killed in beast-on-beast combat, and that was in The Bellmaker.
It's worth noting that was pretty much a freak accident, caused by her actually running into his blade. I think even Slipp was surprised that he was able to come out ahead on that:
QuoteThe searat Captain stood trembling.
« Subject to editing »

The Skarzs

The point was that it was still a one-on-one, and that's the only account that the opponent got away relatively unscathed. :P

I suppose badgers would be pretty close by weight.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

LT Sandpaw

I don't know about that. Suppose that this coyote was part of a larger horde which separated during an attack on the mountain fortress, one half unwilling to tackle Salamandastron's army while the other half went ahead with the attack. During the battle say the other half deserted under the coyote's trusted right-paw beast, running south. Because of this the coyote's army was defeated and he/she was forced to flee with his/her tiny broken half of the army, but he/she is bent on vengeance against his deputy turned traitor.

Meanwhile a Patrol headed by a Captain/Major marches out in pursuit hoping to finish the coyote off, plus to find a new badger lord as some prophecy/riddle told them that one such creature would lead them to the future lord of Salamandastron.

In some side conflict the patrol's Officer corps get killed in a freak accident leaving a young officer/NCO to take command and finish the mission. Ect. Ect. Ect.

What do ya'll think?

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Eulaliaaa!

I like it. Maybe we could open the story with  then end of the battle and the Long Patrol's reaction to their badger being killed and how they end up hunting down the vermin. Then in the second chapter cut to the coyote trying to pull themselves together to escape from the Long Patrol, going in the same direction as the one he/she trusted most.

Hickory

Made up a character sheet for anyone interesting in submitting.

Name:
Affiliation (Long Patrol, Redwaller, horde member):
Weapon (if applicable):
Clothes (keep it general - a uniform for LP members, habits for redwallers, tattered rags for horde members):
Likes (name four main things):
Dislikes (name four main things):
History:
Short story (should show the character in action, interactions with other characters... Just write as you would normally. This short story should show you in action as well.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.