San Diego Padres
0 (0%)
San Francisco Giants
0 (0%)
Washington Nationals
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Wylder Treejumper

Come one, come all fans of the Great American Pastime! It's baseball season, so turn on your radio or TV and root for your team! If y'all are not lame, we'll have a good discussion about it here.

I have an AL team and an NL team: the Seattle Mariners and the St. Louis Cardinals, respectively. The Cards are doing decent but, incredibly, the Mariners are doing well this season. Who woulda guessed?
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Jetthebinturong

MLB?

I can work this out.

Sports, American pastime.

Major League Baseball?
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Wylder Treejumper

Bingo! You are the lucky winner, my friend. Here, take this Felix Hernandez (The King) bobble-head as your prize. If you prefer, you could also have this promotional St. Louis Cardinals logo for your signature:
Spoiler
[close]
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Søren

My mom is a Rangers fan, I was born there, so let's go with that.

I'm retired from the forum

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Jet the binturong on May 22, 2016, 12:34:55 AM
MLB?

I can work this out.

Major League Baseball?

I am ashamed. A Brit was able to work that out before I did. :P

A sense of obligation leads me to say: Go Braves. Other than knowing what the various sports teams are called in my county/nearby, and of course the Atlanta stuff, I have no clue what people are talking about with sports. So I bid ye good day. :P

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on May 22, 2016, 12:26:55 AM
If y'all are not lame, we'll have a good discussion about it here.

Hey! Dude. Tone the baseball pride down a little will ya? Stupid OR lame I can handle, but not both.

Hickory

"You don't know what a Swatter is? Now, baseball is a Diamond City tradition. See, way back before the bombs fell, there would be two teams, all with baseball bats. And, and, the team wih the biggest bats would beat th other team to death with them! And the biggest bats were called Swatters."

On a different note, I thought Wylder was a My Little Brony for a second there.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Banya

The Tigers are my team!

Wylder Treejumper

Quote from: Cornflower MM on May 22, 2016, 03:29:34 PM
Quote from: Jet the binturong on May 22, 2016, 12:34:55 AM
MLB?

I can work this out.

Major League Baseball?

I am ashamed. A Brit was able to work that out before I did. :P

A sense of obligation leads me to say: Go Braves. Other than knowing what the various sports teams are called in my county/nearby, and of course the Atlanta stuff, I have no clue what people are talking about with sports. So I bid ye good day. :P

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on May 22, 2016, 12:26:55 AM
If y'all are not lame, we'll have a good discussion about it here.

Hey! Dude. Tone the baseball pride down a little will ya? Stupid OR lame I can handle, but not both.
Sorry... it's just I don't live in the Midwest anymore, so nobody else is obsessed with baseball in a 100-mile radius. This makes me feel insecure, so I take it out by establishing my superiority through insults and an inflated ego, OK?

;D

Just kidding! I really don't care if you like baseball or not (although I think you should because its awesome)- but I do like ragging people. Don't take it too seriously, because I'm not a serious person. If it makes you feel any better, the more I insult you the better friend I consider you. So, I'm saying I feel comfortable with y'all.

BTW: I feel sorry for whoever voted for Cincinnati. The Reds just got SWEPT by the Mariners. They really need to get a new bullpen.
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Lord Daskar

Since I know next to nothing about Baseball I'll vote for the Rangers and the Astros.
When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.

Unimaginative

Yeah... Rockies... Whoot...

I've never really gotten into Baseball, but I've started watching it lately. Trevor Story got me interested, and I know watch 5 sports; Baseball, NASCAR, American Football, Soccer, and Rugby.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Luftwaffles

Why's this topic so abandoned? I thought Baseball was far more popular up there, guys.

I personally can't wait for the next game of the Toronto Blue Jays (which, according to Google, is still ages away. GRRRRR).

Enjoy in the meantime: Winning the World Series because of a bunt? Why of course, those are the BJs for you!

And: Who can forget about Carter's Walk-Off Home Run in 1993.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Grond

Quote from: Sierra on February 19, 2017, 02:45:31 PM
Why's this topic so abandoned? I thought Baseball was far more popular up there, guys.

I personally can't wait for the next game of the Toronto Blue Jays (which, according to Google, is still ages away. GRRRRR).

Enjoy in the meantime: Winning the World Series because of a bunt? Why of course, those are the BJs for you!

Oh wow, you're from Argentina and you're a Jays fan? Why are they your favorite team ?

Yeah there was a big hype when they won the world series in '92 and again in '93. Came pretty close last year too...

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Grond on February 24, 2017, 04:58:08 AM
Quote from: Sierra on February 19, 2017, 02:45:31 PM

Oh wow, you're from Argentina and you're a Jays fan? Why are they your favorite team ?

Yeah there was a big hype when they won the world series in '92 and again in '93. Came pretty close last year too...

I think I started following them because they were the only non-American MLB team (bring back the Expos, please). But mainly, I fell in love with them because of their eternal "underdog" status... nobody expected much from the Jays when they started, and it was extremely shocking to see them stand tall as repeated World Series champions.

I have been following every campaign since before the turn of the century, but right now they are almost impossible to see without them making the post-season, due to both Fox and ESPN not wanting to broadcast the regular season around here (not a fan of that).

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Luftwaffles

MatthiasMan

I know absolutely nothing about baseball or the professional league.  Every once in a while, my dad and I get tickets to a Nationals game at Nats Stadium. I only played T-ball in kindergarten. 

In fact, I wish I could still play.  When playing pass with my brothers and sisters, I use to have a dead-on accurate pitch.  My mother always believed I was supposed to be a professional pitcher when I grew up, especially since I'm left handed.  However, I never nurtured my natural talent for it. 

But I'm only a junior in highschool.  Maybe I should try out next year.