What's Happening?

Started by Skyblade, June 05, 2016, 06:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groddil

"Huh? Wha-? WHERE DID YOU COME FROM? I don't have enough fish for three! We'll need to catch more now! You two sort it out, I'm getting hungry, and I makin' a shelter is the most important thing right now."
The fox grapped his knife, tore the arrow from the weasel's footpaw, and dashed back into the bushes.

Thomas Barkshield

"Well if food's a concern then I invite you to eat some of the stew at my camp. It's strange, I guess I had forgotten I had even made it. You see, I woke up.and suddenly I felt very strange. Well, that's probably no concern of yours. Follow me! "

Lady Ashenwyte

Near Redwall

Ashenwyte awoke in a clearing, sun shining harshly in his eyes. "Sun's harsh today. These robes and my fur don't help, either." He thought "Wait, what? Robes and fur? This isn't normal. This is definitely not normal." Faint memories came back, incoherent and unhelpful. With a sign, he stood, to find two massive gauntlets of steel before him.

They were ornate, and very well crafted. He read the text on one of them. "Ashenwyte." He read aloud. For a strange reason, he felt that was his name. He gingerly put them on, and to his surprise, they fit. With a loud roar, he set off into a random direction, feeling that that direction was the way to go.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Kitsune

Kitsune narrowed his eyes at the mention of the bow. He wondered if the other fox had seen him, but it seemed that he had not.

Should I offer to help them hunt?

The other creatures seemed about as disoriented as he was. However, the other fox looked rather violent. Kitsune decided to wait it out a little longer.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Sorry Tom, I thought you'd approached Sky and Aim. :P

IC:

The rodent flinched in concern as a sword wielding mouse barged onto his once peaceful plot of land. Sandpaw was beginning to wonder if he was the receiver on some cruel joke. Cautiously keeping an eye on Groddil and the mouse he knelt beside the fallen weasels whispering to them angrily.

"Look you two, I don't wanna hurt yall, but I'm think these others are crazy, so get out of here while you still can." The two needed no second bidding and they fled; splashing across the shallow water still holding their bleeding noses. Sandpaw and the mouse, who had entitled himself as Thomas, were the only ones left standing by the creek. Kneeling down Sandpaw took on a very non-threatening pose while trying to stay ready should this new arrival be aggressive as well. So far the creatures Sandpaw had met didn't have a great record of non-violence.

"Look mouse, Tom, if that's your name, I have plenty of food here, and water too. Feel free to use it if you wanna." He gestured at the water and berries. "Do what you want, leave me alone and we'll be cool. Just know this is my patch of forest now, and I ain't leaving it, and I don't want to have to hurt no one, but I'll fight if I gotta." To reiterate his point Sandpaw stamped his hind paw and clicked his large front teeth, he was quite sure they could deliver a painful bite, and stained with blackberry juice as they were the incisors had taken on a venomous blue coloring. Still the mouse had a sword, and now the fox had a club, if he wanted to survive should they turn violent on him, he'd need a good weapon soon. River pebbles might not make the cut.

OOC:

Hey Kit do you want Groddil or me to notice you? Or are you going to come out on your own?

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Skyblade

Quote from: Aimless Gallivanter on June 08, 2016, 02:30:52 AM
"Thank you." She grinned and fell in step with Skyblade.

"Galli is perfect. And can I call you... Sky?" Galli felt better being Galli. It certainly felt more comfortable than Aimless Gallivanter.

"Yes, I like that," replied Skyblade. Feeling the wind ruffle her fur, the badger stared into the distance as they walked.

Before long, they came to a set of large, red walls that formed a square around the building Skyblade had seen from the tree. It was a large structure, with a tall, looming tower that reached to the sky.

Feeling her rapier, Skyblade crept cautiously to what appeared to be a set of doors. "Think I should knock? Hopefully the fellows here are nice. I guess we won't know until we try."

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Kitsune

OOC: I'll make my move.

IC: The fox watched the strange happenings below where he was. It seemed as if the rat had claimed the land as his own and that others had come along and were bothering him. It certainly seemed like a tense situation.

Maybe I should just leave while I can. I don't want to get into a fight. Then again... a few pieces of bread will only keep me alive for a short time. Being on friendly terms with others would probably help.

Kitsune wrestled with his feelings for a bit. His instinct told him that this situation could turn bad quickly, but his logical side liked the idea of strength in numbers. He made up his mind, stood up, and jumped lightly down to the clearing below. He took an arrow out of its sheath, spun it and nocked it on his bow, then drew it back and fired it at the fish cooking over the fire. It hit and sent the fish flying back, pinning it to a tree. Kitsune lowered his bow.

"I heard you needed a bow."

Aimless Gallivanter

Galli started up at the walls. They were solid looking and impressive. She shrugged, "Go for it. If they are mean, um..." She noticed the badger's hand on her rapier, and checked her own belt for weapons. Sadly, there were none.  She picked up a stick. "...I'll whack em with this stick, and you can make a run for it." She smirked.
im gay!!!!!!

The Skarzs

Skarzs was busy trying to ignore the sun and staying the right distance from Faiyloe, when she asked him a question. He raised his eyebrows in surprise, then furrowed them in thought. "Well. . . no, actually. Everything's pretty hazy before I woke up on a dune. I know my name, and I have some knowledge about. . . various things, but nothing is real memory, shall we say."
  She must have had something similar happen to her, he thought. "What about you? Think it's amnesia?" The cougar grunted in displeasure after he said that. "Bah, that can't be right. If the same thing's happened to you, it's gotta be some huge coincidence or the same reason."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Groddil

"Huh? What? A bow...Who're you? An' why did ya ruin me fish?"
Groddil notched an arrow to his own bow, pointing it at the other archer.
"You got a lot a nerve bargin' inta me camp like that. I've already had to put up with territorial weasels and thankless rats, so whada you want?"

Faiyloe

Faiy mulled over this new piece of information for a moment in silence as she tried to see how it fit into the puzzle.

"...Well, I know this sounds odd, but when I first saw you I felt like I knew you from somewhere, but couldn't place it. If we did used to know each other that might explain a few things. Perhaps we both survived some sort of devastating trauma, something so horrible that we had to forget it... If that is the case there is the possibility that our memories will come back to us over time. But you are right, retrograde amnesia is very rare..." Faiy then trailed off not entirely sure what all that nonsense she had spouted meant, just a second ago it had made perfect sense, but now it was like trying to remember a dream. "Sorry,"
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

The Skarzs

Skarzs dismissed the apology with a wave of his paw. "No need to apologize. We're both rather confused, I imagine." He managed a crooked smile. "Hey, if we did know each other before we forgot everything, at least we met now."

OOC: Did you want to wait for the other Salamandastron players to catch up to the point we're at? :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Confrontation is good.

IC:

Sandpaw nearly jumped out of his fur as an arrow whizzed past spearing the fish cooking in the fire pit that Groddil had just set up. The rat's ears pressed against his skull and he leapt across the creek, splashing his bare paws in the water. Confused and angry Sandpaw glared in turn at the two vulpines trying to decide which one most warranted his concern.

"Why'd you do that?" He snapped at last towards the brown furred fox glancing from him to the feathered shaft that stuck up like a mast from Groddil's fish. "You know I've had just about enough of this, how many more of you are hiding in the trees? What's going on here, I swear if this is some kind of prank... Do you guys want me to leave or something?" Hearing Groddil the rodent's hackles rose and he balled his paws into fists angrily.
"Thankless rat? Your camp! Now hang on just a minute who are ya calling thankless rat?" Sandpaw snarled, "And why are you talking funny?"

OOC:

Kit, I love the entrance. How else to enter a conversation then shooting a random fish and saying, "I heard you needed a bow."  ;D

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Faiyloe

OOC: Sure, perhaps we can meet up with them soon. Oh and I liked Kit's entrance too.  ;D
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Groddil

Groddil was really getting annoyed. Thugs, food ruiners, and ungrateful rats. He kept the bow trained on Kitsune with one paw while he menacingly shook his knife towards Sandpaw.
"You're a rat aren't ya? And as fer thankless, I helped ya with those weasels, and what do I get? Ya threaten ta hurt me, just like everyone else! This is my camp, 'cause I made a fire an' I was here first! Find your own food, an' make your own fire!"