News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Cartoons!

Started by Ashleg, June 15, 2016, 05:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Ah, okay.
I've never actually seen any of the Pink Panther cartoons, though I know exactly what he looks like. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

So. I just saw Finding Dory.  ;D  :'(

The Skarzs

I just had an epiphany.

You know in the cartoons how the narrator sometimes talks to the characters, giving them ideas to try to "help" them? Or how he literally narrates what is going on?
And how every time something kills the characters, they somehow are able to survive?
It's because of the Narrator.
He is the God of Chaos.
He forces them to do all these pointless things without end, never letting them end their suffering with death. He always brings them back. He always has more need for entertainment.

He is the ultimate antagonist.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Wylder Treejumper

"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

TheRedSnifit

Did anybody else watch the 2004 The Batman show when they were younger? I feel it gets an unfair rap.

321tumbler

I believe I have. I used to watch some Batman cartoon with my brother on Saturday mornings and it would have been around that time. I thought it was good, but it's been years. I thought everything was good.

The Skarzs

I did a little. I rewatched it recently. It's a bit childish and cheesy, but nothing too bad.
It was not a very good age for cartoons.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

TheRedSnifit

I think the cheesiness was part of the fun. Sometimes it went overboard (like that atrocious Cluemaster episode), but what all gears were spinning the combination of cool action and silver-age goofiness (while still maintaining an air of seriousness instead of going full goofball like Brave and the Bold) lead to some stellar episodes like The Laughing Bat or Strange New World.

If nothing else, it has the best version of Penguin.

Jetthebinturong

The Batman? With anime-hair Joker? Man that show was my childhood. It was basically my first introduction to Batman, and it was awesome. The version of Firefly from The Batman was one of my favourite DC characters. He was just so cool.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Krantor the Brutal

I have the Super Friends and the Harlem Globetrotters by Hanna Barbera.
"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

DelenatheWanderer

I'e been thrust into the 90's cartoons black hole.
I watched the first seven episodes of Biker Mice From Mars and...
It's weird.
But really cool
Really cool.
Disney. Brian Jacques. J.R.R. Tolkien. C.S. Lewis. Toby Fox. A.A.Milne. And more...

Ashleg

Quote from: Ashleg on June 22, 2016, 04:04:55 AM
So. I just saw Finding Dory.  ;D  :'(

Haaaaa!

In hindsight, that movie was a sleeper.

Angelbunny

Angel: [coughs loudly]
    Fluttershy: [gasp] Because of that giant cloud of scary black smoke? I'll take that as a... yes.

The Grey Coincidence

Me too! Not as much as Kung Fu Panda but still.
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!