News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Random Questionnaires!

Started by Amarith Waterspring, June 21, 2016, 09:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which do you like best?

Lord of the Rings
10 (43.5%)
Harry Potter
6 (26.1%)
Narnia
2 (8.7%)
Other
5 (21.7%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Eulaliaaa!

I agree with the majority here. Books are better than the movies that are based off of them. Movies made to be their own story without depending on a book are good, and most of the time I would prefer to watch a movie, but when I find a good book, I'd rather read that. Books give you more freedom and ability to imagine something on your own, while a movie can't really do that.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Rosie Willowwater

Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on June 30, 2016, 04:32:11 PM
I agree with the majority here. Books are better than the movies that are based off of them. Movies made to be their own story without depending on a book are good, and most of the time I would prefer to watch a movie, but when I find a good book, I'd rather read that. Books give you more freedom and ability to imagine something on your own, while a movie can't really do that.
I agree with you completely  Eul :)

Gonff the Mousethief

Books. Because you can pause and stop when something tragic happens, or when you giggle with excitement. The book has details which immerse you in the world, and let you see it the way you want to. Plus, books give you a much longer experience that usually lasts more than 2-3 hours. To top it all off, books smell much better than movies.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Hickory

Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on July 05, 2016, 05:27:40 AM
Books. Because you can pause and stop when something tragic happens, or when you giggle with excitement. The book has details which immerse you in the world, and let you see it the way you want to. Plus, books give you a much longer experience that usually lasts more than 2-3 hours. To top it all off, books smell much better than movies.
^I second that last thought.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Amarith Waterspring

New Poll! This time it's spring vs. winter.
Rosie is weird,
Violets are weirder,
I can't rhyme,
Potato.

Rosie Willowwater

Winter! Only because of spring allergies.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Eulaliaaa!

I hate being cold. My vote goes for Spring.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Lord Daskar

Winter. I don't like spring, the grass grows and it gets hot and wet at the same time.
When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.

James Gryphon

The best thing about winter are the holidays. After those are gone and the reality sinks in that you still have two more months of this to go...

I don't mind winter, for December. After that I'm done and ready for things to be back to normal. Unfortunately, the seasons don't work that way. ;)
« Subject to editing »

Rusvul

I like winter. It's hellishly hot the rest of the year where I am.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Rusvul on July 08, 2016, 04:57:25 PM
I like winter. It's hellishly hot the rest of the year where I am.

That's true, but I chose spring 'cause I can't stand being cold.

Amarith Waterspring

New poll! Which will it be; White or Black?
Rosie is weird,
Violets are weirder,
I can't rhyme,
Potato.

Wylder Treejumper

*LEGO Batman voice* I only work in black- and, sometimes, very, very dark grey.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.