POLL: Where you would like to live in the Redwall world.

Started by alexandre, August 05, 2016, 03:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which place would you most like to live in in the redwall world

Redwall Abbey
2 (10%)
Salamandastron
2 (10%)
Castle Floret
3 (15%)
Brockhall
1 (5%)
Noonvale
2 (10%)
Sampetra
1 (5%)
Terramort
0 (0%)
castle marl
0 (0%)
With the Gousim wherever they may be
2 (10%)
Riftguard
0 (0%)
Peace Island (Hedgehog island from triss)
1 (5%)
Marshank
0 (0%)
Loamhedge (Original above Ground)
0 (0%)
Loamhedge (Evil Below Ground)
0 (0%)
St. Ninians Churcj
0 (0%)
Green Isle (from High Rhulian)
2 (10%)
Irgash (evil Island from the Rouge crew)
0 (0%)
Other (requires comment)
4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Voting closed: August 12, 2016, 03:51:03 AM

alexandre

Why they try to tear the mountains down to bring in a couple more
More people, more scars upon the land

~ John Denver

And daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenberg County
Down by the Green River where Paradise lay
Well, I'm sorry my son, but you're too late in asking
Mister Peabody's coal train has hauled it away

~ John Prine

Gonff the Mousethief

You know, as much as I love all the options, I could not pass up an opportunity to live in Redwall. Best food, close family of creatures, a whole history behind it, I would pass out if I could even get a sliver of it.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Eulaliaaa!

Redwall is a very close second. But at Salamandastron I'd be able to train with the best, learning how to fight like a Long Patrol hare and being able to go out on patrols, seeking out danger and becoming a seasoned warrior. Also, Redwall seems to be always under attack, so I'd probably be at Redwall Abbey a lot ;D
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Lord Daskar

When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.

The Skarzs

I can't really decide. As cool as Salamandastron and Redwall would be, neither are communities I would want to stay in, from the descriptions Brian gave on both.

In Redwall, there mostly seems to be agriculture/food-related and healing, and that's pretty much it. I'm a craftsman, and I would want to be somewhere where my skills would be useful. There is not much mention of craft of any kind, like cloth-making, rope-making, woodworking, blacksmithing, or most other necessary skills needed for a culture to thrive.
In Salamandastron, there is one craft that is named, and that is blacksmithing, but it appears it is mostly done by the badger lord, who makes pretty much only weapons. It's a military place as well, and that doesn't make for a good home if you're not actively in it yourself.

Of course, just because they weren't described doesn't mean they weren't there. Because the crafts are necessary, obviously they would have their places in the communities. So, provided that these jobs are of some prevalence, I would like to live outside Redwall, somewhere in the forest, where I would be in close proximity to it, but not live there.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Leatho Shellhound

For me it would be Castle Floret, it's the most medieval and has, for me, the best location. It's down south near the ocean so I can visit Green Isle. I can take the road up the Redwall abbey and still enjoy the freedom of the woods and rivers.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Fatch of Southsward

I cast my vote for Noonvale. Rose and Grumm (That was the mole's name right?) both came from there, and they were some of the most delightful characters Jacques ever came up with. (I know for a fact the death of Rose was the most impactful of any of the deaths in all of the series for many people.)

It's just kind of a special place in the books, and not much is revealed about Noonvale. This leaves a lot to learn about it, and makes it the most intriguing location, at least for me.
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

alexandre

Quote from: Fatch of Southsward on August 06, 2016, 01:55:50 AM
I cast my vote for Noonvale. Rose and Grumm (That was the mole's name right?) both came from there, and they were some of the most delightful characters Jacques ever came up with. (I know for a fact the death of Rose was the most impactful of any of the deaths in all of the series for many people.)

It's just kind of a special place in the books, and not much is revealed about Noonvale. This leaves a lot to learn about it, and makes it the most intriguing location, at least for me.

Agreed!

~ John Denver

~ John Prine

Kitsune

I chose Castle Floret. It's the best looking by far, and not too far from Redwall Abbey. Also, the way that Southsward is written in the book suggests that it always has nice weather.

Aimless Gallivanter

im still the only Brockhall vote. I dont remember a whole lot about the most of these places, Brockhall included, but I feel like when I read about Brockhall I thought "boy howdy thatd be a cool place to live"
im gay!!!!!!

alexandre

Quote from: Aimless Gallivanter on August 07, 2016, 04:05:54 PM
im still the only Brockhall vote. I dont remember a whole lot about the most of these places, Brockhall included, but I feel like when I read about Brockhall I thought "boy howdy thatd be a cool place to live"

Brockhall was cool, but I liked Noonvale more because it is more of a mystery.

~ John Denver

~ John Prine

Fatch of Southsward

Brockhall was the center of the rebellion right? If memory serves me right it was under a tree?
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Hickory

Quote from: Fatch of Southsward on August 08, 2016, 01:56:03 PM

Brockhall was the center of the rebellion right? If memory serves me right it was under a tree?
That was one of the entrances. The Corim used it as a headquarters quite early on, and for most of the book it was also a refugee camp.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

alexandre

~ John Denver

~ John Prine