News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Overlord's Orders Special Round II

Started by James Gryphon, September 07, 2016, 06:15:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

QuoteThe Rules
We will have an overlord (or overlady), who will be all powerful and control the game.
Everyone else will be a servant of theirs to do his or her bidding, which will be a new assignment at the beginning of each round.
The game begins by the Overlord issuing a task, sending out their servants, and then summoning everyone before them and questioning them about whether they got the thing they wanted.
Any given round may have anywhere from a developing storyline and plot to pure and simple tasking. At times, the gamemaster (Overlord) may deviate from the general pattern and do something different at the end than just another task.

Example Round:
Let's say the Overlord might have wanted a jeep to use.
Stage 1: Introduction
The Overlord sends out their servants on a task and they return, and the Overlord will question their servants and ask them why they failed to bring them the thing they wanted (which will invariable happen, no one ever succeeds).
Stage 2: Defenses
Players can then blame their failure on some random thing (like maybe an elephant destroying the jeep) or someone else in the game; anything to shrug themselves off from fault.
Everyone can then blame someone, themselves, keep silent, or introduce some sort of new feature that happened while acquiring the item (in this case, a jeep). Eventually, the Overlord will process the information and decide who failed.
Stage 3: Punishment
The person chosen to have failed by the Overlord is then thrown out, vaporized, or something creative, by the Overlord's orders. The idea is to not be this person, and to survive as long as possible.

Don't overflow the round. Player defenses will be judged on quality, not length or frequency.

Inter-game rules: The winner of any round is given host-ship of the next game. This can tie in with them going from servant to overlord, or it can be original.

General Guidelines:
Free roleplaying, or game spam, is fine. This means having yourself eat a banana, talk about the weather or river dance.

Whenever someone says something about an event, it becomes fact. It is what happened. If someone says an elephant destroyed a jeep, then anyone calling that person a liar is for certain lying; the jeep was destroyed by an elephant. What's up for telling by someone else is, for example, who set the elephant on the jeep. Also, a character doesn't know what someone else's motives were in doing or saying something -- they can speculate on those motives, but saying about someone, for instance, that "they meant to kill the Overlord" is not automatically factual.

Godmoding pertaining to persons should be restricted to some extent, just try to keep things with at least a hand in plausibility. Powerplaying is allowed. However, it cannot affect players between tasks. For instance, you cannot have a servants contract a disease and be unable to speak, or even die. You can have them be sick during the task, but you cannot impede them during the Sessions before the Overlord.
Normally, the Gamemaster will have technology restricting servants to a base during the game to prevent physically roleplaying and keep the game focused on its purpose. Overlords can power play.
Also, you cannot use an excuse like being brainwashed or cloned during the task. You are you - and you are responsible for what you did wrong.
All posts after the game begins should contain IC text; there should be no posts that are only OOC chatter.

No "backseat moderating". You may ask the Overlord whether someone else's post violates the rules, but do not tell that person, whether by making an OOC comment or PMing them, that they are in the wrong. The Overlord is responsible for managing the game.
Remember to keep things civil, stay inside the board rules, keep all hands and legs inside the game until it comes to a complete stop.

Past Overlords:
Overlord's Orders I - Taggerung_of_Redwall
Overlord's Orders II - James Gryphon
Overlord's Orders III - DanielofRedwall
Overlord's Orders IV - Matthias720
Overlord's Orders V - Redwall Musician
Overlord's Orders VI - Tiria Wildlough
Special Holiday Round 2012 - Taggerung_of_Redwall
Overlord's Orders VII - Matthias720
Overlord's Orders VIII - Romsca
Overlord's Orders IX - rusvulthesaber, James Gryphon/Tiria Wildlough
Overlord's Orders X - Taggerung_of_Redwall
Overlord's Orders XI - James Gryphon
Overlord's Orders XII - Jasper
Overlord's Orders XIII - LT Sandpaw
Overlord's Orders XIV -  Delthion
Overlord's Orders XV - Soren the Warrior
Overlord's Orders XVI - Mhera, James Gryphon
Overlord's Orders Special Round II - James Gryphon

Sign-ups:
1: LT. Sandpaw
2: Groddil
3: Sagetip Californianated
4: Skyblade, Søren
5: Fatch of Southsward
6: Lord Daskar
7: Rosie Willowwater, Voided
8: Delthion, Burned

The discussion thread is here. Please use this for all OOC talk after the game starts.

Signups are closed, based on the list of players who signed in on XVII. First story post is in-bound.
« Subject to editing »

James Gryphon

Far beneath the surface of the Arctic Ocean laid an underwater base. It was here that a certain Overlord, a man of uncanny means and methods, was wont to summon his most trusted servants, before and after setting them loose to achieve his mysterious ends.

The servants shuffled through the single corridor leading from their submarine to the Meeting Room. As always, the room was pitch black. As they filed into the room, unseen force fields lifted and separated them into distinct glass capsules, which were dimly lit to reveal their faces. A voice boomed from the darkness.

"After that sorry performance in your last mission, I have brought you here to do some housecleaning."

"How is it that you destroyed my plush beaver toy, the one I had you get from my vault, so thoroughly? The eyes are missing, the tail's been cut off, and the rest of it looks like it went through a session with a pyromaniac dog. It had great sentimental value, but now the only thing I can think of when I see it is your incompetence! It's of no further use to me."

"Also, why did you feel the need to try to break in to that animal shelter last night, before coming back and bringing what was left of the beaver to me? You know, every news channel in the city seems to have broadcasted stories about that, in the "Weirdest News" category. The police even said they got fingerprints. Somebody's taking the rap for this, and it isn't going to be me."

"Explain yourselves!"
« Subject to editing »

Groddil

Groddil would have bowed, but due to the glass capsules, he nodded his head in respect instead.

"Great Overlord, I beg your forgiveness for my part in this mess. You see, when you commanded us to obtain your plush beaver, as soon as Sandpaw and I opened your vault to retrieve the beaver, Rosie shoved us aside like a madwoman, screeching about how the beaver was too perfect, and that only she could have it. As I always had your best interests at heart, I pulled out my weapon, but Delthion tackled me to the floor, enraged that I tried to harm his 'lover.' By the time I fought him off, Sandpaw and Rosie were engaged in a scuffle for the beaver, during which it fell into your Machine of Ultimate Destruction. Before anybody could retrieve it from the machine, which was thankfully inactive, Sagetip began yelling about how the beaver was actually an 'evil alien clone' of the beaver, which Daskar had created to murder you. Sagetip switched on the machine, which unfortunately damaged the beaver into the state it is currently in, aside from the burns, which I will cover shortly. I believe the only thing about this that was in any way remotely positive, was that after its damage, Sandpaw and Rosie stopped fighting. Skyblade managed to pull the beaver out of the machine, but, having believed what Sagetip had said, immediately threw it into the enclosure where your Reverse-Nosedog, Billy, lives. Billy began sniffing the beaver, which charred it all over. By now, Daskar was acting very nervous. After we recovered the beaver, he attempted to run, saying that he 'wasn't ready to die for the stupid Overlord.' Pardon my language, sir, I only meant to relay what Daskar said. When Fatch managed to restrain him, we demanded the Daskar tell us where the real beaver was, but he refused. Sagetip said that he had saw Daskar make repeated visits to the animal shelter, which was most likely where the beaver was being held. We traveled to the shelter and tried to enter. It was only then that Sagetip revealed that Daskar was, in fact, innocent, and that he planned to take the fake beaver from the animal shelter, which was in fact an explosive device containing a deadly strain of the Ebola Virus, to yourself, oh Great Overlord. He then pulled out his weapon and shot me in the leg. I was incapacitated in the scuffle that followed, and soon fell unconscious, but all I saw before I blacked out was Fatch shoot Daskar and give Sagetip a high-five. Anything that happened following my unconsciousness is up to the others to reveal, your Powerfullness."

Hickory

* Sagetip chews on a toothpick before speaking.

"Well, Overlord, Groddil's a bit out of the situation. See, when I called it an "evil alien clone," I was thoroughly convinced that it was an evil alien clone. Groddil wasn't there for it, but a few days ago Daskar and I were experimenting on a captured alien blaster that had crashed in Indiana. Sandpaw was supervising the whole affair, since he had the senior rank. As we prepared to test fire the weapon, alien beavers (all clones of the lead one) smash through the roof and take back the weapon, we were all nearly killed (except for Dasker, who had already deserted in his cowardice). As per any traumatic event like that, (glowing red eyes!) I was left with everlasting fear of beavers.

"Now, when Groddil says I "switched on the machine," I never meant to destroy the beaver as a plush toy, but instead as the murder weapon Daskar had created to kill you. As a matter of fact..."

* Sagetip pulls the charred, shredded remains of the beaver from his farm bag.

"Here you can see the original bomb Daskar had planted, and then the one I planted (the Ebola one.) As you can see, both are defused by me, because of Sandpaw's careful counseling. Luckily for me, he minored in psychology, and helped me recover from a mysterious rage to kill you (I'm cured totally). However, Sandpaw continued to take the bomb from me and reactivate it, causing me to defuse it again.

When I claimed that Daskar was innocent, Groddil didn't understand the context. Y'see, I was talking about stealing the last cookie from the jar back at our dorm. I stole that cookie, and chose that time to reveal Daskar's innocence."

* Sagetip smiles kindly at Daskar.

"Anyway, when I shot Groddil in the leg,"

* Sagetip stares sympathetically at Groddil.

"I was working my way into Fatch's underground network. Overlord, you remember ordering me on an undercover mission? You said, 'Get into the traitor Fatch's system and find out everything, no matter what it takes.' Well, I did, and it cost Groddil his leg.
And his dignity...

* Sagetip sniggers.

Now that we're back here, I can report on what Fatch did. After killing Daskar (presumably), Fatch led me back towards Sandpaw, who was busy with the bomb. He ordered me to knock out Sandpaw and take the bomb. Reluctantly, I did so."

* Sagetip stares empathetically at the lump on Sand's head.

"I realized Fatch was planning to finish the work of others and murder you with the bomb, so I hit hm over the head with it and ran off, planning to bury the bomb far away, so that even if it did go off, no one would be harmed. I was hindered by Sky (you might remember how she charred your plush toy earlier), who kept screeching "gotta kill 'em all!" over and over. Figuring that shouldn't happen (I'm a humane guy) I pushed her away and continued on my mission, until Sand swooped down, recovered, driving some old prop plane. Knocked over by the air blast, I lost control of the bomb as Sandpaw's magnet brought it to him. I grabbed ahold of the plane and entered, whereupon I fought Sandpaw and took back the bomb, jumped out the back of the plane, and parachuted back into the main group, where I found Delthion killing people and Groddil helping him. That's all I can say."
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Fatch of Southsward

OOC: Soren mentioned in the OOC thread that he wanted to sign up - could he still be included? @James Gryphon

Hearing the ridiculous accusations, Fatch broke his silence:

"As the first half of this story shows, great and powerful overlord, I am dedicated only to loyal service to you. I subdued the traitors and tried to keep the confusing situation under proper Overlord protocol,"

"Unfortunately things got a bit more intense as time went on. You notice the change in my behavior into madness in the second half? That's because Sagetip whispered to me to look down at what I was wearing. To my horror, I was wearing an explosive vest, and Sagetip was waving the detonator in my face!"

"Oh, lord, am I glad you are the Overlord, and not he. He forced me to take all the dogs on walks, feed them and clean up after them. This demeaning action he chalked up to himself being 'a humane kind of guy.' I was busy painting stripes on a German Shepherd (because Sagetip declared that as Overlord of the humane society that all dogs shall have stripes) when people started really going nuts. I was forced to do Sagetip's will in the conflict, and to make me feel even worse, he made me give him a high - five. He knew the rest of us were on to him, so he told me to yell out random commands to try to frame me rather than him."

Fatch shot a sideways glare at Sagetip : "You know sir, he seemed awfully happy in a position of power. I think he has some sort of inkling to be in charge of things. The humane society is not the only place he has declared himself Overlord. On the boat ride back from the disaster he declared himself 'Mister Professor Overlord Captain Sagetip' and proceeded to try to keelhaul Skyblade. Far worse than that, he took over the ship's speakers and we all groaned when we heard piano music start to play in a certain tune. It was that abominable 'Let it Go' song from that despicable Disney movie. As you know, due to the manliness of our culture, the song is banned everywhere we control. Luckily, your true servants were there to put a stop to that.
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Hickory

Quote from: Fatch of Southsward on September 07, 2016, 01:42:10 PM
OOC: Soren mentioned in the OOC thread that he wanted to sign up - could he still be included? @James Gryphon

Hearing the ridiculous accusations, Fatch broke his silence:

"As the first half of this story shows, great and powerful overlord, I am dedicated only to loyal service to you. I subdued the traitors and tried to keep the confusing situation under proper Overlord protocol,"

"Unfortunately things got a bit more intense as time went on. You notice the change in my behavior into madness in the second half? That's because Sagetip whispered to me to look down at what I was wearing. To my horror, I was wearing an explosive vest, and Sagetip was waving the detonator in my face!"

"Oh, lord, am I glad you are the Overlord, and not he. He forced me to take all the dogs on walks, feed them and clean up after them. This demeaning action he chalked up to himself being 'a humane kind of guy.' I was busy painting stripes on a German Shepherd (because Sagetip declared that as Overlord of the humane society that all dogs shall have stripes) when people started really going nuts. I was forced to do Sagetip's will in the conflict, and to make me feel even worse, he made me give him a high - five. He knew the rest of us were on to you, so he told me to yell out random commands to try to frame me rather than him."

Fatch shot a sideways glare at Sagetip : "You know sir, he seemed awfully happy in a position of power. I think he has some sort of inkling to be in charge of things. The humane society is not the only place he has declared himself Overlord. On the boat ride back from the disaster he declared himself 'Mister Professor Overlord Captain Sagetip' and proceeded to try to keelhaul Skyblade. Far worse than that, he took over the ship's speakers and we all groaned when we heard piano music start to play in a certain tune. It was that abominable 'Let it Go' song from that despicable Disney movie. As you know, due to the manliness of our culture, the song is banned everywhere we control. Luckily, your true servants were there to put a stop to that.
* Sagetip shrugs.

As Overlord of the Humane Society, I answer to the board of directors, which consists of none other than Delthion and Groddil! Bound by honor, I followed their every instruction, to my highest reluctance. Keelhauling Skyblade, playing Let it Go, bomb vesting Fatch, and claiming to be Overlord, were Groddil and Delthion's fault.

LT Sandpaw

Looking very ashamed the young officer, Lieutenant Sandpaw looked up and noticed the Overlord was looking at him. Snapping to attention he barked out his report in true military fashion.

"Sir. Lieutenant Sandpaw reporting. Operation was a disaster. Please allow me to give an accurate report of what went down.

"Upon arrival at your vault to retrieve the plush beaver, I, along with Groddil opened it. As Rosie became uncontrollable acting strangely I noticed Senior Servant Fatch of Southsward injecting her with a finicky jellyfish toxin. I had seen it before on campaign and I knew what it was capable of. I immediately leapt upon Rosie in an attempt to detain her, I gave orders for everyone to stay back, and remain at a safe distance. I admit, my voice was muffled as I was forcing Rosie into restraints and the others may not have heard me.

"You see sir, and I am sure you are aware, the toxin not only controls the nervous system, making the subject extremely dangerous to others, but it is also a risk to one's self. And it can be passed through a simple bite, I had to get Rosie under control before she killed someone, or infected anyone else. I of course have received special treatment making me immune, which is why I insisted no one aid me.

"I know nothing of traitors or plots to kill you sir, in fact, I sincerely hope that this isn't true. However as I finally managed to bring Rosie under control and prepared to question Fatch on why he gave her the toxin, Daskar ran over assumedly to help. He got bitten and became uncontrollable. Luckily Fatch managed to capture him. At that point I ordered them all back to base as the original mission was a failure and told them to keep Daskar restrained, and I assumed they did as they all left. I returned to my lab with Rosie where I whipped up an antidote, and treated Rosie. It was then that I looked at the news. I knew right away that Daskar had bitten several other members of the team.

"With Rosie's assistance I leapt aboard the nearest transportation and flew to the city with a gas form of the antidote. All I needed was some explosives to spread it around, as most of the city was infected at that point. I discovered Sagetip in a rage, and I talked him out of attacking me, and then treated him. As he recovered I utilized some of the explosives he had on him, so that I could save the city."

Here Sandpaw tenderly rubbed the back of his head.

"It didn't got that way sir. Sagetip became concerned, and without asking questions assaulted me, whacking me on the back of the head. Rosie had no choice but to cowardly hide, she was probably petrified with fear and didn't say anything as he ruined our attempts to save the city. After I recovered we once again attempted to get the bomb from Sage and set if off, but he was convinced we were trying to kill people with a gas bomb, and not save them. He fought me off and jumped off the plane, but Rosie managed to snag the bomb before he got away. We finally successfully set it off, saving the city. After we completed that me and Rose recovered the rest of the team, who were very confused and in a daze returning here as quickly as possible. And that is what happened sir."

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Fatch of Southsward

Fatch looked confused for a moment before realizing what had actually happened. They had all been fooled all along then! The jellyfish toxin was to blame... But that meant...

"Sir, I did indeed inject Rosie with the jellyfish toxin, but that was because she had been complaining about soreness in her large intestine. Delthion handed me the toxin and told me it was a pain relief solution that would fix her up 'in a jiffy!' Concerned for the health of Rosie's large intestine, I quickly injected her, as Delthion instructed. I had no idea what the results would be."
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Hickory

* Sagetip spits at Sandpaw.

"Liar! You tried to save the city - by setting off a bomb?! You do realize Daskar's original explosive could've blown the whole operation!"

* Sagetip turns to face the Overlord.

"He's clearly unfit for duty!".

LT Sandpaw

"The explosion sir." Sandpaw reiterated in his defense. "Was minor, it was a large, anti-tank explosive. It seriously damaged street where me and Rosie set it off, but sacrifices had to be made in order to save the entire city, and those servants who were rampaging around killing people."

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

* Sagetip shifts his pose, taking a pleading position.

"I was unaware of the nature of the zombie vaccine. This is probably due to the fact that Sandpaw never opted to tell me, but I'm willing to forgive if he is."

* Sagetip presses a paw against the glass wall.

Delthion

OOC: I leave for one day and this is what happens? ;D

BIC: Delthion shook his head in disappointment. "Ah, most gracious Overlord, this people would have you believe their useless prattle. Admittedly, I did tackle Groddil, but that was to avoid his death, Rosie, you see resolute in her plans to kill or harm you in some way, had swallowed large numbers of explosives, which if she couldn't steal or dismember the beaver was her plan B. Groddil preventing her from injuring you by stealing your Beaver would have given her a reason to kill all of us and force you to get new servants. I then tried to give her the jelly fish toxin to short circuit the detonator of the explosives so that we could continue our mission in peace. Although Fatch helped me to the best of his ability, both of us were unaware that she had swallowed another explosive which would be detonated by the jellyfish toxin, she was blown to bits, but we managed to get her back together with the help of the best doctor in the city, not wanting her to escape your justice.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Groddil

OOC: This post in response to Sagetip:

BIC:

Groddil hangs his head in shame.
"What Sagetip says is correct, your Powerfullness, these acts were the result of our actions. However, might I add that of these sins, I was only responsible for keelhauling Skyblade Soren, as, due to his previous crimes towards you, and the fact that at the time, I found him sitting in his room, muttering about ways to kill you, and polishing his knives, I decided to take disciplinary action in your stead. But the playing of awful music, vesting of Fatch, and the false Overlord claims were made by Delthion, and Delthion alone.

Delthion

"Most gracious, and powerful Overlord of overlordity, the only reason that I made claims to the Overlordship was so that the doctor would listen to me. Unfortunately, Rosie seems to have influenced Groddil against me. I told Fatch, Sand and Sage about what I was trying to do, but Groddil kept on looting stores of their Spam and yelling, 'Spam for the Spamgod!' What brought this on I don't know, and I hope that you will be able to work through his moment of weakness."
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Groddil

* Groddil glares at Delthion.

"Of course I took the SPAM. I needed to restock the Overlord's personal In-Case-Of-Emergency Shelter. There were more than enough of you to fulfill the other tasks while I was collecting the food. And what of the music, and Fatch? You did all of that!"