News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

World War 1 CYOA

Started by Hickory, October 24, 2016, 06:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

Well I don't think reasoning is going to do much, and he's surrounded by his fellows, so bargaining with him wont work. Personally I want to know why Thomas didn't place a lookout, he ought to be replaced.

Might as well curse the officer in our strong British accent.

"Good sir beg pardon for my French, but you are a lousy twit. Your father smelt of elderberries and your mother was a hamster."

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

"Go to hell," you shout. George and the other soldiers nod appreciatively, and add a few jibes of their own. "You couldn't kill a rabbit," said one of the soldiers. "Yore ugly mug would scare it off."

Infuriated, the officer pistol whips the soldier down flat, then raises his gun to do the same to you.

Fight the officer off.
Let yourself be hit.
Dodge the blow.

Wilson's inventory
Bolded items are equipped.

1 pair of field glasses. (allows you to spot targets at farther distances)
4 armor piercing rounds. Fires from your rifle.
1 trench knife
1 stick grenades
1 pack of cigarettes.
1 flip lighter.
1 sandwich
1 canteen of water.
[close]
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Hickory

Groddil

Hickory

The pistol swipes by your ear as you dodge to the side. "You...!" the officer yells. He prepares to strike again, but several things happen at once.

The crack of a rifle splits the air, and the officer is suddenly the past.

Five shapes emerge from the surrounding shrubbery, all armed and with hats folded up on one side.

Trees come crashing down, and an armored jeep smashes into the clearing. A projectile hits the side of the vehicle, and it promptly explodes.

The remaining German soldiers are cut down by the figures. You pick up your rifle as one of the figures descends.

Wilson got the SMLE MkIII.

"Got you out of a right jam," says the soldier. Australians. "Good to see our cousins are alive and kicking," says George. The Aussie smirks. "Anytime. Let's get you out of here. The Jerries grabbed most of the loot, and we're going after them. Command allowed us some tanks," he says, breaking into a full grin. "I'm Frederick Bishop."

The soldiers grab a few crates from the train and you all head up the side of the dip and into the road going through the forest. Quite a few motors are going. The first vehicle you see is a tank. The Mark V landship. You've seen a few of these behemoths crawling towards enemy trench lines in the distance, but this is the first time up close. Behind it is an unarmed jeep - obviously the transportation for any cargo recovered from the train. Another landship, and two more jeeps, each with a gun mounted. "You, take the gunner position on one of the jeeps," Bishop orders you. Something occurs to you. "What about my CO? Thomas?" you ask. "Don't worry, he's okayed the move," Bishop waves his hand. "Just get in the jeep."

George takes the passenger's side of the jeep you get in. The gun you now wield is a Browning light machine gun. Powerful, heavy, and invincible, mounted guns like this could fend off waves of attackers easily. You have some time before the convoy gets on the move, so you take out the gun mods you discovered earlier. A closer look shows you what they are.

-2x scope.
-Weights to balance out the weapon. Makes it harder to wield in CQB.
-Suppressor. Makes it harder for enemies to detect you, but makes every other stat of the gun go down.
-Bayonet to attach for charges at enemies.

Equip which attachments? (Suppressor and Bayonet go on the same slot, so only one at a time.) Note that you need to be in non combat areas like this one to be able to make complex changes like the weights.)

Wilson's inventory

1 SMLE MkIII bolt action rifle. (30 rounds)

1 trench knife
1 stick grenade.
1 pack of cigarettes.
1 flip lighter.
1 sandwich
1 canteen of water.
SMLE MkIII mods.
-2x scope.
-Suppressor. Makes it harder for enemies to detect you, but makes every other stat of the fun go down.

[close]

Groddil

Heck yeah, 'Straya to the rescue!

I'd say attach a scope, weights, and suppressor. I can't imagine getting in close-quarters is a good thing, so let's try to avoid doing that and focus on being able to take enemies out from afar without being noticed.

Hickory

Hickory

Timeskip.

You exit the woods and into the German lines. It looks just like the British ones - a wartorn, muddy wasteland. You can spot the German lorry carrying the stolen British goods, and the convoy pursues it. A few shots from the land ship immobilizes the lorry, and the convoy stops by it. You can see helmets moving about in the German trenches. Bishop does too. "Wilson, George, take your Brits and cover the trenches while the team secures the truck."

You look around for a plan. You could climb into the nearby tower with a good view into the trenches, or you could descend into the trenches themselves and hunt for enemies.

Get into the tower.
Descend into the trenches.

Wilson's inventory

1 trench knife
1 stick grenade.
1 pack of cigarettes.
1 flip lighter.
1 sandwich
1 canteen of water.
SMLE MkIII mods.
-2x scope.
-Suppressor. Makes it harder for enemies to detect you, but makes every other stat of the gun go down.

[close]

Hickory

Poll up, cause y'all seem pretty lazy.

Hickory

A quick climb up the ladder puts you in a perfect place to shoot down at the German troops. Peering down your sights, you see a lot of targets.

Target the machine gunners.
Target the anti-tank soldiers.
Target the medic.
Get down from the tower.

Wilson's inventory

1 trench knife
1 stick grenade.
1 pack of cigarettes.
1 flip lighter.
1 sandwich
1 canteen of water.
SMLE MkIII mods.
-2x scope.

[close]

Remember, you can use all items in your inventory, when appropriate. Some weapons have multiple purposes, like the dynamite, and some are uni-purpose, like the knife.

Groddil

Let's throw the Geneva Convention out the window and blow the medic's brains out.

Hickory

Vote.... in teh..... pOLL!

Hickory

Ha ha guys, this is funny. Stop joking, though.

LT Sandpaw

Its more useful to target someone who will be able to shoot back. I'd say the anti-armor soldiers would probably be a smart first target, as they probably have the more accurate rifles. Those heavy WWI machine guns would be more difficult to turn around and aim up at a tower, even if they bothered to do so.

I'd say target the most legitimate targets first, and then move on to the machine gunners, and probably just leave the medics alone. Maybe as a precaution make sure George doesn't open fire, his unsilenced weapon will be a dead giveaway. Just have him stand ready.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

James Gryphon

I voted for the macgunners, but it was a toss-up between that and the anti-armor. The main reason I was thinking the machine gunners was because I thought they'd be the biggest threat to all of our infantry running around, but the anti-armor could be trouble too (especially if they figure out where our fire is coming from).
« Subject to editing »