News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

War in 1700 v3

Started by Groddil, November 16, 2016, 10:40:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groddil

Figured this should be revived. Welcome to the third iteration of War in 1700.

RULES
1. Players may control 1 major power and 1 minor power.
2. Please be realistic! Saxony can not raise an army of 100,000 men in 2 days.
3. DO NOT READ SPOILERS INTENDED FOR OTHERS!
4. Have fun!

MAJOR POWERS
England:
France:
Spanish Monarchy: [ASHE]
Habsburg Monarchy: Emperor Zand Pfote (Sandpaw)
Russia: Tsar Vladimir Groddil I
Poland-Lithuania:
Sweden:
Denmark-Norway:
Ottoman Empire: Sultan Sagetip
Papal States (Serious influence over France, Spain, States within the Holy Roman Empire):

MINOR POWERS
Brandenburg-Prussia: Emperor Zand Pfote (Sandpaw)
Saxony:
Swiss Confederacy:
Savoy:
Portugal:
Bavaria:
Dutch Republic:
Tuscany: Archduke Liddorg Marci XIV (Groddil)
Venice: [ASHE]
Italians (Remaining city-states): Sultan Sagetip

In your first post, be sure to include something similar to the following, with numbers and suchlike changed:

I've also attached Sandpaw's sign-up thing from v2

The Portuguese Empire During the Starting Events of this game:

Ruler: King Areiapata/Sandpaw II

Land Holdings: Portugal, The Netherlands, Gold Mining Colonies in Brazil and Venezuela, The Cape of Good Hope, Colonies in South Africa, Spice Ports in India, Colonies in Indonesia, and Dutch beaver colonies in North America.

Standing Military: 30,000 Regulars stationed in forts in Portugal, 20,000 stationed in forts in different oversea colonies. 20,000 Dutch Regulars stationed in forts in the Netherlands, 10,000 Dutch Regulars stationed in North American Colonies. Portuguese West Indies fleet patrolling the waters along the Cape of Good Hope trade rout, Portuguese Mediterranean fleet stationed in harbors along Portugal coast, The Dutch Atlantic fleet patrolling the waters between the New World and Europe, The Trade and exploration Fleet sailing between Europe, Americas, and India.

Trade Alliances: Everyone

Military Alliances: None

Enemies: Pirates
[close]

The Russian Empire during the starting events of this game:
Ruler: Tsar Vladimir Groddil I
Military Commander: Dimitri the Merciless.
Land Holdings: Russia & Siberia, Alaska.
Capital city: St. Petersburg.
Standing Military: 185,000 regular soldiers and nearly 50,000 irregulars (mostly Cossacks), stationed around the Empire. Exact Troop
Movements classified. 10,000 soldiers are currently in training, and another 1,000 have been deployed to Alaska, along with the first colonists, most of them political prisoners or the wealthy trying to escape from normal life. The Russian Navy is currently on standby near the Swedish border. The Navy consists of: 50 1st Rate ships-of-the-line, 50 Ships-of-the-line ranging from 2nd rate to 4th rate, 100 Frigates, and 100 Sloops. 15,000 soldiers are currently stationed with the navy.
Conscription is Not in effect. Were total conscription in effect, Russia could recruit 200,000 more soldiers, but only in dire need. These conscripts would not be as effective as regular troops, and proper training would take time. In addition, the actual recruitment process would also take quite a while, as would moving troops and equipping them.
Trade Alliances: Everyone.
Formal Alliances: None
Alliances under review: None
Enemies: None

Tuscany during the start of the game:
Ruler: Archduke Liddorg Marci XIV
Military Commander: Luigi Fernanzo
Land Holdings: Tuscany.
Capital city: Florence.
Standing Military: 10,000 regular soldiers and 5,000 soldiers in training. Exact Troop Movements classified. The Tuscan navy is currently on standby on the West Coast. The Navy consists of: 10 1st Rate ships-of-the-line, 20 Frigates, and 70 Sloops.
Conscription is Not in effect. Were total conscription in effect, Tuscany could recruit 20,000 more soldiers, but only in dire need. These conscripts would not be as effective as regular troops, and proper training would take time. In addition, the actual recruitment process would also take quite a while, as would moving troops and equipping them.
Trade Alliances: Everyone.
Formal Alliances: None
Alliances under review: None
Enemies: None

Lady Ashenwyte

I'll be England and Venice.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Hickory

I'll be the Ottomans and Italy.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Groddil

Hickory

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Sagetip on November 16, 2016, 01:35:53 PM
?

The city states are divided and small. Other powers control most of Italy.

EDIT: Russia was really OP in the last game, spamming like a million soldiers from nowhere. One of the reasons I lost interest, and hopefully much of the OPness will be toned down this time.

EDIT 2: Can the Habsburg monarchy field vampires?

EDIT 3: Can I be Spain instead?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

LT Sandpaw

I'd like to play, but as Ashe said there needs to be a way to control the OPness.

Anyway I'll take the Hapsburg Monarchy and Brandenburg-Prussia.

Basic Info

The German Empire in the starting events of the game.

Ruler - Emperor Zand Pfote the First of his Name.
Military Commander - Lord Zand Pelz of Austria.
Naval Commander - Lord Homok Mancs of Hungary.

Land Holdings: Empirical lands of Hungary, Transylvania, Austria, Brandenburg, and Prussia. The Rhineland and Bohemia. The oversea colonies in lower Peru and Panama. Forming The German Reich. The Emperor wishes to reconquer the Holy Lands of the Roman Empire and take them from the rebellious princes.
Capital City: Vienna

Imperial Military: 50,000 Regulars stationed in Prussia and Brandenburg, 80,000 Regulars stationed in Hungary and Austria. 15,000 Regulars stationed overseas in Peru and Panama. The Imperial Fleet is currently stationed in the Baltic sea off the coast of Prussia consisting of 50 1st through 4th rate Ships-of-the-Line, 100 frigates and 150 minor ships.

Trade Agreements: Everyone.
Alliances: Switzerland.
Enemies: The German States and Bavaria and Saxony.
[close]

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

Spoiler
The Ottoman Empire at the start of the game.

Ruler: Sultan Sagetip

Naval Commander: Admiral Tipsage (promoted since the invasion of Sweden)

Military Commander: General Graddil.

Land Holdings: Italy, southeastern Mediterranean shores, much of Arabia.

Capital city: Constantinople.

Military strength: 100,000 soldiers, 10,000 reserve men. 1 artillery battery per 75 troops. Almost a third of the main army stationed on the borders to maintain order. 7,000 in Italy, the rest awaiting orders. The Ottoman fleet is stationed in the Aegan sea, and consists of 10 quadruple sail capital ships, two leading each fleet. Each fleet has 5 1st rate ship of the lines, and 15 ships of the line from 2-4. Also has ships full of ammunition and other necessities, plus the normal frigates.

Trade agreements: Most everyone.
Alliances: Russia, Poland, most bordering countries, Portugal
Enemies: Hapsburg Monarchy
[close]

James Gryphon

As far as avoiding 'overpoweredness', it would be best if some effort was made to research historical army sizes, and to use numbers not much different from the ones that were done in that time period.
« Subject to editing »

Groddil

Quote from: James Gryphon on November 16, 2016, 08:08:17 PM
As far as avoiding 'overpoweredness', it would be best if some effort was made to research historical army sizes, and to use numbers not much different from the ones that were done in that time period.

Yeah, I looked into again and found that my numbers from last game were actually from 1850, not 1750. Russia's amount of soldiers has been quartered, the amount of ships has cut into a third of last time, and even with conscription, I doubt I'd be able to even reach 500,000 soldiers.

We should put in a thing where you can't heavily PP without the other characters permission, like winning entire battles before they even post. *glares at self* Smaller victories should be fine, but let's just tone it down a bit. On that note, probably don't join if you're really inactive, otherwise nothing will ever happen.

Wylder Treejumper

Quote from: Groddil on November 16, 2016, 08:19:13 PM
On that note, probably don't join if you're really inactive, otherwise nothing will ever happen.
*Looks around guiltily* Well, guess that's it for me... :P
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Groddil

Any last-minute entries before we start?

Feles

I'll sit this one out, but i'm curious.
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Groddil

Groddil