News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Dictate your adventure

Started by Ashleg, December 20, 2016, 02:44:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

LT Sandpaw

The next few hours after the terrible fall are fuzzy and uncertain. Bob thought he heard the sound of sirens, and maybe the sound of his mother's voice, then the thunder of a helicopter, all blurred together with flashes of red, green, and blue.

Days later Bob wakes up feeling absolutely horrible, finding himself in a hospital bed, dressed in a gown and covered in bandages. It appears to be night, as the alarm clock next to the bed says the hour is 2:00 AM Central Time, while the phone next to your bed says its 2:02 AM.

Try to stand up.
Shout for a nurse.
Go back to sleep.
Use the phone to call the pizza delivery place.
Adjust the clocks' time.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Ashleg

Use the phone to call the pizza delivery service.

I'm just imagining if this guy was real and it's killing me...

James Gryphon

Bob attempted to reach for the phone, but quickly found himself encumbered. There was a cast and medical tape blocking his movement. Both arms and legs were wrapped up like this.

Cry.
Try to take off the tape.
Yell "ROOM SERVICE".
« Subject to editing »

Ashleg

James Gryphon

Waking up in a hospital bed, and being bandaged, taped, and casted up were one thing, but the lack of the chance to get pizza was too much. Bob succumbed to the pain and frustration and broke down in tears. Unfortunately, given that he had several broken ribs, this only made him hurt all the more. Bob let out an involuntary cry of pain.

A nurse was apparently nearby, and came running. She looked down at her patient with deep concern and asked "Does it hurt?"

Ask for pizza.
Ask what happened.
Ask where you are.
Ask for more painkiller.
Ask for a new life.
« Subject to editing »

Ashleg

James Gryphon

The nurse let out an involuntary giggle, but her expression turned serious. "Sir, I don't want to be the one to bring you the bad news, but you're not going to be able to eat pizza for some time. You broke a few bones, including your jaw. You need to rest up now. You'll be back to health sooner than you know it!"

Ask what happened.
Ask where you are.
Ask for more painkiller.
Ask for a new life.
Rest up now.
« Subject to editing »

Ashleg

James Gryphon

With the broken jaw and medication, Bob's speech was slurred and blurred. "May I...'ave ...'ew... wife?"

The nurse's eyes widened, then went soft with emotion (the product of a combination of an unfounded fear of being an old maid and the Florence Nightingale effect on steroids). She delicately took one of Bob's cast-covered hands in both of her smaller ones. Her voice as melodiously sweet as a million mockingbirds, she said: "Yes! We can do it right away if you want. Should I call the chaplain?"

Blink.
Nod dumbly.
Groan.
« Subject to editing »

Ashleg

James Gryphon

The nurse's smile could have lit up the world. "Perfect! I'll go get him right away, dearest. Don't go anywhere!" She kissed Bob's cheek and practically skipped out of the room (as carefully as a practicing nurse can).

Just a moment after she left, someone else walked into the room. It was...

Bob's mother.
A doctor.
Somebody Bob vaguely thought he remembered seeing one time at his sister's cousin's wedding.
Captain Planet.
« Subject to editing »

Ashleg

James Gryphon

Captain Planet stormed dramatically into the room, threw a salute, and boomed through the fourth wall, "Remember, kids, work together to save the environment and you too can be superheroes! The Power Is YOURS!" Then he disappeared into thin air, like a contrived story element being retconned out of the plot.

After this surprising yet unproductive event, Bob fell into a light doze. He woke up a few minutes later when his fiance brushed his hand with hers. "The minister's here; we just have to sign this paper and say the vows! I know your name's Bob, sweetheart, but what's your last name?"

(Give an answer.)
« Subject to editing »

Ashleg