News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Dictate your adventure

Started by Ashleg, December 20, 2016, 02:44:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

Quote from: Groddil on January 31, 2017, 12:27:58 AM
Bob's mother twitches.
"Is that all you can think of, Bob? We thought you were dead."
"Pizza!"
Kate approached her husband.
"Honey... You can have pizza later, okay? It's just... This is a lot to take in."
The hint of a grin flashes across her face, but disappears as quickly as it came.
"Alright, Bob. Come on. Let's go get pizza."
Bob's mother shrieks.
"NO! Don't go with that, that, that..."
Everybody in the funeral parlor glares at your mother.
"Bobby... Just trust your mother this time, okay?"
"Pizza?"
"No, Bobby. Pizza later. Come home, Bobby. I miss you."

Bob: Go get pizza with your wife.
Bob: Go home with your mother (and miss out on pizza).

Going with this one because it's about time we stop trying to kill Bob.
Better luck next time, Rosie.

Option one: Go get pizza with your wife.

Groddil

QuoteGoing with this one because it's about time we stop trying to kill Bob. Wrong choice.

Bob ignores his mother, following Kate out of the funeral parlor. She unlocks her car, a little Toyota Prius, and clambers into the drivers seat. Strangely, the front seat is taken up by several things. A hacksaw, a garbage bag, and a salt shaker. Curious. Bob jumps into the back seat and does his seatbelt up. The drive to Kate's home is quiet. Kate says nothing, and her car has no radio. Soon, Bob begins to whimper.
"Pizza."
"Wait."
Eventually, the little car pulls into the driveway of a small, one-story brick bungalow.
"Come on, honey."
Like a dog, Bob follows Kate's heels. She turns the lock and shoves Bob inside.
"There's pizza in the fridge, honey. Put it in the microwave for thirty seconds. I'll be there in just a second..."
Bob walks over to the fridge. Upon opening the door, he is hit with a disgusting smell, and gags. Flesh, discarded limbs, and bags of blood fill the fridge. Bob, terrified, runs towards the door, but is stopped by Kate.
"Oh, honey... You found out my dirty little secret, huh? Sorry our marriage failed so early."
Kate grabs a meat cleaver from the table and hacks. Bleeding heavily from the throat, Bob falls to the ground in a heap.
"And now I have to clean up all this blood. HOW WONDERFUL. You better be nice and filling... Hmm. Forgotten his name."

Kate: Eat Bob.
Bob's Mother: Burst through the door and shoot Kate in the face with a triple-barreled shotgun.
Bob: Have the atomic bomb inside your stomach explode and flatten the entire city.

James Gryphon

This path can't be canon, since Bob is still immobile from all the broken skeleton and can't follow anyone anywhere (nor has he even made it to the funeral parlor; they didn't get him out of the hospital door).
« Subject to editing »

Maudie

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Ashleg

I choose option 4: Stop trying to kill Bob and get the gosh darn pizza for the poor guy.

James Gryphon

Right before Bob's body was lifted out of the bed, however, he stirred, like a month-inactive-topic being brought back to life, and spoke these words:
"Get the pizza in the oven and set it to 400 degrees."

Bob's mother twitched.
"Is that all you can think of, Bob? We thought you were dead."
"Pizza!"
The hint of a grin flashed across Kate's face, but disappeared as quickly as it came. She approached her husband.
"Honey... You can have pizza later, okay? It's just... This is a lot to take in. Besides, like I told you earlier, your jaw is broken. You can't have any pizza right now. But if you rest up and get better, you'll be back to it in no time."
"PIZZA"
Katherine Marilla Bobiston sighed. She looked imploringly over to her mother-in-law (who was not yet aware of their relationship). "Do you know of anything he might like that would do the trick?"

Bob's mother: "I have some pizza-flavored ice cream in the freezer back at the house."
Bob's mother: "We could put a pizza in the blender?"
Bob's mother: "I have some pizza-flavored breath spray in my purse."
Bob's mother: "No. Sorry, dearie. He's always been like this."
« Subject to editing »

Ashleg

James Gryphon

"We could put a pizza in the blender?"

Kate looked somewhat doubtful. "That doesn't sound very good to me..."

"PIIIIZZZZZZAAAAAAA"

"...but I guess it couldn't hurt. What kind of pizza and where should we get it?"

"It doesn't matter what kind, dearie," said Bob's mother. "So long as it doesn't have tomato sauce, because Bob is allergic. It would probably be cheapest if I went home and made them myself. I have plenty of ingredients."

Kate: "I know a great pizza & deli down a couple of blocks that sell custom pizzas; that might be quicker."
Kate: "All right, that sounds good."
« Subject to editing »

Ashleg

First one.

Because Bob only likes his mom's pizza

James Gryphon

"I know a great pizza & deli down a couple of blocks that sell custom pizzas; that might be quicker."

Bob's mother smiled wanly. "If that's what you want to do, dear. But I will warn you; Bobby is very picky about what he likes to eat. I'd recommend you get the ingredients separate from the pie and put them on the pizza here."

Kate grinned. "All right. I'm off my shift now, so I'll head out and be back in a flash!"

Bob's mother sighed after Kate left the room. "Poor girl has no idea what she's getting into..."

Kate drove over and quickly arrived at Chicago Joe's Pizza and Deli. She was a regular there, so the manager greeted her warmly. "What are you looking for today, Kate?" After Kate explained what she was looking for, the manager said, "Well, we can bake up the crust for you and you can put the other stuff on there later, if you like. Can't promise it'll be as good, but that's the way it goes. Do you want the cheese baked on?

Kate: "Yes, please."
Kate: "No, it might be better to get the cheese separately."

After answering, the manager showed her the ingredients they have available. "We've had a very busy day today. All we've got left is pepperoni, pineapple, peppers, onions, and mushrooms. What would you like?"

(Give an answer.)
« Subject to editing »

Ashleg

Option two, and then...

Kate, being a health nut, leaned forward on the counter and said, "Load it up with pineapple."

James Gryphon

Kate, being a health nut, leaned forward on the counter and said, "Load it up with pineapple."

The manager nodded. "Bunch of pineapple...we'll get a bag of that for you right away. Anything else?"

Kate: No, that'll do it.
Kate: Yes, actually... (give an answer.)
« Subject to editing »

Ashleg

James Gryphon

"No, that'll do it."

"All right. For the pie and the pineapples, that'll be $12.95. Thanks for dropping in, Kate; see you next time!"

Kate paid and went back to the hospital with her cargo. There was a blender in the staff kitchen, which she often used to blend smoothies, so she decided to take advantage of it for this job. First, she...

Cut the pizza into slices.
Put pieces of pineapple all over the pizza.
Put cheese all over the pizza.
Put the entire pizza in the blender.
« Subject to editing »

Chipster of Noonvale