News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Undecided

Started by The Skarzs, January 25, 2017, 10:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

OOC: @Groddil, if you can reply with Elijah, please? :)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Groddil

Elijah lowered his sword.
"I'll be keeping an eye on them. The last thing we need is a dagger in our backs."

The Skarzs

OOC: I am so sorry for not getting back to this. :-\ I've been pretty drained recently.

BIC:
  "I'd expect nothing less," said Gerard in return. He turned to the band standing outside. "Please set your weapons down here, and we'll let you in."
  Darrin took his dagger and sword from his belt and laid them down in the dirt in front of the gate, and he looked at the others, who stood awkwardly staring at the weapons. "Well?" the ferret snapped.
  "We ain't never gone wivvout our blades," whined Grimin, the rat. "I've 'ad this axe since I took it off a lizard who-"
  "Anyone who doesn't remove their weapons gets no food tonight!" said Darrin. "And I for one want some warm food tonight, so stop your idiotic snivelin' and put those carvers in the pile!"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

"They really think we'd stab 'em?" Twisty countered, unmoving.
"I think 'tis a bit of a stretch t' tell somebeasts who just said they're bein' hunted t' go unarmed..."

Gonff the Mousethief

"We all know ye would Numb Paw," Marshall commented as he unhooked his axe from his belt to set it down. He also had to unslung his bow and quivers, as well as his couple of hidden knifes from his belt. This place was making him feel awfully naked. First his hat, now his weapons. Should go ahead and take away his blue fur as well.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Ashleg

"As a matter o' fact, yeh blue idjit, I would not." Twisty grumbled, making a big show of relinquishing his weapons into the pile.

OOC-
Wow, since when was that a swear? Good grief. ::)

The Skarzs

After all the weapons were piled up, Darrin having to make sure certain persons in his group pulled out their more hidden weapons, the ferret stood in front smiled at the three Redwallers.
  "So?"
  Abbot Gerard sighed. "Alright, you may come in. Elijah, please give the weapons to the moles to bury somewhere until they leave."
  "Hey, they'll rust if you do that," interjected Darrin. "Blades ain't cheap, y'know. . ."
  "They'll be wrapped in cloth, if that makes you feel any better," the mouse said, turning around. "Raleigh, do bring some medical supplies to treat them if they need it. Also, if you feel like bathing, the abbey pond is. . ."
  "Bathe!" wailed Grimin. "Water! Darrin, this place ain't right!"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Groddil

Elijah growled softly as he began picking up the weapons.
"Nobeast's forcing ye t'bathe, but judgin' by the pong comin' off yer fur, it's either bathe an' go inside, or sleep out on the lawn."

Ashleg

"Bathin' in a pond is very counterintuitive anywho." Twisty said cheerfully, brushing past Elijah to step inside.
Raleigh's bringin' medical supplies...maybe I should break my leg on the way in...

The Skarzs

"Yer all a bunch of ninnies," said Darrin. As he stepped in the gates, he looked in wonderment at the inside of the abbey, from its red-stoned belltower so high up it was like a needle point, to the lush orchard and the brown, rich gardens which would soon begin sprouting vegetables.
  "Whoa," was all he could manage to say quietly.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Dannflower Reguba

Raleigh had been very uptight through the entire ordeal, listening intently in the hopes of finding some reassurance of safety. She was rather suddenly jerked out of her own misty thoughts when Gerard addressed her, to which she responded, "T'would be my pleasure Father Abbot!" Sight of the young squirrel was soon lost as she practically flew across the lawn toward and into the Abbey building. She couldn't decide if she was fortunate or unfortunate to run into one of the other Infirmary Sisters shuttling supplies upstairs. After absconding with a portion of the materials, she made her way back just in time to see Darrin's face as the splendor of the Abbey grounds hit him. A smile encroached upon her cheeks, soon followed by a light laugh as she approached the ferret, "I've seen that one before, so what do you think?" Raleigh felt a bit more comfortable around Darrin, he seemed to have at least some air of dignity around him.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Ashleg

Twisty watched Darrin's endeavor from the side, lip curled in envy.
He wasn't one to be taken aback by the beauty of scenery like his boss was.
"So are th' rest of us just supposed t' stand 'ere while ye gawk?" he jeered, rat tail curling.
And why was Raleigh smiling like that?
Twisty snorted.

The Skarzs

"Ain't never seen anything like it," replied the ferret. "You must be rich to live in a place like this!"
  ". . . Perhaps we are rich in some ways," said Gerard, folding his paws in his habit sleeves. "We value friendship and peace over anything like gold or precious stones."
  The mouse drew back in surprise as Darrin burst out laughing. "Ha ha ha ha hah! Friendship and peace! That's a good one. I bet you would rather give your food to somebeast even if you were starvin'! Hah hah!" His smile faded as he looked at the three Redwallers. "Oh . . . You weren't joking. . . ? What kind o' creatures are yew?"
  Abbot Gerard looked at him reprimandingly. "Selfishness leads to loneliness."
  "Yeah, maybe, but I say if you can't even help yourself you can't help others."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

LT Sandpaw

Nicki was a willing volunteer, and when the friar asked where the Abbot had gotten to, and if somebeast would find him please, she'd been the first to offer her services. Taking her leave from the table she exited the Abbey door crossing the gravel path, each pawstep bringing ever more questions.

Nicki hadn't been at Redwall long, but she knew enough about the Abbey to know vermin were a rare sight within the walls. Her writing paw inched towards her hip, only to find empty air where her sword hilt usually was. She hadn't needed a sword while at Redwall and at Gerard's request she'd kept it wrapped in cloth upstairs.

"There you are Father Abbot." She called coming to a stop beside the mouse, trying her best not to stare at the newcomers, that'd be rude. "Are these um, guests? Oh hi Raleigh."

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Dannflower Reguba

Rather taken aback, Raleigh couldn't figure out if she was more surprised, confused, or sad over Darrin's rather raucous statements. She knew that others would hold different opinions of the world, but this was the first time she ever heard one so vastly different out loud, much less the effects these views had on those that held them. Clearly, their work was cut out for them, but courtesy was the woodlander way, and hospitality was the legacy of Redwall since it's inception. She had no more time to think however, as she heard her name from behind and turned half way to see who was approaching, "Hmm? Oh, hi there Nicki, and yes, they're guests. I'm assuming you came looking for the Abbot, is something the matter?"
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This