On The Loose: A Forum Fanfiction

Started by Maudie, February 02, 2017, 01:55:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maudie

Alright, so I joined the party. I haven't written in awhile, so it's not very good. Anyways, on with the show!

On The Loose: A Forum Fanfiction

Chapter One.

It was a beautiful morning in Mossflower country. The sun was shining and the birds singing. On Redwall's battlements, two beasts were enjoying a fine tea spread. A small table had been set up and was laden with savory pasties and scones with jam and meadowcream. A young mouse poured himself a cup of mint tea and took a large bite from a pasty.
Across from him, a fierce looking eagle picked a scone up in his beak and swallowed it greedily. "Father Abbot," he said, his beak full, "I don't think it's a good idea for me to watch the Dibbuns. I'm, er, not very good with young beasts."
Abbot Matthias grinned. "It won't be hard, James. Just keep them in the Abbey, preferably the dormitory, and it'll be fine. It's just for the day."
James sighed, "Fine, fine. I'll do it. But I'm gonna need a lot of these scones beforehand."
Matthias gestured to the table. "Help yourself."
                                                                           <<*>>
As the abbey gates shut on the final stragglers of the berry gathering group, a small paw tugged at James' feathers. The eagle looked down to see a small hedgehog looking up at him.
"Games, Games! Why can'ts we go wif da berry gavverers? I wants to go gavver berries." The Dibbun jumped up and down.
James glared at the tiny creature. "Because you Dibbuns have caused a lot of trouble lately. That's why, Inquisitor."
A little mole chuckled. "Bo urr, we'm surrpintly 'ave. An' it were surrpintly amoosing. Baint it, Faiyloe?"
The squirrelmaid nodded enthusiastically. "Teehee! Yes it was, Skarzs! Amember when we dumped Russa in da pond an' tol' her da eels was gonna eat 'er?"
"Oi surrpintlly do."
This conversation was interrupted by the smallest Dibbun of them all, a young mouse named Delthion, running through the group, waving a wooden sword and screaming at the top of his lungs. He was in hot pursuit of two young mousemaids.
"I's gonna eatcha! I's gonna bite yer heads off! Teeheehee!!"
The mousemaids stopped and turned, one of them giggling uncontrollably. "But Del, if you eat me, den I be inside you and I see your thoughts!"
A hush fell over the Dibbuns.
"Dat sounds a bit weird." one young mouse by the name of Soren yelled out.
The other mousemaid put her paw on her hip, shaking the other at Delthion. "Nobeast wants to play eating games, Del. We wants to do fun things."
Del grinned. "I's gonna eatcha, Peony!"
"Gaaah!!" the squirrelmaids Amber and Russa jumped from a tree onto Del, knocking him over. "Gotcha!"
Del raced off, the squirrel sisters on his heels.
Over by the pond Wylder, Mhera, and Fatch were talking. Wylder and Mhera kept pushing each other and giggling. Groddil, the otter babe, swam in the pond, yelling "I da Grododile!"
James looked around, feeling helpless to stop the chaos. There were so many of them, and only one of him.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Chipster of Noonvale

Lady Amber

Groddil

Maudie

Why on earth wouldn't you be? :P I really just chose them at random, mostly. :P
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Feles

I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Maudie

Someone whose kid asks a lot of questions. ;D

Groddil

Quote from: Maudie on February 02, 2017, 02:19:42 AM

Otters are nice to others. I'm not.

I should be a shrew.

Jukka the Sling

This is awesomely funny!  I love the Grododile. ;D

Quote from: Inquisitor on February 02, 2017, 02:21:44 AM
Who names their kid Inquisitor.
I just died laughing at this for some reason. :P
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Gonff the Mousethief

Skarzs as a mole? Um, yes this will be great. I'm glad to see there is another fanfic slightly poking at James a bit though. Please keep writing in this Maudie, it has amazing potential.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Aimless Gallivanter

Quote from: Groddil on February 02, 2017, 02:56:07 AM
Quote from: Maudie on February 02, 2017, 02:19:42 AM

Otters are nice to others. I'm not.

I should be a shrew.

it's not your fan fiction grodds, you'll just have to get over it, and be the kind little otterbabe you were always meant to be.
im gay!!!!!!

Rosie Willowwater

Oh my, this is amazing Maudie. ;D  Especially my line. :P I was was laughing for a solid minute. Thanks for including me so far.

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

Ashleg

All I want from this is to be a dangerous fish in the water.

Eulaliaaa!

Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.