News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Million Dollars, but. . .

Started by James Gryphon, December 26, 2015, 04:09:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

Can I pay someone else to access it for me and tell me what's on it?

I probably couldn't bring myself to do it for a million, but at a billion I'd be inclined to pull the trigger.

...if you forgot your native language? It would be replaced by comparable knowledge of a random other language spoken by a significant group of people in the world (at least a full-fledged country, not tribal islanders or something). If you know one or more additional languages besides your native language, you would retain that knowledge.
« Subject to editing »

321tumbler

Yeah I would. I could always hire a translator who can also re-teach me English.

... if you had to face your biggest fear? (as in, holding a tarantula if you're afraid of spider or giving a speech if you're afraid of public speaking)

Skyblade

No.

...if you could never listen to music again.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Feles

no.

If you had to walk on 10 meters of burning coals to get it.
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

James Gryphon

Sure. I'd wear shoes. ;)

...if you could never use a shower again? Bathtubs are fine, but you can't use the showerhead.
« Subject to editing »

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

Ashleg

I hate showers, but baths are gross. Could I just not bathe at all and wash my hair in the sink? *takes the money*

Million dollars, but you have to sleep on a park bench for the rest of your life.

James Gryphon

No.

...if for shoes you always had to wear roller blades? (With one exception -- you can wear ice skates on ice.)
« Subject to editing »

asmodeus

Quote from: James Gryphon on December 19, 2015, 07:21:50 AM
I'd consider it, but only now while my headphones are still working (so I can give them up in advance). Eating a set of headphones would probably make me very sick. A million dollars is a lot of money, but I'm not sure it's worth that kind of risk.

If you lost the ability to have romantic relationships and feelings, for the rest of your life? (You could still like or love people, but they would all be permanently friend-zoned to you, and you would never desire anything more.)

Sounds like a benefit to me!
I use arch btw.

Ashleg

Already don't. Ahahah. Trust me, it is!

Quote from: James Gryphon on June 24, 2017, 02:37:35 PM
No.

...if for shoes you always had to wear roller blades? (With one exception -- you can wear ice skates on ice.)

I don't want to die, so no, would never do that.

...if you had to spend it all on charities?

Nadaz, voice of the host

Sure
mdb you have to burn it when u get it.
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

Ashleg

No. Waste of paper.

MDB but you lost your sense of smell.

Delthion

No, I like being able to smell and therefore taste things.

Million dollars but you had to put a ton of effort into an activity that means nothing to you, for a decade.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Ashleg

Yep. That activity being school.

MDB your best friend goes to jail for life and you can't bail them.

Delthion

Nah, a million dollars isn't worth much to me. ;D

MDB you have to eat whatever your username is? (Or nickname, for me it would either be an oracle, or a deli sandwich. ;D)
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.