Whats you favorite fan-fic? (post a comment if you dont see yours there)

Started by Feles, May 21, 2014, 01:40:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feles

tell me...NOW

I actually want everyone who has a sure answer to pick that on the poll

MOD EDIT 1/7/16: This topic is being revived and redone. Since updating the poll on this thread would erase all previous votes, I've gone ahead and removed the poll altogether and replaced it with a new setup that is easy to go in and edit. It also allows for as many changes as people want without erasing any data (though it is, admittedly, not as pretty). If you have a favorite fanfiction, go ahead and post it below (or PM Captain Tammo if you'd like for it to be anonymous). The new "poll" will be updated regularly so things will always stay up to date. Lastly, I have copied over the data from the existing conversation on this thread and former poll exactly how it is (I've also combined the stories that make up a series into one option of their own, to avoid clutter), so that data has not been erased.

The survey rules:

• You may change your vote if you get a new favorite fanfiction and I will adjust the poll accordingly :)
  • It is not a bad or arrogant thing to request your own work to be up on the survey as an option! If you do not see your story up here and would like for it to be, either leave a comment or PM Captain Tammo

The Survey (feel free to request any fanfiction to be added):

• fanfiction name by [author] - [number of votes (One X = 1 Vote, Two dashes = No votes yet)]

Strangers at Redwall by Jukka the Sling - X

The Blade of Noonvale by AbbotAlf0805 - X

The Overwatch by The Skarzs - XX

Mossflower Falls by The Skarzs - X

The "Simon" Trilogy by Captain Tammo - XXX

Dusktail by Darkenmal - XX

Bryony and Bryant by Cornflower MM - XX

Tale of the Blademaster by Jukka the Sling - X

The Vermin Badger Series by Cairn Destop - X

Eastern Warrior by CpnRake335 --

How to be a seer by Tiria Wildlough --

The Outlander Series by SandyB --

The Lost Adventures of Martin the warrior by W0NWILL --

EttLjus i morket by Gonff the Mousethief --

The Moss Crew by Gonff the Mousethief --

Nyroc Brushdale by Soren the Warrior --
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

The Skarzs

Oo, I hate these choices. :D
(BTW, thank you so much for putting mine up there)

It's a near level-pegging with Dusktail and Origins of Simon.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

(Hey, couldja add my fanfic The Tale of the Blademaster to the poll? Thanks!)

Anyway, I've only read a small percentage of the fanfics on here, and it's always hard for me to pick a favorite of anything, so yeah...
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

I don't know, Cap'n Rake! I will go ahead and admit that I don't really read fanfics..... :-\

(Oh, and by the way, Evil and Young are two separate fanfics. And I have a fanfic, but it's not finished. It's called "Bryony And Bryant - A Tale From Redwall)

Gonff the Mousethief

this is a cool idea! Could you add my other fanfic, Ett ljus i mörkret, and The Blade Of Noonvale, Made by AbbotAlf. Thx!

Oh, its fine if you keep Young and Evil Together. :D
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Feles

I am Bobracha!

Feles

Quote from: The Skarzs on May 21, 2014, 02:11:18 AM

You... hate your own Fan-Fic?

Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on May 22, 2014, 01:38:24 AM
this is a cool idea! Could you add my other fanfic, Ett ljus i mörkret, and The Blade Of Noonvale, Made by AbbotAlf. Thx!

Oh, its fine if you keep Young and Evil Together. :D

I have my reasons for that, seeing as they are connected

I wonder who else voted for origins of Simon
I am Bobracha!

The Skarzs

Quote from: CpnRake335 on May 22, 2014, 01:53:09 AM
Quote from: The Skarzs on May 21, 2014, 02:11:18 AM

You... hate your own Fan-Fic?

No, I'm just not going to pick mine because that would be a bit selfish; I also know that there are other fan fiction better than mine.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Feles

which is why I picked origins of Simon

cause mines up there

somewhere

I am Bobracha!

The Skarzs

Now I'm tempted to pick the Overwatch because it was my favorite one to write and I am pleased with how it turned out. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

W0NWILL

My fic, The Last Crow, was abandoned long ago. The more apt ones of mine to put on would probably be The Lost Adventures of Martin the Warrior or The Warrior Lives On. Neither are my best work, I admit, but they're my best 'recent' ones. Recent meaning updated in 2012(and that tells you everything about my writing schedule).

rachel25

Um, could you put my one shot Never Forget on the poll. Or doesn't it count since it's only a one shot. I also have loads of unfinished fan fics, but its unlikely I'll ever finish 'em.
Also, you should add the pass along fanfiction. That's a good 'un.

Jukka the Sling

Um, I guess I'm being picky, but my fic is called The Tale of the Blademaster, not Tales of the Blademaster. :P

And come to think of it, I did really like Blazemane's Warriors and Heroes, so I guess I'll vote that.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Feles

:P sorry, I fixed it

I find it kind of weird that no one has voted on Dusktail or Mossflower falls yet

They are almost as good (in my opinion) as Origins of Simon
I am Bobracha!

The Skarzs

Unfortunately, the Fan Fiction section of the forum is far less active than it should be, and many commendable pieces of writing have not been read.
For example, your story, the Eastern Warrior, is quite enjoyable. But as you have observed, not many people have read it.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.