News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Summer 2015 Fanfiction Awards

Started by Captain Tammo, July 30, 2015, 05:27:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhera

Skyblade

"Kudos, Jukka the Sling!" yelled Skyre. Her paws were starting to get sore from all this clapping.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Søren

Congratulations Jukka, that's got to be the most original idea! :D

I'm retired from the forum

The Skarzs

The bigger awards were about to begin, and Rhonhuk stepped up to the stage once again.
  "We apologize if this all seems a bit rushed, but I'm sure many of you are eager to hear the winners for the big awards such as the best hero, the best villain, and story most like the series itself. First off are the nominations for the best hero:

"Leonardo Williams, The Plague. A mouse traveling through a land in peril; will he stay and help?
Karth, Dusktail. A Colonel in the service of Salamandastron, with a duty to perform and decisions to make, be they easy or painfully difficult.
Luke the Warrior, The Warrior Lives on Luke, the father of Martin, lives again!
Ashen, They Weren't the Heroes We Wanted Able to send flames up at any moment with a flick of the paws, this mouse must learn to control is power and deal with the past.
Teya, Midwinter A weaselmaid wanting to get into the abbey? Preposterous!
Mattimeo, The Outlander (series) Sometimes even those we think are immovable can be changed by something drastic.

Best Villain in a Fanfiction:
The Overwatch, The Overwatch A guardian of an ancient treasure, so the legends say. He is immortal, unable to be defeated! Or are legends fabrications?
Damien the Damned, The Plague Behold the might of the black giant, whose sword is like a flame, and his army like a disease!
Barkclaw, Dusktail You can choose your friends, but you can't choose your family; death is like a gift for this fox to give.
Silverscale the Terrible, They Weren't the Heroes we Wanted Slimy, slithering, savage, and sly. Has there been a snake who coveted the beloved abbey?
Jagee,  The Outlander Dishonorable or just greedy, this ferret is determined to get what he wants.
The past, Youthful Disclosure What haunts us more than the events of the past?

Best Canon-Related Fanfiction:
Never Forget There is an area of unknown time from when Martin left from Marshank and his arrival in Mossflower; here is an idea of what may have occurred.
A Change of Habits Usually a leader dies or simply gives up the seat, but what really happens when an abbot relinquishes the power he has? What is the process?
The Outlander (series) There are obviously other civilizations in the world Mossflower is set in, and it is possible for two to meet, and perhaps even ask for aid in saving a betrayed land.
The Crew Of the Lady Fortune Not a Redwall-related fanfic, but based on the adventures of Ben and Ned, and what may happen in the centuries they live through.
The Great Caper Gonff is back at his old tricks again, fooling Dibbuns, telling yarns, and, of course, trying to pilfer something he wants.
The Last of the Long Patrol What would have happened if the last battle in The Long Patrol had not gone as it did?

And the winners for these three awards are as follows:
Best Hero, Villain, and Canon-Related Awards

Darkenmal, for his great literary works that contained the voted best hero: Karth, in Dusktail], Barkclaw, of the same fanfic, and The Last of the Long Patrol for the best canon-related work of this competition!
[close]
Congratulations!
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Skyblade

Mhera

Darkenmal

Jerel unsteadily rose from his seat, the action silencing the politely applauding crowd.

"As a writer, to have my work so well regarded means much to me. I can only hope to be equal to the praise given to me tonight, and to entertain you all in the seasons to come. Thank you."

Bowing low, Jerel sat back down, the fox's expression a mixture of shock and pleasure as the ceremony quickly resumed.

"I closed my eyes, only to open them again. I did not know what to expect, but I was afraid of knowing the truth; the truth which my dreams have revealed..." - Swiftpaw, Lord of Salamandastron and the Defender of the Western Coast.

Captain Tammo

Darkenmal with the sweep! Way to go, man!

I gotta say, I had forgotten you'd written both The Last of the Long Patrol and Dusktail when I was looking at the results. I didn't realize that you'd be taking home these guys until a couple days ago! Regardless, nothing would've changed. You deserve it!

A special reminder to all award winners!!!

If you would like, go ahead and mention the award you won on your fanfiction! Do it by editing the title of the page [ex: "My Fanfiction" (Winner of the ____ Award!)], or maybe post a link to the awards show saying "Look! This story won an award!"

You've done your work, now show off the achievement!

There are just a few awards to go, so stay tuned!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Tim Churchmouse

Just as the next award is to be announced, the grand entrance to the awards hall opens, and a hare by the name of Fothlin De Tomlinson peeks around it. Everyone stares at him, and utter silence rules the arena.

'Er, hello chaps!' He says sheepishly.

A mouse coughs.

'Oh, blimey! I've won an award! He instantly swaggers along the carpet to the front, shakes everyones hand in doing so, takes his award, and sits down next to a bemused badger.

'Carry on, wot!'
This is your referral link!
PLEEEEEASE CLICK MULTIPLYFYING TIMES!!!!!!!

Captain Tammo

During the applause for Darkenmal, music plays again and the announcer speaks out over the hub, "Please welcome back to the stage Leonardo Williams! Here to present the Best Adventure Fanfiction Award!"

Leonardo once again takes the stage, but in a new attire (such is life when in an awards show). He now donned a pair of long, grey suit pants, a white, button down collar shirt with onyx studded cufflinks, a vest of matching color, and a slim necktie.

Leonardo approaches center stage, envelope in paw, and addresses the audience once more.

"Adventures. What else can I say? They're the real life-changing stories. We laugh, we cry, we sympathize with the struggles of others and feel the anger and frustration alongside them when things go wrong. This award is given to the author who was best able to bring the reader along with their characters on unforgettable journeys. These are the nominees for the Best Adventure Fanfiction Award..."

The Outlander by SandyB
A distant island nation has come under attack by the dreaded Stormvermin! Their only hope: the mysterious land of Mossflower that lay across the sea to the East...

Youthful Disclosure by Cairn Destop
An adventure following four young ones who have set out to come to terms with their tragic origins.

The Overwatch by The Skarzs
Epics tell of a great treasure trove guarded by the legendary 'Overwatch'. Dregnuth the otter has decided that fate will remember him as the one who defeated the great guardian of the gold...

The Moss Crew by Gonff the Mousethief
A tale that follows Marshall, the blue-furred fox, through a series of trials and tribulations.

"And the winner of the Best Adventure Fanfiction Award goes to...."

Best Adventure Fanfiction

Leonardo cracks the wax seal on the envelope and takes a look inside

"Youthful Disclosure by Cairn Destop! Congratulations, Cairn!"
[close]
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Skyblade

"Yay! Kudos, Cairn Destop!" cheered Skyre in the midst of the applause.

cairn destop

La-La Taebor strolls to the microphone.  A regal lady badger dressed in the latest formal gown. 

"To win the accolades of those who judged so many worthy contenders is indeed an honor."

Retirement:  What I earned from a lifetime of work.

Gonff the Mousethief

Marshall stood from his seat.
"This un' here was great! Congratulations!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Mhera

Captain Tammo

"And now, here to present the Rising Star Award, Captain Tammo!"

Captain Tammo enters stage right and makes his way to center stage among the general applause. He stops in the middle and holds an envelope up.

"In this envelope are the results of the Rising Star Award, an award given to the masterpieces of the forum that still have under 1,000 total views. It is very true, there are a very large number of Fanfictions on the forum. And sometimes that means a few real jewels get buried in the general mass. This award has, by far, the most nominees of the evening, but every one of them deserves to be up for this great prize. This award is for those jewels. Here are the nominees for the Rising Star Award..."

The Overwatch by The Skarzs
There are myths about the treasure which is guarded by the god-like Overwatch. One otter has set his life to finding whether or not the tales are true...

Blackness by SandyB
A oneshot about a little mousemaid who is saved from a shipwreck. It follows her experiences as she overcomes a temporary blindness and is nursed back to health by the unseen hero.

Meeting in the Sunny Glades by W0NWILL
A poem about the great warriors of Redwall gathering in a sunny glade.

Flandir's Field by BlueRose
A poem about a dead creature's encounters with the keeper of memories in Flandir's Field.

A Change of Habits by Cairn Destop
A short story about a retiring abbot mentoring the creature chosen to step up in his place.

Fire Mountain: A Redwall Version of Pompeii by Skyblade
Delka Brushtail, Badger Lord of Salamandastron, tells two rebellious privates about the time-forgotten legend of the Fire Mountain.

When the Bell of Danger Tolls by Gonff the Mousethief
A group of seven diverse strangers set out on a journey to stop a great evil from rising in the world.

The Crew of the Lady Fortune by Sagetip, the Hare
A story following Ben and Ned's journey on a mid-18th century French merchant ship, the Lady Fortune.

The Great Caper by Darkenmal
Gonff the Mousethief is at it again in this mischievous short story!

Youthful Disclosure by Cairn Destop
Four young ones set out on a journey to come to terms with their tragic origins.

Midwinter by KitrallStreamrippler
A oneshot about a weaselmaid with the dream of one day taking part in one of Redwall's great midwinter celebrations.

"And the winner of the Rising Star Award for Summer, 2015, is...."

The Rising Star Award

"Cairn Destop, A Change of Habits! Congratulations, again, Cairn! Hope you didn't sit back down, yet!"
[close]