Roleplay Excerpt - Bracklew kills Jetfur

Started by Hickory, July 17, 2016, 08:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

This isn't best described a duel, since it's short and sweet. During the final battle aboard Rapshade's pirate ship, the Shadowcaster, Bracklew defeats Jetfur, the slavemaster. Bracklew the squirrel is Sandpaw's main character in the RP, and Jetfur was my vermin character. Hope you enjoy.

Warning: Unlike previous installments, this excerpt contains major spoilers. Beware.
Spoiler
Jetfur parried Duncan's attack and dodged, only to find himself facing the charging figure of Bracklew. The rat laughed maniacally. "Back for more, eh? Let's see what yore made of, squirrel!"

The Slavemaster swung low, hoping to hit below the squirrel's guard.

Twisting his sword hilt Bracklew warded off a deadly blow but he wasn't fast enough to pull away. Jetfur's steel slide though his flesh and fur easily staining the blade red. Gasping in shock Bracklew doubled up plunging his left paw into the abrasion. Feeling lightheaded the squirrel swiped clumsily at Jetfur's footpaw as he fell to his knees. Red blood mixed with red fur and Bracklew's knees cracked as the collided with the deck. Jetfur kicked Bracklew, once, twice, thrice. "Not good enough, squirrel. Just like yore friend the rabbit. Rapshade finished her off, just like I'm gonna finish you!"

Pain flared in his subconscious as the squirrel stared up at Jetfur eyes wide trying to fight off the overwhelming sense of blackness that was closing in..

Bracklew starte to crawl away, hardly alive. Jetfur whipped him with the flat of his blade. Breathing heavily, he stood over the weakened squirrel. As he stepped forward, Bracklew kicked out with his paws, sending Jetfur tumbling into the slave deck. Swearing wildly, the rat smashed through the door and landing hard on the floor, spitting out splinters. "Lily-livered coward! Cme and fight me like a proper warrior!"

Anger filled every inch of Bracklew as he plunged down after Jetfur landing heavily on the rat. Both went down in a tumble of fur, paws, and tails. He wanted to hurt the rat, to hurt him like he had hurt Mixy. To hurt him for every slave that had ever suffered under the rat's lash, to hurt him for every whip mark on his back. Bracklew's tired paw did little too Jetfur and with one solid kick the rat sent him rolling off.

"Vermin."Bracklew gasped, trying to pull himself up. "Mixy, help. Hurts. Hurts so much." His paw found a chain he grabbed hold of the links which were still attached to the rowing bench. Tightening his grip Bracklew twisted the chain leaving his blood and the blood of vermin smeared across the metal. His eyes flared as Jetfur sprang at him falling back blinded by fur, and blood Bracklew twisted the chain again tightening it with his paws flailing it around in a desperate attempt to get it around Jetfur's neck.

The rat's quick reflexes stopped the chain in midair. Gripping it with his own paws, the black rat and Bracklew wrestled for a minute, but it was clear who would win the fight. Bracklew tried to stop Jetfur from pushing the chain back at him, but couldn't find the strength. Thinking wildly, he spotted the rat's whip lying on the floor. Quickly grabbing it, he smashed it into the side of Jetfur's head. Stunned, the rat fell on his back. Bracklew took the oppurtunity to push forward with the chain.

Jetfur pushed against the chain, eyes wild with fear. Blood was the only thing that he could smell, and he grasped for his whip. It wasn't there. The chain pressed ever closer to his neck, and the rat spoke out of desperation. "Please! I'll giver yer anything. Anything!"

Bracklew's eyes were red with Bloodwrath. "All I want is your dead body, scum!"

Jetfur started to lose consciousness. "Ack! Cap'n! Saltooth! Anybeast!"

The rat's paws wrapped around Bracklew's arms, grabbing the squirrel's fur in a death grip. Bracklew locked eyes with the rat. "Go to Hellgates, vermin!"

Jetfur's paws slipped from Bracklew's, slick with blood. He gasped for air, getting none. The Slavemaster clawed at Bracklew's eyes, getting good results. The squirrel gritted his teeth in pain and pressed harder. The rat pushed upward, taking in one, final, rattling breath, before going limp. Jetfur was dead!

Even after Jetfur's body went limp, Bracklew squeezed the chain tighter. His eyes were stuck shut with blood Jetfur's claws still dug into his arms painfully. Slowly the haze of hate lifted from Bracklew and his paws to weak to hold the chain any longer let go. With the last reserves of strength Bracklew pushed the body and chain off of himself sucking in a single blood and filth tasting breath.

It didn't matter what happened above deck, it didn't matter who won. He didn't care. He was to exhausted to think. He attempted to wipe away the blood clouding his vision but it had dried locking him in darkness. Bracklew's slow shuddering breaths deepened as he faded in and out, bleeding slowly into an ever growing pool.

Feeling exhausted, lightheaded, and miserable Bracklew let himself slip into the welcoming embrace of unconsciousness.
[close]

As always, all credit goes to Ashleg for the creation of the RP and Sandpaw and your truly for the characters.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Ashleg