Inns

Started by The Shade, June 11, 2013, 09:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shade

Does anyone remember in the book Mossflower it says Martin had eaten in farm houses, inns, and more offen, the odd slab of rock. So, about the inns. Thoughts???
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Zere are probably zeveral, but ve juzt 'avenae zeen 'em. Ah zink ah might include vone in a ztory.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

The Shade

I think that would be a good idea.

rachel25

Yeah I might put one in one of my stories too  :-*

Kitsune

Ugh! I have this urge to write a story now, but I don't know what it should be about!

Lutra

Good question....where are the inns?  My guess is that inns weren't exactly safe around the time of Martin.  The only real security came from a fortress where everyone can hide inside.  Inns if and when they existed, were probably raided, pillaged, and never rebuilt.  There always seemed to be a lot of turmoil in Mossflower.  Can't say a kindly mouse would give a fox a nice bed and meal for the night. ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Romsca

Sounds like they were probably run by vermin and they were mostly for vermin then

The Shade

Quote from: Lutra on June 13, 2013, 03:00:46 AM
Good question....where are the inns?  My guess is that inns weren't exactly safe around the time of Martin.  The only real security came from a fortress where everyone can hide inside.  Inns if and when they existed, were probably raided, pillaged, and never rebuilt.  There always seemed to be a lot of turmoil in Mossflower.  Can't say a kindly mouse would give a fox a nice bed and meal for the night. ;)
Yeah, I think your right, if there were inns, they were probably all destroyed by vermin.

rachel25

properly yeah sad though inns might have come in useful  :-*

The Shade

I think inns add a nice ellment to a story. I think one of the probablems with an inn is currentcy. Money. There is NO money in redwall wich restrickes a lot of thing, including inns.That probably why BJ did'nt use them.

Romsca

Well, in my story I'm writing there will be currency; it just simply couldn't happen any other way

Ungatt Trunn

Who says that creatures in the world of Redwall couldn't set up Inns? They could start them just as easily as humans can.

Life is too short to rush through it.

WoodlandWarrior

This has always been something on my mind too.  Things like Inns and Taverns or even little townships and stuff.  Redwall certainly lends itself to it.

As far as currency, I could see good beasts running inns on trade or chores, it seems like only vermin are concerned with treasure.
"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules."  -Gary Gygax

Shadowed One

What if they had inns in Southward? They drove the vermin out of there, remember?
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Romsca