Favorite Castaways book

Started by Vilu Daskar, May 16, 2013, 08:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wylder Treejumper

Where do you live? Like, Wyoming? Or someplace else in the middle of nowhere? There has got to be more than two libraries in your entire state!
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Vilu Daskar

Quote from: The Mask on June 11, 2014, 12:24:04 PM
Haven't read the voyage of slaves yet, the library doesn't have it so...
The first two books were good though, although I must say I like Redwall better.
Yeah Redwall is better
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

The Mask

Wylder...I live near Uluru. I hope you know where that is.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Cornflower MM

Wylder Treejumper

You mean Ayer's Rock? >:D

Aye... You'll be an Ozzy, then!
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

The Mask

Yep,  8)
See those glasses? They're because Uluru is pretty boring. LOGIC!
Anyway back on topic...
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Dannflor

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Gonff the Mousethief

Just started reading the angels command. GREAT BOOK!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Cornflower MM

Banya

I loved all three of the books, and each for different reasons, but my favourite remains the first.  There were so many changes in the world from 1623 to 1896 that were reflected in the book, and the changes in Ben and Ned, particularly in their confidence, skills, and knowledge, were astounding.  The end was bittersweet, and the two and a half centuries in between the two time periods leaves so many openings for events they may have seen and adventures they may have had.

Kitsune

The end to the first book almost made me cry. It did not though, just almost.

Gonff the Mousethief

*Sigh* Istillhave a tear stain on the last few pages of my copy.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.