News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Tale of Urso Brunov

Started by Redwall Musician, August 15, 2011, 06:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwall Musician

I was wondering what this book was about. Is it a chapter book? Is is a short picture book? Looks like a children's book. I've always liked books that were meant for children (such as Winnie the Pooh). So if any of you have read it or can answer my questions, please do.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Nightfire

I haven't read it, but I heard  it's like a child's picture book, kinda.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

What's interesting is that the bears in the series with Urso Brunov are thumb-sized. Brian Jacques liked using small creatures in his books.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Coobreedan

In the second Urso Brunov, they meet a big polar bear. ;D
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Dannflor

I really want to read it I wonder what it is like
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Taggerung The Otter

For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Muse

It's really good and beautiful.
Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse

Taggerung The Otter

For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Muse

It's basically a great story about a little king of bears and his adventures.
Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse

Bragoon

It's a children's picture book, to start with.  It's actually a reasonably long story, in contrast to say, Chicka-Chicka Boom Boom.  Not too long to finish in one sitting, but not just a "Oh let's read for a few minutes" book. 

I read it with my four year-old brother, and it was simple enough for him to understand, but still not an easy book.  The illustrations were nice, and he wanted to stop for a little while on a couple of pages to actually look at all that was there. 

That said, it's still an interesting story, and very much the kind of story you might expect from Mr. Jacques.  Bears wander off, the Little Father of All Bears goes to rescue them.  Justice and Mustache Knots (known only to Brunov bears) ensue, then they eat.  There are even a couple of songs, which I found easy to make up a tune to go along with. 

The second book ("And the White Emperor") is also enjoyable, but it's a little shorter, and feels like there's a little less there.  It's mostly traveling with already-made friends, as opposed to new, not always friendly encounters.  But there's songs, eating, and it's still better than many children's books out there, so we had a good time.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Vilu Daskar

I want to try it but our library doesn't have it
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Maudie

Tri is actually spelled t-r-y, instead of t-r-i. ;)
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Mask on August 05, 2013, 05:41:03 PM

Aye, "tri" iz more tae dae viz ztuff involvin' zreez.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Vilu Daskar

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on August 05, 2013, 09:03:06 PM

I just couldn't remember
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Vilu Daskar on August 05, 2013, 11:01:42 PM
Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on August 05, 2013, 09:03:06 PM

I just couldn't remember

Ach, tiz fine. Ve av dae it!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.