News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Seven Strange and Ghostly Tales

Started by Skalrag of Marshank, August 17, 2011, 02:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buckler The Leg Buckler

Same, winifred, I bet it's pretty good 'cause Jacques made it.
"I'll live to close those evil eyes of yores fer good,Ublaz! This is war! Cut 'er loose, Rocpaw, 'tis waaaaaar!" - Pearls Of Lutra

KitrallStreamrippler

I really liked this book- there were one or two stories that gave me the willies (yes, I'm a huge wimp when it comes to scary stories), but nothing major. My favorite one was the one about the kid who lied all the time. What was his name? (Ugh- I have the worst head for names...)
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah ordered ze book, zae ah'm ztill vaitin' tae read it.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Exzcuze ze double pozt, ah juzt finizhed Brian Jacques' Zeven Ztrange An' Ghoztly Talez today. Ah liked it, it vould be great for tellin' around a fire at night. (Or around a zmall candle in ze livin' room...)
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on July 02, 2013, 06:58:28 PM
Exzcuze ze double pozt, ah juzt finizhed Brian Jacques' Zeven Ztrange An' Ghoztly Talez today. Ah liked it, it vould be great for tellin' around a fire at night. (Or around a zmall candle in ze livin' room...)
What is it about, exactly?

Life is too short to rush through it.

redwallgurl

It's just some little small stories that can be a little spooky.
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: redwallgurl on November 17, 2013, 03:31:19 PM
It's just some little small stories that can be a little spooky.
Um, can you summerize one without giving away any big spoilers?

redwallgurl

Well it's been a while since I've read it but it has like 7 or so stories dealing with little supernatural events or monsters, always with a moral to each story. They usually deal with children.
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: redwallgurl on November 19, 2013, 12:23:01 AM
Well it's been a while since I've read it but it has like 7 or so stories dealing with little supernatural events or monsters, always with a moral to each story. They usually deal with children.
Sounds allot like the Ribbajack.