News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Favorite non-Redwall book.

Started by Lord Daskar, July 11, 2016, 05:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which did you like best?

Castaways of the Flying Dutchman. (Castaways)
11 (47.8%)
The Angel's Command. (Castaways)
6 (26.1%)
Voyage of Slaves. (Castaways)
3 (13%)
The Tale of Urso Brunov. (Urso Brunov)
0 (0%)
Urso Brunov and the White Emperor. (Urso Brunov)
0 (0%)
Seven Strange and Ghostly Tales.
2 (8.7%)
The Ribbajack.
1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Lord Daskar

The only Brian Jacques books I've read are the Redwall series and the Castaways Series, so I'm going with Voyage of Slaves.
When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheerĀ·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.

Delthion

Seeing as the Ribbajack is the only one that I've read it has to be my favorite! ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Gonff the Mousethief

The First Castaways was literally one of the best books I have ever read, so that one for sure. I am still getting around to Angel's Command, but I hope it is as good or even better.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

alexandre

Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on July 19, 2016, 06:18:58 PM
The First Castaways was literally one of the best books I have ever read, so that one for sure. I am still getting around to Angel's Command, but I hope it is as good or even better.

The Angel's command is way better!
Why they try to tear the mountains down to bring in a couple more
More people, more scars upon the land

~ John Denver

And daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenberg County
Down by the Green River where Paradise lay
Well, I'm sorry my son, but you're too late in asking
Mister Peabody's coal train has hauled it away

~ John Prine

Nadaz, voice of the host

I can't wait to read 7 strange and gostly tales!
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

Captain Tammo

I just finished Voyage of Slaves on audiobook. The first time I read the story was years ago but I'm glad I tried this out - it was like experiencing the story anew all over again! I don't want to give too much away and spoil it, but there are some really cool moments in this one! Ben and Ned go through a whole lot of trouble to get where they want.

A close second would have to be The Angels Command with the mystery of Adamo, the escape from the Razaan in the coolest way possible, and all that good stuff!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

sunflashtheace

I own castaways of the flying dutchman and have only read that one so it definitley is my favorite!  ;D :)  :-[

WUMASTER

I've read castaways. It is a really good book. I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it yet. It's nice to see something different coming from the same author. Castaways was a good book because it's got some industrial stuff in there. :)