News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maudie

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

The Skarzs

. . . Bleach my eyes, please.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Maudie

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Aimless Gallivanter

when i was younger i sewed a pair of jeans into a handy backpack for adventuring in the woods. it was full of noisy useless things but i had a blast. alsk the "thread" i used was floss :D
im gay!!!!!!

Cornflower MM

Floss is good for sewing. It doesn't break easy. :P Sounds awesome Galli!

Groddil

Bots. So many bots.

The first 31 pages of the memberlist are filled with 0 post accounts. 31. So many. Why are they still here?

After that, there's 3 pages of accounts with just 1 post, and another 2 and a half pages of just 2 posts.

A lot of these accounts are gagged.

Without inspecting all of them, I'd wager that 99% of the 1/2 post accounts are just bots that posted in a board that counts posts.

Why are they cluttering up the memberlist?

Maudie

Because not everyone is a perfectionist like you.

The Skarzs

Because. . . I don't know. It's probably a hassle to completely delete profiles.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Banya

Or he's annoyed that the bot accounts and gagged accounts remaining in the memberlist skew the forum stats, take up space, and some use up good Redwall usernames. Most of us don't expect those unused accounts to go anywhere, because nothing's been done about them before and they've been around for years, but some of us can agree that it is annoying that they still exist when we know many of those "members" will never come back, and in the rare event an old inactive member does, they may create a new account (like Corny did) because they don't remember their original username and/or password. He's just saying he doesn't like it. There's no reason to be so dismissive toward him.

Matthias720

Short answer: we're still kinda burned out from getting the forum back up and running. It's not that we can't or won't, but that we want to be able to do it right the first time, and it's easier when you have the drive to do it.

The Skarzs

Quote from: Banya on May 29, 2017, 02:57:05 AM
Or he's annoyed that the bot accounts and gagged accounts remaining in the memberlist skew the forum stats, take up space, and some use up good Redwall usernames. Most of us don't expect those unused accounts to go anywhere, because nothing's been done about them before and they've been around for years, but some of us can agree that it is annoying that they still exist when we know many of those "members" will never come back, and in the rare event an old inactive member does, they may create a new account (like Corny did) because they don't remember their original username and/or password. He's just saying he doesn't like it. There's no reason to be so dismissive toward him.
Who is being dismissive?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

James Gryphon

Please transfer future arguments about the forum to either the Suggestions & Concerns board, or the Shoutbox topic, where in either case they may be more easily ignored.
« Subject to editing »

Banya

Quote from: The Skarzs on May 29, 2017, 04:18:32 AM
Quote from: Banya on May 29, 2017, 02:57:05 AM
Who is being dismissive?
Not you; you ninja'd my post. I agree that it would be quite a task.

Cornflower MM

Sooo TOPIC CHANGE.

Recital's on Saturday and I still haven't put my name in all my stuff or memorized the order my dances are in. GO ME. (Also I might be sick. Yay.)