News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Vermin young?

Started by Leatho Shellhound, January 12, 2013, 10:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leatho Shellhound

Have you ever asked your self where are the vermin young, they have to be babies at some point. The only ones I can think of are Veil (The Outcast of Redwall)  Vitch (Mattimeo) And the little band of vermin young in (The Rogue Crew)
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Something Horrifying

The books are pretty lacking on any info about vermin society in general, sadly--it's one area that usually has to be filled in by fans. I think a lot of people have their own headcanons about this, which differ a bit from person to person. I really wish we'd seen more about it in canon, though.
SEPULCHRITUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUDE!

Fanfics: Blackness (complete) --- Recovery (in progress)
Art: Art Thread --- MS Paint Redwall

321tumbler

This is kind of like the topic I made, but maybe they have like nurse-vermin who take care of them in groups or something.

phoenixfoden

its one of the bad side effects of the redwall formula i geuss brian didint add them much as it would be a bit sad to have the little vermin branded as bad.

Lutra

If we're looking at how Mr. Jacques would have written vermin mothers in, it probably be something similar to what we saw in Outcast--Veil is raised by a nursing female or mother, though little care is given in raising them properly.  Hence they end up vermin because the parents either don't know any better, don't care, or don't want them to be any different.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Tam and Martin

There was also the young vermin gang in High Rhulain.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Tam and Martin on January 13, 2013, 08:40:04 PM

Oh I have to reread that book.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Captain Tammo

I'd love to see a fanfic of vermin culture!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Tam and Martin

Osu

In Outcast of Redwall, during the scene where the crows were attacking the horde, I recall reading something along the lines of those with families and young ones claiming the center of the group, so as to be safe from attack. Good parenting, I guess...? XD

Then there was the beginning of Taggerung, too, with whatshername and her son, Tagg's rival -- gosh, I can't remember, I need to reread that book! -- I've always figured that was a good indication of how vermin brought up their young. She complained about having to leave her son on the beach while searching for baby Tagg's food, but evidently it didn't bother her enough to bring him with her or find a nurse, or anything like that.

I think my brain went on vacation when school started up again, I can't for the life of me think of her name..
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Redwaller

I don't remember her name either, but her son was Zann.

Romsca

Her name was Antigra, I think

Tam and Martin

Romsca

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on January 13, 2013, 08:45:49 PM
Quote from: Tam and Martin on January 13, 2013, 08:40:04 PM

Oh I have to reread that book.

Yeah but this topic was about vermin who were REALLY young. The vermin gang was mostly young (14-20 years if they were people), but not that young

Martin the warrior

in the legend of Luke there's Rigdig the little water rat
Apples is ripe when they are ready  
When pears is ripe they'll fall
What must happen will happen or       
it won't happen at all

To love, you must first love yourself