Scary or Disconcerting Moments in Redwall

Started by MeadowR, August 30, 2013, 03:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maudie

Huh. I must've thought that up all on my own...
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

a crumb

I've been noticing this thread for a few days within venturing in...

The adderhead (I guess I can call it that?) from Triss has always been what I thought of as the height of Redwallian horror.

Possibly underappreciated candidate of the general concept would be the hordeleader who forced one or two of his followers to ear a whole bird, uncooked. Feathers, bones and all. I can't remember who it was, and a bit of searching is not proving successful. But I always found that to be one of the most downright sadistic things any villain ever did. In fact, it's like the most prolonged death sequence of anyone I can think of that was traumatic, not a peaceful slow-fadeout like
Spoiler
Cregga
[close]

Ashleg

The warlord who did that was Swartt Sixclaw, Veil's father.

And yes, I agree with you about the thing in the spoiler. But I wouldn't say that was scary, moreso sad.

a crumb

Ah, yes, thank you. And the vermin's name was Wildag. A very horrible way to go.

Yes, I agree. All I meant was that very unlike that, Wildag faced a fate that was not an immediate death, either peaceful or horrible. It was both prolonged and horrible. Fed to death with a crow, by your ally, knowing you're going to be dead by the end of this, with no escape? That's definitely disconcerting.

Ashleg

I sometimes choke on water, so I don't even want to imagine how his last moments were.