News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Clash Royale

Started by Ungatt Trunn, July 16, 2017, 10:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn

Didn't see a topic for this before, so... does anyone else play Clash Royale? It's a pretty big game, you've probably at least herd of it before. It's kind of like Hearthstone if anyone here has played that - just way cooler.

Felt like making a topic about 'cause I just unlocked these bad boys (or bad boy and girl) in the game today, so rn I'm pretty hyped:

My Legendary collection grows  :D

So, does anyone else here play it? Love it? Hate it?

Life is too short to rush through it.

Ashleg

No, it looks cool. What's the premise?

Ungatt Trunn

It's basically a strategy game where you have a 1v1 (or a 2v2, depending on the mode) with another player. You each have three "towers", and the objective of each round is to try and destroy your opponent's towers. You bring 8 "cards" to each battle: each card is a troop, card, or defensive building that you can directly deploy. TL;DR ('cause it's a bit more complicated than this), you want to outsmart your opponent with your "army", while not succumbing to his/hers.

You collect these troops/spells/etc. via "cards" that you unlock from chests won from battle/bought in the shop. They come in four tiers: Common, Rare, Epic, and Legendary. Usually the higher tier they are, the more powerful they get, but they also get progressively rarer with each tier. You want to upgrade your cards by finding a certain amount of each one and upgrade 'em with gold. It sounds complicated at first, but you get the hang of it pretty quickly.

Here's some gameplay from one of the lower/first stages of the game:

Ashleg

Neato. I'll check it out if I get the chance.

Ungatt Trunn

ok I am a little ticked right now I finally made it to Arena 10 (Hog Mountain), bought the Arena Pack that includes a Legendary chest, opened it up, and... ofc I get another Graveyard, the one Legendary I don't use  >:( >:( >:( >:( I'm a bit tilted and disappointed... I at least wanted something I didn't already have... idk why I'm posting this here I just feel like venting my frustration lol

321tumbler

I've wanted to play this game, but I haven't had the time. A bunch of my friends play it.

alexandre

I play clash, I'm in frozen peak, I only have two legendaries, Night Which(garbage), and miner.
Why they try to tear the mountains down to bring in a couple more
More people, more scars upon the land

~ John Denver

And daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenberg County
Down by the Green River where Paradise lay
Well, I'm sorry my son, but you're too late in asking
Mister Peabody's coal train has hauled it away

~ John Prine

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: 321tumbler on July 29, 2017, 05:43:11 PM
I've wanted to play this game, but I haven't had the time. A bunch of my friends play it.
It doesn't take up too much time: maybe 20 to 30 minutes a day if you play fairly casually...

Quote from: alexandre on July 29, 2017, 08:30:44 PM
I play clash, I'm in frozen peak, I only have two legendaries, Night Which(garbage), and miner.
Night Witch is in a very good position right now tho... she'll probs be nerfed eventually, but atm she really shines. She popped up in my shop today (I'm in Hog Mountain), was tempted to buy her...

The Miner, on the other hand, has always been good and will always be good. One of my fav Legendarys  ยบ-)

alexandre

my phone is broken and I haven't got a replacement yet so I haven't been able to play clash lately, but what I remember is that the Night Witch's bats are cool but I was really bummed about the fact that she has no range, so basically like the knight but with bats / : I think the Knight serves the same essential purpose of close combat for one less elixir which could be used for range stuff like the witch or wizard.
Why they try to tear the mountains down to bring in a couple more
More people, more scars upon the land

~ John Denver

And daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenberg County
Down by the Green River where Paradise lay
Well, I'm sorry my son, but you're too late in asking
Mister Peabody's coal train has hauled it away

~ John Prine

Ungatt Trunn

The trick is to use her behind a tank, like a Golem or a Giant. While your opponent's troops are distracted with the Golem, the Night Witch can safely deal out damage (she technically has some range, even though she's melee), and it also gives her time for her Bat spawns to ramp up. Half a dozen+ Bats along with a Night Witch and a tank can be scary to deal with...

I don't have her so I'm no expert on her, but it's just something I've observed  ;)