News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

YouTube

Started by Maudie, October 01, 2017, 05:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maudie

Isn't it a little weird that we don't have a topic for YouTube yet?

A couple of our forum members have YouTube channels. Feel free to share them here. Also what are y'all's favorite YouTube channels?

Additionally, several members have expressed their desires/intentions to start YouTube channels. What kind of channel did you want to make? Need any advice?

I personally have wanted to make a YouTube channel for a while now. Previously I just wanted to make a channel for the sake of making a channel. I had no clear direction. But ever since I decided that I want to go into filmmaking I've been wanting to start a YouTube channel where I can share my film projects and the learning process as I discover what works and what doesn't. But while filmmaking would probably be my main focus I also want to throw in some vlogging and/or just goofing around and whatever.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Ashleg

Whomever is my 730th subscriber will get a big piece of cake.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCaMUT6NHsrpLT7YCcZguFEQ

DelenatheWanderer

I am the sad creature who's parents block YouTube... WHY!? WHY IS IT ALWAYS ME!!!!!! >8(
Disney. Brian Jacques. J.R.R. Tolkien. C.S. Lewis. Toby Fox. A.A.Milne. And more...

Ashleg

I was still watching YouTube in secret two years ago.

My channel was a secret until this summer.

(Secret: to my parents)

Cornflower MM

YouTube is my lifesaver. If I couldn't listen to music I'd be a lot less sane than I am.

I've also been thinking about starting a YouTube channel for dance-related things and just random stuff.

MeadowR

I made an account during my uni years to put animation tests on. Meaning there's not really been a lot happening with it in recent years. XD It's so useful, as Corn says, to be able to listen to songs there that I don't have on my iTunes player on the computer.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Ashleg

YOU ANIMATE, MEADOWRABBIT?!

The Skarzs

Quote from: DelenatheWanderer on October 01, 2017, 03:24:58 PM
I am the sad creature who's parents block YouTube... WHY!? WHY IS IT ALWAYS ME!!!!!! >8(
Why have they blocked it?

I was in the same boat some years ago. However, my parents have lessened the blocks quite a bit in the past few years, and it only blocks certain content now. (Which is nice because I don't want to see a lot of that stuff. . .)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

DelenatheWanderer

Because they APPARENTLY DON'T TRUST ME.
*coughs*but I do know how to get around it kind of*coughs*
At least on YouTube, that is. Anyway, for now I am the sad person who is in the dark, never being able to visit the DAB tumblr page... *sniffles*
Help me! I hate Covenant Eyes!
A bit back on topic:
I loveeeeeeee  TheOdd1sOut, and Reaction time, and Markiplier, and a million other channels, too.
Disney. Brian Jacques. J.R.R. Tolkien. C.S. Lewis. Toby Fox. A.A.Milne. And more...

The Skarzs

Quote from: DelenatheWanderer on October 01, 2017, 10:07:32 PM
Because they APPARENTLY DON'T TRUST ME.
*coughs*but I do know how to get around it kind of*coughs*
At least on YouTube, that is. Anyway, for now I am the sad person who is in the dark, never being able to visit the DAB tumblr page... *sniffles*
A bit back on topic:
I loveeeeeeee  TheOdd1sOut, and Reaction time, and Markiplier, and a million other channels, too.
Have patience, I guess. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

MeadowR

Quote from: Ashleg on October 01, 2017, 07:21:52 PM

More like animated. Haven't had the time or motivation for awhile. One day I hope to try out some more. In fact, I found a rough Flash animation recently that I started a few years back and then just left... and thought, actually, although it is a bit/a lot rubbish, I think it would be fun to complete this. So perhaps I will get another animation, albeit a far lesser quality, on my page by next year. :D

Problem is, my full name is on the animations I did, which makes me uncomfortable about sharing it here and other places.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Jukka the Sling

I like ThePianoGuys, Studio C, JostieFlicks, and sort of Lindsey Stirling, but she's gotten edgier over the past few years and I don't like all of her stuff.  Other channels I sometimes watch (mostly 'cause my younger brother follows them) are Brotherhood Workshop and Michael Hickox Films.

Quote from: DelenatheWanderer on October 01, 2017, 10:07:32 PM
[...] Anyway, for now I am the sad person who is in the dark, never being able to visit the DAB tumblr page... *sniffles*
Tumblr can be a pretty terrible place, though.  They have basically no rules, and obscene language and sexual content lurk everywhere.  I just check a very small group of trusted Tumblr blogs and that's it.  I didn't even know the DAB had a Tumblr.

I do feel your pain.  My parents aren't really restrictive on my internet access, but they are extremely particular about what movies I watch.  Better to have them care too much than care too little, I guess.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Gonff the Mousethief

I probably spend waaaayyy too much time on YouTube, but, I mean, it is entertaining. My favorite youtubers are probably Chadtronic, H3H3, Cinemasins, IHE, TheOdds1Out, Kill'em, and PBG. Well, plus all the NormalBoots and HiddenBlock guys.

I've been getting better and better at video editing over the years, and really want to start a channel, but have no idea what to do. I do make thumbnails for a couple of my friends' channels, so that's a start.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Maudie

As far as the channels I like...well, I've got a lot. Peter and Evynne Hollens, The Piano Guys, Studio C, Jess and Gabriel Conte, Lindsey Stirling, Owl City (of course! ;D), etc. I've also watched a few filmmaking and photography channels like DSLRGuide, Parker Walbeck, etc. Okay, maybe not a lot. ;D

Oh, and I definitely agree with Jukka about Tumblr. Probably one of the crazier sites on the internet.

@Gonff the Mousethief If you made a channel about editing I guarantee I'll watch it. That's exactly the kind of channel I need. EDIT: I just realized that you're probably talking about just any kind of channel, not one specifically focused on editing :P
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Ashleg

Quote from: MeadowRabbit on October 01, 2017, 10:52:42 PM
Quote from: Ashleg on October 01, 2017, 07:21:52 PM

More like animated. Haven't had the time or motivation for awhile. One day I hope to try out some more. In fact, I found a rough Flash animation recently that I started a few years back and then just left... and thought, actually, although it is a bit/a lot rubbish, I think it would be fun to complete this. So perhaps I will get another animation, albeit a far lesser quality, on my page by next year. :D

Problem is, my full name is on the animations I did, which makes me uncomfortable about sharing it here and other places.

Do you know how to edit?
You can either crop that part out or insert an image over where your name is.