News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Redwall Under Attack! [EXTRAVAGANZA EVENT]

Started by Captain Tammo, October 31, 2017, 02:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

(THIS RP IS NOW OPEN!)

Prompt:
They said it would never happen again, but now it is and the situation is more dire than ever. This morning, the Redwallers woke up to the shout of Brother Fred coming from the Western wall top. Below him on the path was a vicious conglomerate of vermin.

Mother Abbess Hannah was called and she spoke with them. Hannah is a feisty field mouse, don't let her age fool you! A former adventurer herself, the insults she hurled at the vermin, who were very clear about their intentions to kill and plunder, were enough to make even the Skipper flush.

Now Redwall is in a predicament: 25 score vermin (500) are on the path and they will be attacking the abbey at any moment. It has been seasons upon seasons since the last warlord had tried to take Redwall. Worse yet, this is the first time in a great while in which there has not been an abbey warrior (rather, the Skipper, Foremole, Lead Treejumper and Abbess have been covering for the role). One thing the abbey creatures do have, however, is history. A history which recounts, in full, the details of previous warlords, their tactics and their mistakes. It's all a matter of digging up the right documents and figuring out what to do before it's too late!

Playable Characters

Abbess Hannah: a former adventurer who found her home at Redwall, Abbess Hannah is an older fieldmouse with a witty tongue in her mouth. She always has a response. While she can remember how to take care of herself from her younger days, she has never had to defend an entire abbey from an army!

Skipper: This relatively young, male otter and his team are the closest the abbey has to warriors. Skipper has been in a brawl before, and is a natural team leader. While spear fishing is one of his strengths, war is not.

Foremole: A good, humble creature who is usually rather shy when speaking in front of great groups of creatures. However, nobeast in the abbey is as good with a hammer and nail as the good ole foremole and his crew! Carpentry is second nature to him.

Champion Treejumper: Lady Ellen leads the abbey's squirrels. She is an acrobat through and through, and is much younger than the Abbess, Skipper and Foremole. Strangely enough, though, a bow and arrow is not her game. In fact, she has always focused on treejumping, never combat! This is new territory for her.

Brother Fred: The abbey librarian. He will be essential in the quest to find out more information from the Abbey library on how to stop the vermin they are facing. He may be older, but his eyes are sharp and his bones stronger than ever! He should not be underestimated.

Zanna Crowely the Plunderer: When an immovable object meet an unstoppable force, it creates a Giant Rat named Zanna Crowely. She comes from the South and has no interest other than to loot, pillage and plunder. Many have tried standing in the feared warlord's path, but none have been able to stop her yet! Even worse, her army has grown in both reputation and size, and it reaches far in front of where she goes. A skilled beast in combat with her flail, and a masterful strategist, it will take more than an immovable object to stop Zanna Crowely!

Rune: An almost dwarfish-sized fox who is also Zanna's seer and advisor. Starting out as a slave in Zanna's army, Rune has raised herself higher than the Zanna's captains on nothing but her wit and will to survive.

_______: ___________________ (player's choice! Choosing to make a character does not gain or lose one consideration when judging occurs. Be sure to introduce your character if you make one).

How to play (everyone please read)!
To be considered for points, one must post in the RP at least 4 times. Judging is based off of quality of post. The winner of the war is not necessarily the winner of the RP in judging. That title goes to whoever does the best job with progressing the story and playing their part.

All OOC and IC posts will occur on this topic. No extra topics have been made. OOC posts do not count toward the 4-post minimum to be considered for judging.

Players will RP as one or more of the characters above. One may play as other characters, but may not god-mode. If a dispute should arise, then the post that caused the problem should be re-written (this expedites the problem-solving process and allows for the RP to carry on). Bickering does not bode well for when judging comes around.

Anyone may jump in at any time. The abbey and invaders are both big! So it's okay if creatures disappear from view and come back later. Though we encourage interaction.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Ashleg

Captain Tammo

I'll take the role of Foremole if nobody wants it ;D
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Cornflower MM

Captain Tammo

Want to start when we get a fourth person in? Or does someone want to kick things off now? ;D

HoltLutra

Happy to Be Exploring Redwall!

Cornflower MM

Before we start I has a question. Since there's about four of us (Hi HoltLutra, by the way! Nice to meetcha) do we/can we just all kinda control the other characters as needed as well?

a crumb

I'd be willing to take the Abbess. She sounds amazing.

Wylder Treejumper

I will proudly take Foremole. I may need to brush up on my molespeak, but I think it's tragic that moles are so underrepresented in fanfiction and RPs. They may not make good action heroes, but mole sense is what the Abbey runs off of.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Krantor the Brutal

I'll take Brother Fred. (I like old wise-like characters and it would be an interesting experience.)
"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

Nadaz, voice of the host

It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

Krantor the Brutal

Should we start right when If Brother Fred finds the horde or build on it first?
"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

Ashleg

Krantor the Brutal

Ashleg